LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 274 users in the forums

My Post Free Agency 1 Round Mock Draft

Thorough, thoughtful job as always. Thanks
Good post.

Totally agree on Tannehill. Browns have 2 first round picks and need a franchise QB. Their D is pretty solid. OLine not bad not great.

I feel, IMO, Hill will go to Pats.

My heart is w/Fleener and agree w/you tthat it is not a pressing need.

RG is a pressing need, probably in the 2nd.

Good draft
What safety position does Harrison Smith play? I think the Niners could be targeting him to replace Goldson. And that Tannehill in the top 4 is still crazy.
  • dj43
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
if Fleener is on the board when we pick

no wai harbaugh passes on that

lol

half of the zone is going to cry when we pass on him

...and the other half will rejoice in the fact we get a guy who can become a legit #1 WR.

I would be fine with Fleener as because I believe Gronkowski monster year along with what Jimmy Graham has done, heralds the entrance of the tall receiver who can win the arial battles over smaller DBs. With the rule changes to protect "defenseless receivers," receivers are no longer frightened of extending the arms and exposing the ribs to punishing hits. That makes Fleener a threat for whoever gets him.
Originally posted by lamontb:
What safety position does Harrison Smith play? I think the Niners could be targeting him to replace Goldson. And that Tannehill in the top 4 is still crazy.

He can play both, he played FS and SS at Notre Dame at times.
I think Tannehil at 4 is early especially with Cleveland having 2 1's and most other teams addressing the QB position thru free agency. I also believe Richardson goes earlier then #17. I do think if he falls out of the top 10, the Begals will move up a few spots to nab him. I know how well prepared you are for this draft, overall good job man
[ Edited by davidboutte on Mar 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by ishkabibel:

Thanks, appreciate it.

Originally posted by davidboutte:
I think Tannehil at 4 is early especially with Cleveland having 2 1's and most other teams addressing the QB position thru free agency. I also believe Richardson goes earlier then #17. I do think if he falls out of the top 10, the Begals will move up a few spots to nab him. I know how well prepared you are for this draft, overall good job man

Thanks man, I just couldn't find a spot for Richardson in the top 15. Maybe 5 to Tampa, but it think its high for a RB.
I think Miami is the only team that targets tannehill if browns pass on him. There is much better talent at 4 and 8 so I truly think Cleveland takes the risk and does land tannehill at 22
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by lamontb:

He can play both, he played FS and SS at Notre Dame at times.

I really want Smith but I think he gets over drafted because of the crappy class this year
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by ishkabibel:

Thanks, appreciate it.

Originally posted by davidboutte:

Thanks man, I just couldn't find a spot for Richardson in the top 15. Maybe 5 to Tampa, but it think its high for a RB.

I actually have Cleveland taking Trent Richardson at 4, don't see who else will take Tannehill now after free agency. Tannehill could still be there at 22

I hope CLE take Blackmon at 4. I would if I was them. Then I'd grab an OL or Pass rusher at 22 and grab a RB or Weeden in the 2nd & let him duel it out with Colt. That connection could be very valuable imo. That team has holes everywhere and a boat load of picks. No sense in overdrafting a QB for the sake of it. Go BPA and start building a team.

I'm not buying into the S.Hill hype either. He's too raw and will take time to develop. Amazing tools but we're in a postion to win it all right now. Fleener is someone we should target as we need a big body in the redzone that will create mismatches by just being on the field. You know Jim loves heavy sets and running the rock. Fleener makes more sense in that regard.

That said I trust these guys in the draft. Whoever they pick will be the best player for this team and the best team player.
Share 49ersWebzone