OK. Made some big changes. With Holmgren coming out and saying McCoy is the quarterback for 2012, they go with Trent Richardson. That sets off a wave of changes, followed by Blackmon going to Tampa for an all-world WR Corps that will make Freeman a pro bowler. At the end of the First Round, John Harbaugh ends up taking Fleener in Baltimore, so Konz lands in our plate at #30.
1. Indianapolis (2-14) - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - No explanation needed.
2. Washington - from St. Louis (2-14) - Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor - No explanation needed.
3. Minnesota (3-13) - Matt Kalil, OT, USC - No explanation needed
4. Cleveland (4-12) - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama - Holmgren has committed to McCoy at QB, refuses to take WRs this high, and Richardson is the best RB prospect in a while (also Hillis is gone). They could go with Claiborne, but the cost to keep him and Haden long-term is very, very high.
5. Tampa Bay (4-12) - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State - I don't know why people don't see it: Jackson, Blackmon, Williams, Benn? Damn bro. Freemen is going to look awesome. Another way to look at it is that since V-Jax is 30, they shouldn't have a problem keeping him and Blackmon together long-term -- V-Jax won't get another big contract at 35, and could lose a step between then and now. Also, everyone says they're going BPA, and Blackmon is BPA
6. St. Louis - from Washington (5-11) - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU - More and more mock drafts have this as the pick. Fisher is a defensive backs coach by pedigree, and the Rams secondary is terrible. Furthermore, with picks #33 and #39, they can get excellent value at WR and OT. Claiborne is also BPA.
7. Jacksonville (5-11) - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa - Gotta keep Henne and Gabbert upright. Already signed a WR in FA.
8. Miami (6-10) - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M. Reuinited with Sherman -- assumes that Flynn signs with Seattle or somewhere else.
9. Carolina (6-10) - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis - Rivera gets a beast to clog up the middle and dominate...if he can get the effort out of him.
10. Buffalo (6-10) - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - With Mario williams signed, Fitzpatrick gets a second Stud WR on the outside.
11. Kansas City (7-9) - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford - good value here for Pioli.
12. Seattle (7-9) - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina - Big pass-rusher
13. Arizona (8-8) - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
14. Dallas (8-8) - David DeCastro, G, Stanford - Grrr, Cowboys sign one of my favorite players.
15. Philadelphia (8-8) - Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College - Philly would rather take a MLB in the 2nd or 3rd round, but Free Agency hasn't netted them a MLB, so they need somebody that can start as a rookie
16. New York Jets (8-8) - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama - Upgrade at pass-rush, too early for WR Kendall Wright.
17. Cincinnati - from Oakland (8-8) - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama - big need for Cincy
18. San Diego (8-8) - Mark Barron, SS, Alabama - big need for them. Too soon for an OT
19. Chicago (8-8) - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State - huge steal for The Chicago Bears here. WR needs met with Marshall trade
20. Tennessee (9-7) - Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama - Replaces Finnegan
21. Cincinnati* (9-7) - Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia - Nice RG pickup.
22. Cleveland - from Atlanta* (10-6) - Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech - great potential for Mcccoy
23. Detroit* (10-6) - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech - need a running game
24. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama - a very steeler move
25. Denver* (8-8) - Devon Still, DT, Penn State - big body up front. Interior DL is much weaker than the edge rushers
26. Houston* (10-6) - Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois - Replacement for Mario Williams
27. New England - from New Orleans* (13-3) - Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC - Pass rush need
28. Green Bay* (15-1) - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina - Packers freshen up the secondary
29. Baltimore* (12-4) - Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - John scouted his brother's old team, land a weapon at Tight end after seeing what the Pats did to them in the Champtionsip game.
30. San Francisco* (13-3) - Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin - Starts at Guard as a rookie, slides over to Center later on...or he beats Goodwin for a job outright (unlikely).
31. New England* (13-3) - Michael Brockers, DE/DT, LSU - a Second man up front!
32. New York Giants* (9-7) - Kendall Wright, WR/KR, Baylor - Replacement for Manningham.