There are 230 users in the forums

My Post Free Agency 1 Round Mock Draft

So free agency has kicked into gear with the last week, and the big names have signed, now I felt it's a good time to reveal my 1 Round Post Free Agency Mock Draft.

1. IND- QB Andrew Luck, Stanford – Obvious choice here, the Colts need their franchise QB, and Luck is just that.

2. WAS- QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor – No guessing here, they traded 2 future 1st-round picks, plus their 2012 2nd-round pick to get Luck or Griffin.

3. MIN- OT Matt Kalil, USC – Vikings need to protect their 2011 1st-round pick, Christian Ponder, so what better way than getting the top OT in the draft.

4. CLE- QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M – Surprise here, but after not getting Flynn, and not even thinking about Peyton Manning, the Browns get what they hope is their franchise QB in Tannehill.

5. TB- CB Morris Claiborne, LSU – Tampa has added some nice pieces this offseason, Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks and Eric Wright, so they go back to CB and add the best one in Claiborne.

6. STL- WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State – The Rams are thrilled Blackmon lasts this long, and snatch him up to be their #1 WR.

7. JAC- DE Quinton Coples, North Carolina – The Jags are in need of pas rushing help, so Coples, who is my top pass rusher, makes sense here.

8. MIA- OT Riley Reiff, Iowa – Miami after not getting Flynn or Manning, and not being able to land Tannehill, they decide to go with the best Tackle left.

9. CAR- DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina – Ingram gives Carolina what they lost when Julius Peppers departed for Chicago, a legit pass rushing threat.

10. BUF- OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford – The Bills probably made the biggest splash by getting Mario Williams, so lets mark off DE as a need, and go with another one, as They likely lose/won't bring back Demetrius Bell.

11. KC- OG David DeCastro, Stanford – After seeing the top 3 Tackles go before their pick, the Chiefs get another need, at Guard, and who better than DeCastro.

12. SEA- CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama – After getting Mat Flynn, plus addressing the DL with re-siging Red Bryant and acquiring Jason Jones, the Seahawks add a premier CB in Kirkpatrick.

13. ARI- ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College – The Cardinals are keeping Kevin Kolb and have locked up Levi Brown, so no need a OT anymore, so Kuechly makes sense, they will need a legit ILB for the future.

14. DAL- OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama – Dallas has already added a top flight CB in Brandon Carr, and added ILB Dan Connor, so they go with another pass rusher in Upshaw.

15. PHI- S Mark Barron, Alabama – After missing out on LaRon Landry, who signed with the Jets, and missing out on Kuechly, the Eagles go with a surprise and select Barron at 15.

16. NYJ- WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame – The Jets are likely to not bring back Plaxico Burress, so they add my 2nd best WR in Michael Floyd to their arsenal.

17. CIN- RB Trent Richardson, Alabama – The Bengals are ecstatic that Ruchardson is still on the board, and with the need there the Bengals take the best RB on the board and in the draft.

18. SD- NT Dontari Poe, Memphis – San Diego has a need inside for a big boy, and they decide Poe is the guy they need.

19. CHI- DT Michael Brockers, LSU – The Bear released Anthony Adams, and are in need of a big DT, and decide Brockers is the best player left, and at a need.

20. TEN- DT Devon Still, Penn State – While pursuing Peyton Manning, They lost Jason Jones, so they need a DT and Still will fit nicely.

21. CIN- OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia – The Bengals need a OG, and Glenn is one of the best in the draft, and they take him here.

22. CLE- WR Kendall Wright, Baylor – After getting their QB, the Browns go back at it and add a top WR in Kendall Wright.

23. DET- CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama – After losing Eric Wright, and not doing much else in free agency, the Lions go with my 3rd best CB in Jenkins.

24. PIT- ILB Don't'a Hightower, Alabama – While the whole Mike Wallace situation is up in the air, the Steelers take one of the best players on the board, in Hightower.

25. DEN- DT Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State – With the future of Brodrick Bunkley in doubt, the Broncos take Cox to shore up their line.

26. HOU- OLB Nick Perry, USC – After losing Mario Williams, the Texans need a replacement, so Perry fits the script.

27. NE- OLB Whitney Mercilus, Illinois – The Patriots are in need of youth at Linebacker, so Mercilus fits into what they do.

28. GB- C Peter Konz, Wisconsin – After losing Scott Wells, the Packers need a new Center, and Konz is the best, and they grab him.

29. BAL- S Harrison Smith, Notre Dame – Baltimore needs a replacement to Ed Reed when the time comes, so why not do it now and have him study under Reed.

30. SF- WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech – Even with the additions of Randy Moss and Mario Manningham, the 49ers stil need a WR, and Hill has the size and speed to be a good one.

