There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTC's Big 125 Board + 49ers Mock (3/5/12)

Originally posted by ninerfan21:
If NO loses it's 1st rd pick like there is rumors they might, does hill move up to 29th or are we taking Konz?

NO doesnt have their 1st, New England does, when they used it to get Mark Ingram. They may lose their 2nd rd pick though.
Originally posted by Engleburger:
If they think Dontari Poe is a good football player, they don't know that much and theres a reason they're on the internet and not working for an NFL team.

Went back and looked at a few of his last mock drafts. Had Bruce Campbell as a first rounder, just like I thought.

Poe isn't a good football player. Just like Zach Brown, and same as Bruce Campbell. And Troy Williamson (remember that guy? Awful.)

People get way too caught up in the combine numbers and perhaps coaching egos sometimes come into play, thinking they can get something out of that physical ability. We've got more than a month before the draft. While Poe may be at #9 on the projection today, he could be all the way to 20 tomorrow when updates are made.

Don't put too much stock into what this initial projection says. Watch it evolve.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Call me crazy, but I think Dwight Jones has a really good shot at not being drafted at all. Looking at the combine, and adding in Senior Bowl week, the guy looks slow, unathletic, unmotivated, and downright uninspired. Just flat out bizarre to me, but it is what it is.

As for Poe, I think he lands somewhere in the late teens, with someone completely enamored by his physical ability. I simply don't see a good football player on the field, He chases well in pursuit, but doesn't seem to have any football awareness skills. Add him to my All-Overrated Team with Zach Brown and Mike Adams. Me no likey!!

On the flipside, some of the underrated guys on my board are Brandon Thompson, who I think the 49ers will target at the end of round one, and Bobby Wagner, who was not able to compete at the combine due to pneumonia. Both players, ironically, should be working out tomorrow at Clemson's and Utah State's Pro-Day.

I agree on the All Overrated team. I have Mike Adams unranked (meaning I held off putting him anywhere till I see more of him) because I saw people had him as a first rounder and when I watched him I didn't see that. As ar as Zach Brown, I was big on him when I read about him. Then I actually watched him play and wow, lol. I've never seen an OLB over run so many plays and use his speed to take him OUT fo the play.

On my flip side, my 4-3 OLB that I think is vastly underrated is Tank Carder. Best sideline-to-sideline speed of any OLB and outstanding football IQ.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Call me crazy, but I think Dwight Jones has a really good shot at not being drafted at all. Looking at the combine, and adding in Senior Bowl week, the guy looks slow, unathletic, unmotivated, and downright uninspired. Just flat out bizarre to me, but it is what it is.

As for Poe, I think he lands somewhere in the late teens, with someone completely enamored by his physical ability. I simply don't see a good football player on the field, He chases well in pursuit, but doesn't seem to have any football awareness skills. Add him to my All-Overrated Team with Zach Brown and Mike Adams. Me no likey!!

On the flipside, some of the underrated guys on my board are Brandon Thompson, who I think the 49ers will target at the end of round one, and Bobby Wagner, who was not able to compete at the combine due to pneumonia. Both players, ironically, should be working out tomorrow at Clemson's and Utah State's Pro-Day.

I agree on the All Overrated team. I have Mike Adams unranked (meaning I held off putting him anywhere till I see more of him) because I saw people had him as a first rounder and when I watched him I didn't see that. As ar as Zach Brown, I was big on him when I read about him. Then I actually watched him play and wow, lol. I've never seen an OLB over run so many plays and use his speed to take him OUT fo the play.

On my flip side, my 4-3 OLB that I think is vastly underrated is Tank Carder. Best sideline-to-sideline speed of any OLB and outstanding football IQ.

Jones is so disappointing. My first impression went I watched him and read up on him was that of a high second rounder. Then I watched more.. and more.. and more.. and became increasingly disappointed in his play every second I saw him. Body catching, apparent lack of care for the game of football, poor technique.. his head/heart just aren't in it, it seems. He has good size and solid enough speed to succeed if he had a love for the game and coachability/desire to improve, but I don't know he does. I'm dropping him below Jeff Fuller, who I think is a mid 5th guy right now. Sure, he ran a 4.65, but he's someone who has a head on his shoulders that is worth taking a chance on because his size, hands, and experience in the WCO at A&M will attract a team.

Don't particularly agree on Carder being the fastest sideline to sideline, but his football IQ is indeed strong.

