There are 150 users in the forums

My Mock offseason

Players that we let walk or let go-Reggie Smith (sad bc im a fan), Moran Norris, Chilo Shantae Spencer(also sad bc im a fan), Madieu Williams, Peele. Notable

players we resign- Alex Smith, Carlos Rogers, Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn

Free Agency- Robert Meachem

Draft: Round 1- WR Stephen Hill (potential through the roof)
Round 2- CB Josh Robinson
Round 3-TE Ladarius Green
Round 4- either a nose tackle or a guard, whoever is the BPA
Round 5-Olb/De Jack Crawford, Donte Moss, Jake Barquett (idk take your pick)
Round 6-RB Stephfon Green Penn State
Round 7-WR Chris Owusu or another project WR

I know that a lot of these players are raw, but I trust that our coaching staff can develop them just as they did last year. I believe this is relatively realistic and we address our needs and get a couple of big wrs/tes for the redzone.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Mar 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
i like it... great first round pick, solid te who can contribute right away and from the 3rd, good cb. covered good bpa with value in need first 3 rounds
Thank you. I'm glad someone thinks so. Lol
Agree with Hill in the first. I have him there in my mock. Would rather have M. Colston in FA. In fact, I think we will get him. I don't know about Stephfon Green. He is way too small at 193lbs. Plus there are WAY too many RB's in front of him that is better than him and would be available to us. But I get the point. Chris Owusu is too small as well. We have enough sub-200lb WR on our roster. Besides, I like to see us get another WR no later than the 4th (McNutt). Other than that its a decent mock.
1) That draft would be fine.
2) Hill won't be there when we pick.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Why not? He's not really worth a 1st round grade in my opinion. Who would pick him over us? There are still 4 receivers with higher grades that will go before him (although I'm really questioning Wright)
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Why not? He's not really worth a 1st round grade in my opinion. Who would pick him over us? There are still 4 receivers with higher grades that will go before him (although I'm really questioning Wright)

He could easily be the 2nd WR off the board and won't last until #30. Could go in the top 15. At least the top 25. Didn't say he for sure deserved to. But somebody will be impressed with his size / speed ratio.
Hill won't be the 2nd wr off the board. That's going overboard.
I love the speed this draft adds to our team! Way to go p-beastie!
Good draft & FA.

I see mocks that have Hill going to Texans. He has a big upside and potential.

no way hill goes about blackmon or floyd.. some teams really have to be hating on DUI roblems of floyd and really need a WR for that to happen

he may go above wright but if he runs a good 40 on his pro day (hope he doesnt) then he will be the 4th WR taken
Yeah well I'm hoping that there are no teams that have Hill rated better than the 4th best wr in the draft. I also hope that Alshon Jeffrey impresses with his 40 yard dash so that he moves back up ahead of Hill. I'm worried about Bears, Texans, and Pats taking Hill before us. It would be a MAJOR reach for Bears if they took him at 19 just because he doesn't have enough you can evaluate him on to warrant being selected that early. Also, I feel like if the 49ers liked what they saw and heard from HIll at the combine then Baalke would trade up a few picks if necessary in order to grab him in front of New England and the Texans. He did this with Anthony Davis. But at the end of the day, I will trust what Harbaugh, Baalke, our scouts, and rest of the coaches do because they have seemed to be very very good talent evaluators.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
I love the speed this draft adds to our team! Way to go p-beastie!

Thanks. Yeah, I know speed isn't everything and doesn't mean you'll be good but it is very nice to have. Also I believe our coaches can turn some of these raw players into very good football players and you can't teach speed.
Share 49ersWebzone