LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

My first all-round Mock

My first all-round Mock

30. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - Jim Harbaugh loves to use the Tight End Position, and Fleener is an athletic Tight End who can get open over the middle AND downfield. Paired with VD, it will be very hard to stop us. Delanie Walker can be a good #3 TE, which we will do from time to time, and then we can let him go after the season.

62. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington - Some think he's a boom-bust pick, but I think his floor is as a rotational D-Lineman and his ceiling is at the all-pro level. Our coaching staff will get the most out of him, and he will rotate in slowly over his first two years.

93. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State - BPA Pick. Great value - we need a third back to split time with the others, esp. if Gore goes down. Also, Turbin is a good short yardage runner.

125. Senio Kelemete, G, Washington - He's projected to be there in the 4th round, and he's an athletic offensive lineman who can also fill in at OT if necessary. Great value here.

157. T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International - Speedy WR sat out the combine due to a quad injury. Will go higher if he blows up his pro day.

190. Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State - Depth in the Secondary

220. Greg McCoy, CB/KR, TCU - Another defensive back, with good return skills.
  • mod
  • Veteran
somebody is a pac-12 fan... nvm you talking about the aggies
[ Edited by modninerfan on Mar 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
somebody is a pac-12 fan... nvm you talking about the aggies

Just three. Turbin is Utah State, not Utah.

Kelemete was the best guard in the late 4th to pick from.
Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
Senio Kelemete, G, Washington
T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR, Florida International

With these three selections, I'd be happy enough, I guess. The rest? Not a big fan of the who and when.
Not feeling the 2nd round pick at all.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not feeling the 2nd round pick at all.
agree. i feel gin will not be back so you better find a wr/kr and or a cb/kr high in the draft in my opinion. a want for a defensive tackle is not as vital as a need in other areas, depending on what happens with rogers, ginn and morgan
  • fan49
  • Veteran
you didnt even cover a real need til the 4th
  • fan49
  • Veteran
fleeners the only possible starter.... but damn wr our biggerst need in the 5th, come on
Originally posted by fan49:
you didnt even cover a real need til the 4th

Because we don't have 'here and now' needs. We're drafting BPA
fleeners the only possible starter.... but damn wr our biggerst need in the 5th, come on

Have you ever heard of Free Agency?

We're a super bowl contender! Rookies' arent supposed to be able to earn a starting job...
Originally posted by nickbradley:
We're a super bowl contender! Rookies' arent supposed to be able to earn a starting job...

Gotta agree with Fan49 on this one. I'd go WR in the second and CB in the third. Aside from that it looks good.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Have you ever heard of Free Agency?

you should still draft a WR higher. even if we add a good WR in FA, drafting a WR in the early rounds would help.
The best value pick at CB/KR is Laron Scott form Georgia Southern University. He will give you the best value for your money. Watch the tape vs the Alabama Game and you will see for yourself!

Laron Scott, Georgia Southern, KR/DB, Pocket sized Ball of Fire by Damond Talbot on Mar 3, 2012 11:43 PM EST in 2012 NFL Draft

5 comments Email Print
More photos »">Mike Zarrilli - Getty ImagesMore photos »

Laron Scott, DB/KR, burned the sidelines up against Alabama this year, and is often forgotten, but why is he always being looked over? Is it his height?

Laron Scott, made a major impression this year in the Southern Conference of the FCS. Laron Scott sits at just about 5'9 and 179 pounds, but he is often forgot about. Laron Scott is not just a defensive back, he is one of the most explosive kick returners in the NCAA, this year, averaging 31 yards a return. Laron Scott exploded for 2 touchdowns on kick returns and his biggest one came when he did it against Alabama this year.

Laron Scott 95 Yard Kickoff Return for a TD (via redkees5)

I was able to watch several games this year on Laron Scott, but what impresses me the most about Laron Scott is not just his return ability. Everyone is talking about guys in the SoCon division like Ryan Steed of Furman and Corey White of Samford, but why not talk about Laron Scott of Georgia Southern especially as a defensive back?

Let's break them down and see the differences, between the three of them, to see who can bring more to your team, stats wise, we all know that Ryan Steed is a freak of an athlete, and Corey White did a great job at the Combine, but let's just compare the three to see what they have differently over last year.

Corey White - Samford - Had 5 Pass Break Ups, 4 Interceptions, 58 tackles and 2 forced fumbles, 1 TD

Ryan Steed - Furman - Had 4 Pass Break Ups, 4 Interceptions, 46 tackles

Laron Scott - Had 18 Pass Break Ups, 3 Interceptions, 53 tackles, and 1040 Kick Return Yards with 2 touchdowns

I understand that Laron Scott, is smaller, and might have better production, but what does that mean? I will tell you what it means, he is much better at coverage then what people are giving him credit for. He is a dual threat, and is not being talked about the way he should. You should check out more on this kid, because he has had more production then any Kick Returner in NCAA, over the past couple years, and is one of the main reason that Georgia Southern made it to the Championship this year and won it.

Nice try.

I really hope we can get Meechium in FA then Fleener makes a whole lot of sense in the 1st. [I hope we can get him]

Don't dislike the 2nd round pick - just think we could do a whole lot better.

Turbin would be great. He can also block and catch well
Share 49ersWebzone