LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Rams got 3 first rounders from wash

Browns are gonna sign Alex Smith....Maybe. Could see it happen if we cant get it done.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Browns are gonna sign Alex Smith....Maybe. Could see it happen if we cant get it done.
I think they will throw the bank at Matt Flynn
Can't believe Sanchez got a 3 year 40 mil extension. Wow. And I thought Alex would sign for 8-9 mil a year
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
So, this really shakes up the draft. The Rams could end up with the pick they wanted at number 6, with either Claiborne or Blackmon, if the Browns reach for Tannehill at number 4. Could it be they think the Browns will surely draft Tannehill at 4?

The scenario below is within the realm of possibility
1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Kalil
4. Tannehill
5. Claiborne/Blackmon
6. Blackmon/Claiborne

The only way this could backfire in this draft would be if the Browns drafted Blackmon at 4, the Bucs pick Claiborne at 5, and the Rams do not have a player they really want at 6. I would think they have thoroughly thought this out in advance, and have another target in place at number six, as a worst case scenario. I would think that player is Riley Reiff

Browns have to take Tannehill at 4 now or he'll go to the Dolphins at 8. 3 top 10 QBs again seems like a sure thing.

What if Manning goes to the dolphins? It's possible the browns could trade down to the dolphins possibly to take tannehill? Who I still think is a reach at thatbnumber
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

We'll find out soon enough.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think they will throw the bank at Matt Flynn

If Denver gets manning, then Miami will go hard for Flynn. Cleveland wont win that battle. I really see Alex in seattle or Cleveland if this doesn't get done soon. Question now becomes what is the orgs true fallback plan?
Originally posted by mayo49:

We'll find out soon enough.
do people not understand how contract negotiating works?

he will sign the day before FA

I know a few Cleveland fans that would hate that, like MD said Flynn makes sense.
The only funny thing about the rams first rounders, especially assuming they keep picking in the 8-15 range for the skins and the rams picks........have fun paying these unproven rookies 4-5 million a year.
Good luck affording 2 top 5 picks each year

f**kkkkkkkkk
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Good luck affording 2 top 5 picks each year

If only that were five years ago....it ain't much now
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
True they will get talent but it could be the carrier bust type or the smith ol bust type and so on. They still need to fill every hole on defense except for long, and every hole on offense except RB guard and hell bradford isn't a sure thing. Too many holes to fill in three years but they still need to beat us which they will not.
Every pick is a roll of the dice in that regard, the thing is EVERY team hits gold every once in awhile. Even the s**ttiest scouting teams get lucky. So when our division rival gets at least TWO chances to strike gold every year there is a legitimate cause for concern. Although they could very well use it to trade into the top 5 every year instead, which potentially hurts even more if they get some game changers. Crossing our fingers that they all bust is kind of pointless.

I don't understand why people aren't giving the Rams any credit for their 1st round drafting, their record last year was due to injuries more than anything. Robert Quinn posted a solid 5 sack rookie season, Chris long has ripped us apart every year since he was drafted in 08. Their one recent first round "bust" was O-lineman Jason Smith in 09. Sam bradford struggled last year but still shows a ton of promise, he should be good once they're able to surround him with some talent.

They aren't the raiders, they don't generally just waste 1st round picks.
Originally posted by mike:
True they will get talent but it could be the carrier bust type or the smith ol bust type and so on. They still need to fill every hole on defense except for long, and every hole on offense except RB guard and hell bradford isn't a sure thing. Too many holes to fill in three years but they still need to beat us which they will not.
Every pick is a roll of the dice in that regard, the thing is EVERY team hits gold every once in awhile. Even the s**ttiest scouting teams get lucky. So when our division rival gets at least TWO chances to strike gold every year there is a legitimate cause for concern. Although they could very well use it to trade into the top 5 every year instead, which potentially hurts even more if they get some game changers. Crossing our fingers that they all bust is kind of pointless.

I don't understand why people aren't giving the Rams any credit for their 1st round drafting, their record last year was due to injuries more than anything. Robert Quinn posted a solid 5 sack rookie season, Chris long has ripped us apart every year since he was drafted in 08. Their one recent first round "bust" was O-lineman Jason Smith in 09. Sam bradford struggled last year but still shows a ton of promise, he should be good once they're able to surround him with some talent.

They aren't the raiders, they don't generally just waste 1st round picks.

have a feeling Bradford gets hurt again
  • mike
  • Veteran
The only funny thing about the rams first rounders, especially assuming they keep picking in the 8-15 range for the skins and the rams picks........have fun paying these unproven rookies 4-5 million a year.

That's nothing dude, remember before the lockout? 20+ million guaranteed for unproven guys.

Plus again you're assuming most of them are busts, usually 5 million is a steal for these guys. Look at Aldon and tell me he's not worth 5 million.

Compare that to what the Rams would have to pay a decent free agent to fill those spots. The draft is cheap.
Share 49ersWebzone