There are 191 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This is a Year I see the Niners Trading Up...

Most of the mocks I see on here have us trading down for an additional 2nd round pick. For the first time in awhile I see the 49ers with limited needs and lots of depth. Arguably the 49ers were the best team in football last year, if not one two players away. By adding Manningham, Moss and most likely soon to retain Teddy Ginn I feel the 49ers needs have narrowed and I see them moving up in any or multiple rounds to get their missing piece.

In regards to trade value, the 49ers could trade #30 along with their 2nd rounder to move up into the middle of the first round. If they had to add another late round pick or a pick next year so be it. I would say the Niners would move up into this area for one of the following players:

Kendall Wright WR
Michael Floyd WR
David DeCastro RG
Cordy Glen RG
Dontari Po NT
Dre Kirkpatrick CB
Trent RIchardson RB

Alot can happen between now and draft...so potential rising stars can come in and displace the top 25 everyone has now. So for one of those players to be there at #20 would'nt shock me.

My best guess: 49ers trade picks #30, #94 and #126 (plus a 3rd rounder next year) to Cinci for #21 (they have another 1st round pick) to select RG Cordy Glen
[ Edited by TonyMantana on Mar 22, 2012 at 3:42 PM ]
Wouldn't surprise me if Niners traded up or down.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyMantana:
Most of the mocks I see on here have us trading down for an additional 2nd round pick. For the first time in awhile I see the 49ers with limited needs and lots of depth. Arguably the 49ers were the best team in football last year, if not one two players away. By adding Manningham, Moss and most likely soon to retain Teddy Ginn I feel the 49ers needs have narrowed and I see them moving up in any or multiple rounds to get their missing piece.

In regards to trade value, the 49ers could trade #30 along with their 2nd rounder to move up into the middle of the first round. If they had to add another late round pick or a pick next year so be it. I would say the Niners would move up into this area for one of the following players:

Kendall Wright WR
Michael Floyd WR
David DeSantos RG
Cordy Glen RG
Dontari Po NT
Dre Kirkpatrick CB
Trent RIchardson RB

Alot can happen between now and draft...so potential rising stars can come in and displace the top 25 everyone has now. So for one of those players to be there at #20 would'nt shock me.

My best guess: 49ers trade picks #30, #94 and #126 (plus a 3rd rounder next year) to Cinci for #21 (they have another 1st round pick) to select RG Cordy Glen

at that point we might as well trade up for the to the 15th and get DeCastro.
i hope they trade down to acquire picks for depth. These players, two years from now, could have an impact for our team. This draft should be utilized for the 2014 season.

Kendall Wright WR
Michael Floyd WR
David DeSantos RG
Cordy Glen RG
Dontari Po NT
Dre Kirkpatrick CB
Trent RIchardson RB

I get the logic but I think it might go the other way and just let the draft come to them and go bpa except QB T and MLB. Who knows... but damn I cant wait to find out
Originally posted by sean610:

Kendall Wright WR
Michael Floyd WR
David DeSantos RG
Cordy Glen RG
Dontari Po NT
Dre Kirkpatrick CB
Trent RIchardson RB

I get the logic but I think it might go the other way and just let the draft come to them and go bpa except QB T and MLB. Who knows... but damn I cant wait to find out

This
I would rather trade down or trade for future draft picks unless we see people we really, really like.
If Floyd slides, it wouldn't surprise me.

We're actually in a great spot to trade down though. Teams always look to move back into the 1st.
Originally posted by strickac:
If Floyd slides, it wouldn't surprise me.

We're actually in a great spot to trade down though. Teams always look to move back into the 1st.

I agree and been saying this the whole time. Would not surprise me.
im not gonna be happy if we trade up for a guard or select one once again in the 1st rd, i want to trade up for a playmaker whether its on offense or defense. a good guard can be found in later rounds, just ask the saints
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
im not gonna be happy if we trade up for a guard or select one once again in the 1st rd, i want to trade up for a playmaker whether its on offense or defense. a good guard can be found in later rounds, just ask the saints

Like the way you think, Fred. There should be a quality OG available in the 3rd-5th round to get the job done.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Same here. We'd have an o-line of pure 1st rounders. That's a lot invested into a line. All the best lines happen to have mid round picks playing way higher than their draft stock.

I'm down to trade up for wright or floyd.
Originally posted by genz22:
Wouldn't surprise me if Niners traded up or down.

Same here... with our little amount of needs we could trade up but at the same time with what seems like WR and possibly RG as our only dire needs we can trade down and fill more depth.
I am so happy you are not the GM. You are giving up 4 draft picks to select a Guard. LOL.

You might want to look at the draft value chart next time, there is no way Baalke would give up a 3rd next year on top of a 3rd and 6th round pick to move up 9 spots, especially not for a RG.

I do agree that the Niners could trade up (although I want them to trade down for quantity in picks 40-75. I would envision giving up pick 30, 94 and the 5th to trade up to grab Floyd or Kendall Wright. Anyone else trade down.
There's an undeniable hole at RG. Trade up if Cordy Glen is available. Otherwise trade up in the second round and get a guard or center. Get Fleener at #30.