Interesting thought MD on Thompson. I've considered it in the back of my mind, but don't know if I'm ready to say it'd be a serious consideration yet. Have a feeling we might just trade back unless we really love the player and specifically have him in mind.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:25 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jones is so disappointing. My first impression went I watched him and read up on him was that of a high second rounder. Then I watched more.. and more.. and more.. and became increasingly disappointed in his play every second I saw him. Body catching, apparent lack of care for the game of football, poor technique.. his head/heart just aren't in it, it seems. He has good size and solid enough speed to succeed if he had a love for the game and coachability/desire to improve, but I don't know he does. I'm dropping him below Jeff Fuller, who I think is a mid 5th guy right now. Sure, he ran a 4.65, but he's someone who has a head on his shoulders that is worth taking a chance on because his size, hands, and experience in the WCO at A&M will attract a team.

Don't particularly agree on Carder being the fastest sideline to sideline, but his football IQ is indeed strong.

Interesting thought MD on Thompson. I've considered it in the back of my mind, but don't know if I'm ready to say it'd be a serious consideration yet. Have a feeling we might just trade back unless we really love the player and specifically have him in mind.

On Carder, I know he didn't have the best 40 time, but look at his other numbers. #2 in 3-cone drill, #4 in 20-yard shuttle, #3 in 60 yard shuttle. (However, some linebackers didn't participate in every drill who did show some great speed, like Kendricks). I guess I should backtrack from "best", so I'll just say one of fastest sideline to sideline LBers.

Count me in on Carder. Some guys just get the game, and he is one of them. Love the cone drill time which show that change of direction skill. Overall, a guy who is very high on my linebacker board. I also like the potential of West Virginia LB Najee Goode. I thought his footwork skills at the combine were nearly unmatched at the LB position. Smooth as butter. Very interested to see where he lands.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Lol are you for real?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
REMEMBER: Outside of the specifically placed 49ers picks, this is not a mock. It's a general projection board. Also, it is NOT a ranking either. It is a general projection board. So please view it accordingly.

Pick Player Position School
1 Andrew Luck* QB Stanford
2 Robert Griffin III* QB Baylor
3 Matt Kalil* OT USC
4 Justin Blackmon* WR Oklahoma State
5 Morris Claiborne* CB LSU
6 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
7 Quinton Coples DE UNC
8 Riley Reiff* OT Iowa
9 Dontari Poe* DT Memphis
10 Jonathan Martin* OT Stanford
11 Trent Richardson* RB Alabama
12 Melvin Ingram DE/OLB South Carolina
13 Nick Perry* DE USC
14 Dre' Kirkpatrick* CB Alabama
15 Luke Kuechly* ILB Boston College
16 Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
17 Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
18 Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
19 Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
20 Devon Still DT Penn State
21 Lamar Miller** RB Miami
22 Mike Adams OT Ohio State
23 David DeCastro* OG Stanford
24 Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama
25 Michael Brockers** DT LSU
26 Kendall Wright WR Baylor
27 Fletcher Cox* DT Mississippi State
28 Andre Branch DE Clemson
29 Peter Konz* OC Wisconsin
30 Stephen Hill* WR Georgia Tech
31 Whitney Mercilus* DE Illinois
32 Coby Fleener TE Stanford
33 Rueben Randle* WR LSU
34 Zach Brown OLB UNC
35 Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State
36 David Wilson* RB Virginia Tech
37 Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
38 Alshon Jeffery* WR South Carolina
39 Stephon Gilmore* CB South Carolina
40 Lavonte David OLB Nebraska
41 Jerel Worthy* DT Michigan State
42 Ronnell Lewis* OLB Oklahoma
43 Bobby Wagner OLB Utah State
44 Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State
45 Bruce Irvin DE/OLB West Virginia
46 Kendall Reyes DT Connecticut
47 Mark Barron S Alabama
48 Markelle Martin S Oklahoma State
49 Bobby Massie* OT Mississippi
50 Dwayne Allen* TE Clemson
51 Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
52 Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
53 Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
54 Trumaine Johnson CB Montana
55 Orson Charles* TE Georgia
56 Mike Martin NT Michigan
57 Jayron Hosley* CB Virginia Tech
58 Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington
59 Vinny Curry DE Marshall
60 Doug Martin RB Boise State
61 Harrison Smith S Notre Dame
62 Jared Crick DT/DE Nebraska
63 Chris Givens* WR Wake Forest
64 Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
65 Mohamed Sanu* WR Rutgers
66 Mitchell Schwartz OT Cal
67 Josh Robinson* CB Central Florida
68 Chris Polk* RB Washington
69 Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt
70 Marvin Jones WR Cal
71 Nick Toon WR Wisconsin
72 Shea McClellin DE/OLB Boise State
73 George Iloka S Boise State
74 Dwight Bentley CB Louisiana-Lafayette
75 Brock Osweiler* QB Arizona State
76 Demario Davis OLB Arkansas State
77 Nigel Bradham OLB Florida State
78 Billy Winn DT/DE Boise State
Forfeit
79 LaMichael James* RB Oregon
80 Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
81 Mychal Kendricks ILB Cal
82 Chase Minnifield CB Virginia
83 Ben Jones C/OG Georgia
84 Josh Kaddu OLB Oregon
85 Cam Johnson DE/OLB Virginia
86 Brandon Mosley OT Auburn
87 Brandon Brooks OG Miami (Ohio)
88 Tony Bergstrom OT Utah
89 Brian Quick WR Appalachian State
90 Marcus Forston* DT Miami
91 Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati
92 Jamell Fleming CB Oklahoma
93 Brandon Washington* OG Miami
94 Tommy Streeter* WR Miami
95 Chris Rainey RB Florida
96 James Brown OG Troy
97 A.J. Jenkins WR Illinois
98 Kheeston Randall DT Texas
99 Jeff Allen OT/OG Illinois
100 Tyrone Crawford DE Boise State
101 Michael Egnew TE Missouri
102 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State
103 Ladarius Green TE Louisiana-Lafayette
104 Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina
105 Juron Criner WR Arizona
106 Robert Turbin* RB Utah State
107 Nate Potter OT Boise State
108 Dwight Jones WR UNC
109 Antonio Allen S South Carolina
110 Ronnie Hillman** RB San Diego State
111 Jake Bequette DE Arkansas
112 Keenan Robinson OLB Texas
113 Jonathan Massaquoi* DE/OLB Troy
114 Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State
115 Leonard Johnson CB Iowa State
116 Aaron Henry S Wisconsin
117 Andrew Datko OT Florida State
118 Trevor Guyton DT/DE Cal
119 Bernard Pierce* RB Temple
120 DaJohn Harris DT/DE USC
121 Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M
122 Mike Brewster OC Ohio State
123 Kyle Wilber OLB Wake Forest
124 Marvin McNutt WR Iowa
125 Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M

