LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Queretano's 1.0 mock draft

Before FA starts next tuesday and not considering roster changes, this would be one good scenary for us

1(30) Stephon Gilmore CB South Car
Has good physical tools. He has tremendous height for a corner (6'1), solid bulk, and good speed for his size. He also has good strength. However, he isn't the most fluid athlete changing directions, and he takes a while to reach top speed, which can occasionally hurt him on the deep ball when he is trying to recover, is excellent in man coverage. He displays ideal route recognition skills, and he uses his strength and physicality to dominate in press man coverage. He also uses his hands well to prevent separation and reroute receivers in press coverage. SEC quarterbacks rarely look his way in man coverage, natural in zone coverage. He is one of the most instinctive corners I've ever seen. He is a natural at reading the quarterback's eyes, he has a sixth sense of knowing what receivers if any are running through his zone even if he is staring at the quarterback (probably just great peripheral vision), and he is always in position to make a play on the receiver. He is also disciplined in coverage, also has great instincts and knowledge of the game. He isn't fooled by play actions or trick plays, he has ideal discipline in coverage allowing him to be there to make a play, and he has a nose for the football.
2(62) Kendall Reyes DT/DE Connectitut
Good size and athletic ability, including quick first step off the line of scrimmage and good short-area burst, can eat up blockers and push and penetrate the pocket, can slip through gaps and work his way into the backfield, strong lower body, flashes good hand play and a quick punch, strong hands to jolt.
3(94) Marvin Jones WR Cal
Solid all-around receiver with adequate size and speed; also runs nice routes and is a very good blocker.
4(126) Robert Turbin RB Utah State
Powerfully built back with much better acceleration and natural running skills than you'd expect given his size.
5(158) Brandon Lindsey DE/OLB Pitt
A good athlete with a compact frame who knows how to get after the quarterback in a number of ways, but isn't dynamic in any area.
6(190) Senio Kelemete OG Wash
Aggressive run blocker still learning the position, gifted athlete with a strong base, strong hands and a passion for the game:-) .
7(222) Chris Owusu WR Stanford
Health issues, but worth the risk, big play reciever and kick returner.
i like it
you need to space out your picks brah
'build for the future' draft. not sexy, but effective.

Still we'd need to make a splash in FA at WR.
Our first and last picks are the same...

I'd be okay with this.
i dont see Turbin dropping to the 4th or Kelemete that low either.
looks good
I like it... I had Turbin and Owusu in the same spots on my mock.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

kelemete isnt a fit for niners blocking scheme, from what i read...he is a zone blcoker and niners scheme calls for mostly man on man blocking schemes
don't think Chris Owusu is going to last until the 7th round, or the 6th he might be gone in the 5th.

Yeahh Turbin is a solid 3rd now, maybe even a late 2nd depending on who has the pick.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
don't think Chris Owusu is going to last until the 7th round, or the 6th he might be gone in the 5th.

firstly hi all, been reading for a while finally got around to making an account .

Back to the post....
It really depends on the health issues, teams take concussions pretty seriously. But for a 7th it would be worth it not too sure I'd risk a 5th

Yeahh Turbin is a solid 3rd now, maybe even a late 2nd depending on who has the pick.
Share 49ersWebzone