So free agency has kicked into gear with the last week, and the big names have signed, now I felt it's a good time to reveal my 1 Round Post Free Agency Mock Draft.
1. IND- QB Andrew Luck, Stanford – Obvious choice here, the Colts need their franchise QB, and Luck is just that.
2. WAS- QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor – No guessing here, they traded 2 future 1st-round picks, plus their 2012 2nd-round pick to get Luck or Griffin.
3. MIN- OT Matt Kalil, USC – Vikings need to protect their 2011 1st-round pick, Christian Ponder, so what better way than getting the top OT in the draft.
4. CLE- QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M – Surprise here, but after not getting Flynn, and not even thinking about Peyton Manning, the Browns get what they hope is their franchise QB in Tannehill.
5. TB- CB Morris Claiborne, LSU – Tampa has added some nice pieces this offseason, Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks and Eric Wright, so they go back to CB and add the best one in Claiborne.
6. STL- WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State – The Rams are thrilled Blackmon lasts this long, and snatch him up to be their #1 WR.
7. JAC- DE Quinton Coples, North Carolina – The Jags are in need of pas rushing help, so Coples, who is my top pass rusher, makes sense here.
8. MIA- OT Riley Reiff, Iowa – Miami after not getting Flynn or Manning, and not being able to land Tannehill, they decide to go with the best Tackle left.
9. CAR- DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina – Ingram gives Carolina what they lost when Julius Peppers departed for Chicago, a legit pass rushing threat.
10. BUF- OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford – The Bills probably made the biggest splash by getting Mario Williams, so lets mark off DE as a need, and go with another one, as They likely lose/won't bring back Demetrius Bell.
11. KC- OG David DeCastro, Stanford – After seeing the top 3 Tackles go before their pick, the Chiefs get another need, at Guard, and who better than DeCastro.
12. SEA- CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama – After getting Mat Flynn, plus addressing the DL with re-siging Red Bryant and acquiring Jason Jones, the Seahawks add a premier CB in Kirkpatrick.
13. ARI- ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College – The Cardinals are keeping Kevin Kolb and have locked up Levi Brown, so no need a OT anymore, so Kuechly makes sense, they will need a legit ILB for the future.
14. DAL- OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama – Dallas has already added a top flight CB in Brandon Carr, and added ILB Dan Connor, so they go with another pass rusher in Upshaw.
15. PHI- S Mark Barron, Alabama – After missing out on LaRon Landry, who signed with the Jets, and missing out on Kuechly, the Eagles go with a surprise and select Barron at 15.
16. NYJ- WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame – The Jets are likely to not bring back Plaxico Burress, so they add my 2nd best WR in Michael Floyd to their arsenal.
17. CIN- RB Trent Richardson, Alabama – The Bengals are ecstatic that Ruchardson is still on the board, and with the need there the Bengals take the best RB on the board and in the draft.
18. SD- NT Dontari Poe, Memphis – San Diego has a need inside for a big boy, and they decide Poe is the guy they need.
19. CHI- DT Michael Brockers, LSU – The Bear released Anthony Adams, and are in need of a big DT, and decide Brockers is the best player left, and at a need.
20. TEN- DT Devon Still, Penn State – While pursuing Peyton Manning, They lost Jason Jones, so they need a DT and Still will fit nicely.
21. CIN- OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia – The Bengals need a OG, and Glenn is one of the best in the draft, and they take him here.
22. CLE- WR Kendall Wright, Baylor – After getting their QB, the Browns go back at it and add a top WR in Kendall Wright.
23. DET- CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama – After losing Eric Wright, and not doing much else in free agency, the Lions go with my 3rd best CB in Jenkins.
24. PIT- ILB Don't'a Hightower, Alabama – While the whole Mike Wallace situation is up in the air, the Steelers take one of the best players on the board, in Hightower.
25. DEN- DT Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State – With the future of Brodrick Bunkley in doubt, the Broncos take Cox to shore up their line.
26. HOU- OLB Nick Perry, USC – After losing Mario Williams, the Texans need a replacement, so Perry fits the script.
27. NE- OLB Whitney Mercilus, Illinois – The Patriots are in need of youth at Linebacker, so Mercilus fits into what they do.
28. GB- C Peter Konz, Wisconsin – After losing Scott Wells, the Packers need a new Center, and Konz is the best, and they grab him.
29. BAL- S Harrison Smith, Notre Dame – Baltimore needs a replacement to Ed Reed when the time comes, so why not do it now and have him study under Reed.
30. SF- WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech – Even with the additions of Randy Moss and Mario Manningham, the 49ers stil need a WR, and Hill has the size and speed to be a good one.
31. NE- CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina – The Patriots need a CB, and to me Gilmore is the best left.
32. NYG- TE Coby Fleener, Stanford – The Giants need a true top TE, and Fleener is the best in the draft.