There are 177 users in the forums

Top 10 CBs

Alright guys, lets rank another position Niners are likely to take a look at. People's top 3 will likely be the same, and likely all 3 will be gone by our first pick.

1. Morris Claibourne
2. Dre Kirpatrick
3. Janoris Jenkins
4. Chase Minnifield
5. Stephen Gilmore
6. Alfonzo Dennard
7. Brandon Boykin
8. Casey Hayward
9. Leonard Johnson
10. Trumaine Johnson
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Alright guys, lets rank another position Niners are likely to take a look at. People's top 3 will likely be the same, and likely all 3 will be gone by our first pick.

1. Morris Claibourne
2. Dre Kirpatrick
3. Janoris Jenkins
4. Chase Minnifield
5. Stephen Gilmore
6. Alfonzo Dennard
7. Brandon Boykin
8. Casey Hayward
9. Leonard Johnson
10. Trumaine Johnson

agree with your top five
I'd swap Minnifield and Gilmore, add Josh Robinson and remove Leonard Johnson entirely from an CB list after running a 4.71 and looking pretty bad in the combine drills. There's also a case to be made for a guy like Dwight Bentley moving past a guy like Trumaine Johnson.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'd swap Minnifield and Gilmore, add Josh Robinson and remove Leonard Johnson entirely from an CB list after running a 4.71 and looking pretty bad in the combine drills. There's also a case to be made for a guy like Dwight Bentley moving past a guy like Trumaine Johnson.

Minnifield - I'm a huge fan of the guy. I know Gilmore has better size, but IMO Minnifield is actually better at playing physical and better at coverage

Leonard Johnson - Most likely will be taken off my list, I haven't factored in combines yet. My rankings were just based on what I saw. A number of CBs are unranked meaning I need to see more before I rank them that will bump Leonard off.

Trumaine Johnson - despite the hype, not the biggest fan of him, seems lil sluggish

Josh Robinson - an example of a guy I currently have unranked, along with Donnie Fletcher, Shuan Prater, Hosley, and Conroy Black. All guys I like, but I want to try and watch more of them before incorporating them.

Top 8 I feel VERY confident will remain unchanged. 9 and 10 will likely get bumped out by guys on my watch list.
Some fans were saying Johnson might end up at FS.

Anyways, won't do a big board but rather guys I hope 49ers target. If they aren't on the board I wouldn't want to pick them.

30:
Janoris Jenkins

If we trade down to early/mid/late 2nd and Fleener/Hill/Wright/Konz/Glenn/Criner and maybe even Zeitler are gone: (Just not huge fans of these guys and the value)
Chase Minnifield, Stephon Gilmore, Alfonzo Dennard

62:
Casey Hayward, Jayron Hosely, Brandon Boykin, Trumaine johnson, Josh Robinson

Later:
Shaun Prater, Omar Bolden, Cliff Harris

Edit: With Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock and Holcomb odds are we aren't taking a CB or at least not until late. Fun discussion but somewhat moot.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM ]
Two guys I also like are Jamell Fleming from Oklahoma and the underrated Coryell Judie from Texas A&M.
Fun discussion but somewhat moot.
1. Janoris Jenkins
2. Morris Claiborne
3. Casey Hayward( really like this kid)
4. Brandon Boykin (This is probably the niners 2 nd round target due to his versatility and the fact we still need a returner)
5. Chase Minnifield
6. Jayron Hosely
7. Dre Kirkpatrick ( no I didn't forget about him, just don't think he's that good and I think he falls out of the first.)
8. Alfonso Denard
Doesn't matter because we won't be drafting a single one of them
i think Minnifield is more of a cover 2 corner not sure he would fit with the Niners who play a lot of man.

3rd rounder i would love to snag Fleming or Hosely

Share 49ersWebzone