LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Trading #30

I really don't think we'll end up picking at 30, most of the guys we want are probably gonna be off the board and the rest are a reach at 30 and more 2nd round guys and only falling to us because they had a decent combine but as most people you cannot decide your pick on combine alone.

We also seem to be handling our biggest weaknesses in FA with the likes of Moss, and possibly Lloyd and Schillens which will give us a great WR core and at Cb we got Cox, Rogers coming back and going for Carr or Wright to go along with Brown and Brock.

So what do people think we might do with it and why? Will we trade up, trade down or trade for a 1st next year or just simply pick BPA at 30.
if we pick up lloyd and chillens i think we will trade up for a G ot take fleener

we have soolid depth across the board
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
if we pick up lloyd and chillens i think we will trade up for a G ot take fleener

trade up for Decastro
if we sign lloyd does that push crabs to #3? how will he feel about that, we know he is already a diva. he looked like he was just possibly starting to put that behind him.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
if we sign lloyd does that push crabs to #3? how will he feel about that, we know he is already a diva. he looked like he was just possibly starting to put that behind him.

Lloyd would split time with Moss at FL and play in the slot. Crabtree is full-time SE
And Crabtree isn't a diva.
maybe add depth to the Dline and Oline by trading back
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Or Konz.
Agree we seem to be addressing our immediate needs in FA.

We still need 2 maybe 3 WR, RG. I don't thinnk we go Lloyd - just my gut feeling.

These guys, Baalke/JH, are real smart. Just like chess - tthey are 2-3 move ahead. So, trading #30 is not out of the question.

I think they pick a WR in draft that is similar to Moss for the coaches to groom. This person will also fit right into the scheme they develop with Moss. I think Moss has something he wants to prove. Whether it's his legacy on how he wants to be remembered, the terrible way he went out last tiime or the SBowl ring - who knows.

I think it's how FA shakes out and if Kilgor/Pearson are ready or close to starting calibre.

I still like Fleener BUT these guys tend to do what is not expected and come out on top.

It will be very interesting.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Or Konz.

konz is a player we would have to trade up for

also other options are cory glenn

i really dont see us getting decastro he will go top 12

Can't see us trading up for another top tier guard.
If Kilgore or person are ready then I think one will start and they'll lock him up to a cheap long term deal.

Think we go a top wr ( even trading up for wright) and then bring in a heap of UDFA'S wr/kr/pr to fight it out

Its pretty hard to predict what this front office will do , so unpredictable and tight mouthed . Love it
Time for training camp yet?
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Can't see us trading up for another top tier guard.
If Kilgore or person are ready then I think one will start and they'll lock him up to a cheap long term deal.

Think we go a top wr ( even trading up for wright) and then bring in a heap of UDFA'S wr/kr/pr to fight it out

Its pretty hard to predict what this front office will do , so unpredictable and tight mouthed . Love it
Time for training camp yet?

Only if hill is gone.
Mike is worth this first!
Share 49ersWebzone