LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

This is a Year I see the Niners Trading Up...

I just want the best player available. If the 49ers can get a WR, RG or even a NT (Soap is a FA after this year) that they like a lot I wouldn't mind trading up. If they want to trade down and collect more picks, fine with me 2.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
im not gonna be happy if we trade up for a guard or select one once again in the 1st rd, i want to trade up for a playmaker whether its on offense or defense. a good guard can be found in later rounds, just ask the saints

Like the way you think, Fred. There should be a quality OG available in the 3rd-5th round to get the job done.

Yea the only player I want them to trade up for if he slides is wright
Kilgore/person + 4-5th rounder can fight it out for RG
[ Edited by Aussie49ah on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
I would rather trade down or trade for future draft picks unless we see people we really, really like.

Agree. Sit tight if we get a player we want grab him otherwise trade out.
David DeSantos? It's Decastro bro .

That said I might do it just because I think he's THAT good, but most likely I would just stay put at 30 and take the best player available.
id trade up for floyd or wright
if we were to trade back, what would could we realistically expect in return for our 1st rounder?
im not really a draft guru so help me out.
It might be wise to trade down. 2 second rounders instead of 1 and some additional picks beyond that. Picking #30 is like a 2nd IMO. So we might as well have 2 of those instead of 1 of those...
Yeah I would trade up for decastro, floyd, or jenkins(assuming he checks out okay). Think either one of these picks makes us that much better.
Originally posted by sfout:
at that point we might as well trade up for the to the 15th and get DeCastro.

HELL YEAH!!!!!
Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
HELL YEAH!!!!!

Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
Originally posted by sfout:
at that point we might as well trade up for the to the 15th and get DeCastro.

HELL YEAH!!!!!

He is really the only player id be happy about trading up for, otherwise i think it would
be beneficial to trade back.

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
i hope they trade down to acquire picks for depth. These players, two years from now, could have an impact for our team. This draft should be utilized for the 2014 season.

this.

this year's draft is DEEP I like a lot of late round guys that could become stars or very good starters in their 2nd or 3rd years in the league.
Originally posted by genz22:
Wouldn't surprise me if Niners traded up or down.

woudlnt surprise me if the niners traded up, down, or just didnt make any trades lol
I see zero chance of us moving up to take a RG

For god sakes, our entire oline would be 1st or 2nd rounders and we would never be able to afford this lineup for any length of time without killing the rest of the team.
Originally posted by rk1642:
I see zero chance of us moving up to take a RG

For god sakes, our entire oline would be 1st or 2nd rounders and we would never be able to afford this lineup for any length of time without killing the rest of the team.

so this, cant believe some ppl here would want us to give up multiple picks to trade up in the top 15 for a guard good guards can be found later on. if youre trading up that high it sure as hell better be for a playmaker not a damn guard.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
so this, cant believe some ppl here would want us to give up multiple picks to trade up in the top 15 for a guard good guards can be found later on. if youre trading up that high it sure as hell better be for a playmaker not a damn guard.

I agree. I would only trade up for a playmaker; however, look what happened in the 2007 draft where the niners traded up for Joe Staley...
Share 49ersWebzone