31. NE- CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina – The Patriots need a CB, and to me Gilmore is the best left.

32. NYG- TE Coby Fleener, Stanford – The Giants need a true top TE, and Fleener is the best in the draft.
if Fleener is on the board when we pick

no wai harbaugh passes on that
4. CLE- QB Ryan Tannehill

too rich for my taste Jason
Originally posted by ads_2006:

lol

half of the zone is going to cry when we pass on him
HILL!!!!!!!!!!! Love it AB. Hope it works out that way.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I agree it's high, probably too high, but Cleveland has no viable QB of the future and in their eyes Tannehill is that QB. It's either Cleveland takes him at 4 or Miami at 8, only two teams left with needs at QB long term wise.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I agree it's high, probably too high, but Cleveland has no viable QB of the future and in their eyes Tannehill is that QB. It's either Cleveland takes him at 4 or Miami at 8, only two teams left with needs at QB long term wise.

I cant see any QB being good in Cle without a WR and RB. If he falls past Mia they can get him with that later pick.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Fleener isnt a need pick. We have 2 very capable TEs in Vernon and Delanie. WR is a much higher need. I could see if Hill is gone, or there is no one else we like than I guess Fleener is the guy. But I hate taking a player where we are loaded. And I know Delanie is unsigned after 2012, but he shouldn't be hard to retain. I would talk extension asap with him and Bowman, but I think Bowman will wanna wait it out.

I cant see any QB being good in Cle without a WR and RB. If he falls past Mia they can get him with that later pick.

Agreed. Heck I don't recommed the pick, but knowing the Browns, they will pull the trigger on Tannehill. They are better off IMO drafting Blackmon at 4, draft a OL like Glenn at 22 If available, or Konz. Then in rd 2 pick up Kirk Cousins.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I would love Hill if it happens this way, and of course trades are the norm on draft day, so everything will be wacked out. I can see a team trading into rd 1 to get a guy like Weeden.

And those RBs like Miller, Wilson, James and Martin are all nice options at end of round 1 for a team looking to jump in.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up trading back if we don't like anyone at 30, which would make for a long wait till day 2.

Agreed. Heck I don't recommed the pick, but knowing the Browns, they will pull the trigger on Tannehill. They are better off IMO drafting Blackmon at 4, draft a OL like Glenn at 22 If available, or Konz. Then in rd 2 pick up Kirk Cousins.

I have them at Blackmon and the best OT on the board at 22. Hell if he is there at 22 he could fall to the 2nd. I am hoping they trade back into the first to cock block Miami from making a move for him....hopefully at 30.
NOOOO WAYY IN HELLLL RICHARDSON FALLS TO 17..they have absolutely noo runnning game and Trent Richardson is one of the best Rbs to come out in a while, just like Luck is one of the best QBs to come out in a while. CLeveland will take Richardson and then Kendall Hunter. Rich is the BPA at #4 according to their needs and they would be foolish to let him go by, he'd instantly make the team better, ohh and this just happend a few minutes ago,

Eagles acquire Ryan for draft pick..... PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles made a big move to bolster the middle of their defense, acquiring two-time Pro Bowl linebacker DeMeco Ryans from the Houston Texans for a fourth-round draft pick in 2012.

TIme to edit, lol. thats the one thing I hate about this free agency period its soo spontanoius somedays, i bet you spent alot of time on this mock and then teams sign someone unexpectedly. good luck tho. Otther than the richardson thing, I can live with the rest
Didn't harbaugh pass on some of his guys last year?

Won't make same mistake twice
Cleveland needs a RB BADDDD! They lost Hillis and have a group of RB's that wouldn't even make it on any other teams rosters. They will take Richardson if he's still available.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I would love Hill if it happens this way, and of course trades are the norm on draft day, so everything will be wacked out. I can see a team trading into rd 1 to get a guy like Weeden.

And those RBs like Miller, Wilson, James and Martin are all nice options at end of round 1 for a team looking to jump in.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up trading back if we don't like anyone at 30, which would make for a long wait till day 2.

I would love the Hill pick too. My reservation is that I don't see the Niners throwing the ball enough to keep Hill, Moss, Crabttree, and Manningham happy. Who starts? I think a first round selection should see a majority of plays. At least in the first year, Fleener as the #2 TE might see more action than Hill. What might trump either Hill or Fleener would be a guard or center. Trading up for Konz and Glenn might be in Baalke's plans. The Niners will have few holes to fill in this draft and sacrificing a round or two to move up might be sensible. Picking Konz would have the benefit of moving Goodwin to RG to help anchor Anthony Davis. We just don't know if Harbaugh believes either Kilgore or Boone are ready to start.
Share 49ersWebzone