There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My first 1st Round Mock Draft

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Tannehill won't make it past #8, unless MIA signs Flynn or Manning (I doubt it). SEA and KC would both draft Tannehill.

tannehill can not start next year he isnt ready

on top of that browns dont have any WRs either

they wont take tannehil as they have no1 to a team will nly take him if they have a qb in place

i ahree they may take him but as of now i just think it would be a dumb move
Who passes on picking a QB just because you dont have proven WRs? Isnt that sort of self defeating and/or asinine? They picked Little in the 2nd last year and despite drops had decent numbers for a verrrrry raw rookie and there are a slew of FA WRs available. Tannehill isnt a bad idea at all at #4. With the lower salaries now, you saw Locker and Ponder both go a lot higher than they may have in years past. No difference here.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Cle wont pass on Blackmon, they have nothing..I repeat nothing at WR that looks like a #1 guy.

Blackmon isnt worth it at 4. Dont let it being a down year as far as elite WR talent trick you into reaching for a guy who'd have been the #3 WR selected last year at #4. Whats more valuable, a QB or a WR? A good QB can be successful throwing to s**tty WRs and making them look better than they are, happens all the time. Plus they invested a second in Little last year, who despite missing his Junior year put up pretty decent numbers despite the drops and the awful awareness of McCoy.
Originally posted by 49ergenius:
Who passes on picking a QB just because you dont have proven WRs? Isnt that sort of self defeating and/or asinine? They picked Little in the 2nd last year and despite drops had decent numbers for a verrrrry raw rookie and there are a slew of FA WRs available. Tannehill isnt a bad idea at all at #4. With the lower salaries now, you saw Locker and Ponder both go a lot higher than they may have in years past. No difference here.

tannehill is a huge reach they dont have a WR an a great prospect is on the board where 2 QBs have gone and a late forst to early second qb prospect is there

youre reaching like 20 spots when an elite prospect at a position of need is sitting right there
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ergenius:
Who passes on picking a QB just because you dont have proven WRs? Isnt that sort of self defeating and/or asinine? They picked Little in the 2nd last year and despite drops had decent numbers for a verrrrry raw rookie and there are a slew of FA WRs available. Tannehill isnt a bad idea at all at #4. With the lower salaries now, you saw Locker and Ponder both go a lot higher than they may have in years past. No difference here.

tannehill is a huge reach they dont have a WR an a great prospect is on the board where 2 QBs have gone and a late forst to early second qb prospect is there

youre reaching like 20 spots when an elite prospect at a position of need is sitting right there

Again, who's throwing him the ball? QBs more often make the WR rather than a WR making a QB successful.

And Blackmon, again, isnt that elite. There are no elite WRs this year. A lot even argue that Kendall Wright is as good a prospect as Blackmon. Look, I agree that Tannehill is a reach but, like I proved, Locker and Ponder and Gabbert were as well, no? Better to reach for a QB than a WR. WR isnt running your offense.
[ Edited by 49ergenius on Mar 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM ]
Yeah I can't see the niners passing on Brockers right there.
Originally posted by 49ergenius:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Cle wont pass on Blackmon, they have nothing..I repeat nothing at WR that looks like a #1 guy.

Blackmon isnt worth it at 4. Dont let it being a down year as far as elite WR talent trick you into reaching for a guy who'd have been the #3 WR selected last year at #4. Whats more valuable, a QB or a WR? A good QB can be successful throwing to s**tty WRs and making them look better than they are, happens all the time. Plus they invested a second in Little last year, who despite missing his Junior year put up pretty decent numbers despite the drops and the awful awareness of McCoy.

The value of Blackmon compared to Tannehill is massive. Blackmon is the #1 prospect at his position and has been all year, Tannehill is nowhere near close to his competition. If you think reaching for Tannehill at 4 is smarter then drafting Blackmon at 4 then thank god you aren't the GM. He shouldnt even be drafted in the first round unless a team trades back into the 1st for him.
Originally posted by 49ergenius:
Again, who's throwing him the ball? QBs more often make the WR rather than a WR making a QB successful.

And Blackmon, again, isnt that elite. There are no elite WRs this year. A lot even argue that Kendall Wright is as good a prospect as Blackmon. Look, I agree that Tannehill is a reach but, like I proved, Locker and Ponder and Gabbert were as well, no? Better to reach for a QB than a WR. WR isnt running your offense.

no way all 3 of those qb prospects were better than tennehill coming into draft
and i agree blackmon isnt eite prospect but he is the best this class (i think floyd is actually) on many team board
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Cle wont pass on Blackmon, they have nothing..I repeat nothing at WR that looks like a #1 guy.

I had CLE taking Blackmon, but I read that Holmgren doesn't believe in taking WRs at the top of the draft.

So they're going to reach on an overrated, overhyped QB in Tannehill. I would be shocked if they picked him at 4. Holmgren must really want to bounce his grandkids on his knee.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ergenius:
Again, who's throwing him the ball? QBs more often make the WR rather than a WR making a QB successful.

And Blackmon, again, isnt that elite. There are no elite WRs this year. A lot even argue that Kendall Wright is as good a prospect as Blackmon. Look, I agree that Tannehill is a reach but, like I proved, Locker and Ponder and Gabbert were as well, no? Better to reach for a QB than a WR. WR isnt running your offense.

no way all 3 of those qb prospects were better than tennehill coming into draft
and i agree blackmon isnt eite prospect but he is the best this class (i think floyd is actually) on many team board

Tannehill is a better prospect than Gabbert and maybe Ponder, plus he comes from a pro (Mike Sherman), west coast offensive background. The Browns make a ton of sense to reach for him. Heckert has talked him up. a WR can easily be had at 22, Id bet my life on Tannehill being long gone at 22, and again, you dont take the chance of losing out on a QB, as Washington just proved and Tenn, Minn, and Jax proved last year.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
why is pittsburgh taking kendall wright?

didnt you hear? they signed matt millen as their new g.m.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
why is pittsburgh taking kendall wright?

didnt you hear? they signed matt millen as their new g.m.

if they lose mike wallace they may go get his replaceement

however they need more help o there old D especially there line
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Tannehill won't make it past #8, unless MIA signs Flynn or Manning (I doubt it). SEA and KC would both draft Tannehill.

I see the Seahawks rolling with Tavaris one last time and then trying to snag Barkley next year.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
why is pittsburgh taking kendall wright?

Because they're going to lose Wallace in 2012 or Brown in 2013. Duh
Originally posted by 49ergenius:
Tannehill is a better prospect than Gabbert and maybe Ponder, plus he comes from a pro (Mike Sherman), west coast offensive background. The Browns make a ton of sense to reach for him. Heckert has talked him up. a WR can easily be had at 22, Id bet my life on Tannehill being long gone at 22, and again, you dont take the chance of losing out on a QB, as Washington just proved and Tenn, Minn, and Jax proved last year.

+1
Hill at 19 to the Bears? And the Steelers got WR's for days why in the world are they spending a 1st rounder on another one? Panthers are set at o line why in the world would they pass up on Coples or Poe to draft Martin?