LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 151 users in the forums

Small School 3-4 DE Prospect Akiem HIcks

Caught my attention with his weigh in at the combine. 6'4'', 318 lbs and 35" arms!

As much as I don't love watching highlights to evaluate players, it's hard to find any videos on players from Regina (is that actually a school?), so this is a pretty good resource:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJWWzCm9ivk

You'll notice that he doesn't look like he's even in the same league with any of the players. He's clearly a man amongst boys, and that's what you want to see from small school prospects
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Caught my attention with his weigh in at the combine. 6'4'', 318 lbs and 35" arms!

As much as I don't love watching highlights to evaluate players, it's hard to find any videos on players from Regina (is that actually a school?), so this is a pretty good resource:

You'll notice that he doesn't look like he's even in the same league with any of the players. He's clearly a man amongst boys, and that's what you want to see from small school prospects

Yea he's from Canada, Saskatchewan to be specific. Its a university up there. He's one of the DEs I'd be really happy about drafting.
Originally posted by sfout:

Yea he's from Canada, Saskatchewan to be specific. Its a university up there. He's one of the DEs I'd be really happy about drafting.

it's hard to understand just how limited the level of competition there is, but he look exceptional against it.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

it's hard to understand just how limited the level of competition there is, but he look exceptional against it.

Right now we only actually have 4 specific roster spots that need filling
-backup C
-backup G
-Starting G
-5th WR/KR

After that everything else is purely depth / training camp competition / practice squad additions so if he is a anything later then a 4th he'd be well worth it.
so he can play OLB at 318? Sounds like my type of player. But those players on those clips look worse than high schoolers
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
so he can play OLB at 318? Sounds like my type of player. But those players on those clips look worse than high schoolers

lmao do not start those threads again.
which one is he
Originally posted by lamontb:

You want the small school prospects to make competition look that bad. They need to be significantly more dominant. But yes, youre right, the competition at Regina is probably JUCO level
Seems like he's worth a look.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
close enough to Hakeem Nicks for me, sign him.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
close enough to Hakeem Nicks for me, sign him.

Hakeem Nicks the WR? WTF are you talking about?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

It looks like he plays both right and left DE in the 3-4. He comes from Sacramento City College and was originally recruited to go to LSU. Late round flier pick or UDFA.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

It looks like he plays both right and left DE in the 3-4. He comes from Sacramento City College and was originally recruited to go to LSU. Late round flier pick or UDFA.

He's got a much higher grade than that. MD grades him out as a 5th rounder on his big board, and says he values him as late 3rd... some team could as well. Wes Bunting has him rated as the 14th DT, and has a mid-round grade on him. Several sources have pointed him out as a sleeper pick, and he was a standout at the east/west shrine game. My opinion is that if we want him, we'll have to use a 3rd or 4th on him. Incredible size and athleticism. If he'd gone to LSU he'd be in the 1st round discussion, like all their other DTs
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
which one is he

Share 49ersWebzone