There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Most likely to be drafted @ #30 so who would you draft?

Most likely to be drafted @ #30 so who would you draft?

One of these will be drafted by the niners mark my words!

26. Dre KirkpatrickCBAlabamaRangy cover guy who is also extremely physical and aggressive.
27. Jonathan MartinOTStanfordFinesse left tackle with all of the tools but must be more physical.
28. Whitney MercilusDEIllinoisProductive sack artist but is not exceptionally fluid or explosive.
29. Kevin ZeitlerOGWisconsinLimited athletically but possesses terrific size and top intangibles.
30. Nick PerryDEUSCA bit of a DE / OLB 'tweener but is explosive rushing off the edge.
32. Peter KonzCWisconsinTotal package and the rare center who carries a 1st Round grade.
wont draft Martin
Zeitler is a bit of a reach
Where's Fleener?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Kirkpatrick is top 15, even with his drug charge being dropped no way he falls 15+ spots to us when half the teams in the 20s need DBs. Not to mention we have our top 3 CBs returning and signed Perrish Cox more then likely as our 4th cb/KR
Perry will not be drafted by us. mark my words. We just drafted Aldon last year and inked Brooks to a new deal, we need depth not starting OLBs.
Same reason for Mercilus
Martin is also a top 15, and will not fall 15+ spots to us because he is the best Tackle in the draft behind Kahlil, same for DeCastro the best Guard in the draft.
same reason for Gilmore, why would we draft a CB in #1 when we have our top 3 CBs returning and signed a #4CB/KR?

Seriously the only 2 options you wrote that are in anyway likely are Peter Konz and Kevin Zeitler, also not having Stephen Hill, Kendall Wright, or Coby Fleener on this list when they are far more realistic then basically your entire list is hilarious.
Originally posted by sfout:
Kirkpatrick is top 15, even with his drug charge being dropped no way he falls 15+ spots to us when half the teams in the 20s need DBs. Not to mention we have our top 3 CBs returning and signed Perrish Cox more then likely as our 4th cb/KR
Perry will not be drafted by us. mark my words. We just drafted Aldon last year and inked Brooks to a new deal, we need depth not starting OLBs.
Same reason for Mercilus
Martin is also a top 15, and will not fall 15+ spots to us because he is the best Tackle in the draft behind Kahlil, same for DeCastro the best Guard in the draft.
same reason for Gilmore, why would we draft a CB in #1 when we have our top 3 CBs returning and signed a #4CB/KR?

Seriously the only 2 options you wrote that are in anyway likely are Peter Konz and Kevin Zeitler, also not having Stephen Hill, Kendall Wright, or Coby Fleener on this list when they are far more realistic then basically your entire list is hilarious.

Agree
Ill pick:

D. None of the above
Konz makes a lot of sense and he fills our biggest need on the team. Plus he's versitile like Snyder. But I don't see him lasting until #30. We might have to leap from Brother Jim in Baltimore to land Konz tho.
The only guarenteees are Death & Taxes.

Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois
Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
Nick Perry DE USCA
Peter Konz C Wisconsin
Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
Sorry about that. Having Compure challenges.

Kirkpatrick, Martin,m Perry - won't be there

Mercilus, Koonz - outside but fair chance to still be on the board

Zietler - 30 is too early

Gilmore - possible but ouyr secondary is looking soild for now

You didn't put Fleener, Hill on your list.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Where's Fleener?

This. If the 49ers sign Manning, then I'm even MORE on the Fleener bandwagon. At that point WR becomes less crucial and a formation with Moss and Crabtree at WR, VD and Fleener at TE, Gore at RB and Manning at QB would be a nightmare to defend for defensive coordinator's around the NFL. You have one deep threat WR, one physical, tough possession WR, a deep threat TE and a monster of a target going down the middle at 6'6" with great hands and route-running.

If I were a fan of an opposing team, I would cry.
None of the above!

Because you draft Stephen Hill at #30
Originally posted by sfout:
Same reason for Mercilus

this