(157) 5. Devon Wylie-WR-Fresno State, 5-9 187 4.39

(188) 6. Nick Jean-Baptiste-NT-Baylor, 6-2 335 5.06

(220) 7. Miles Burris-OLB-San Diego State, 6-2 246 4.73

The following is a) what some believe are the teams that need wr. However, the colts will take a QB with their pick. the rams will have two picks if they trade with the Browns. The second since many feel we should draft a wr if we don't get a wr is ranking in the top 100 by Gil Brandt before () and after the combine.

1 Indianapolis

2 St. Louis

7 Jacksonville

16 NY Jets

19 Chicago

27 NE Patriots (from NO)

31 NE Patriots

12. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State (13)

16. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame (19)

22. Rueben Randle, WR, LSU (20)

27. Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor (24)

32. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (44)

45. Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest (45)

55. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers (40)

65. A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois (87)

71. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona (96)

75. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina (16)

80. Joe Adams, WR/KR, Arkansas (75)

He still has his pro day and may climb if he times faster than expected.

46. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford (46)

Excellent!

I like many, for the reasons explained in other posts would prefer Fleener in the first. But as usual, it depends on FA and if we can land a Quality WR.

Crick has been a hope for me for some time. We need to maintain the excelllent front 7.

Brandon Washington has played against excellent players and performed well. He may be just what the OLine needs.

The other picks are real solid.

Why do you have McNutt rated so low?
Originally posted by jreff22:
I suggest you start reading Wes Buntings tweets and articles....what do the guys whobut do this for a living know?

If they think Dontari Poe is a good football player, they don't know that much and theres a reason they're on the internet and not working for an NFL team.

Went back and looked at a few of his last mock drafts. Had Bruce Campbell as a first rounder, just like I thought.
What you are failing to understand is what you think is good and what a team thinks is good is the difference. All it takes is one team to bite which happens all the time with combine kings and boom, overdrafted. If working for a team proves intelligence I challenge you to explain what goes on in Oakland.
What you are failing to understand is what you think is good and what a team thinks is good is the difference. All it takes is one team to bite which happens all the time with combine kings and boom, overdrafted. If working for a team proves intelligence I challenge you to explain what goes on in Oakland.

What raiders are you talking about? Jamarcus Russell? Darius Heyward Bey?

Both were MUCH better college players than Poe. Not even close.

Even Al Davis waited till the 4th or 5th round to get Buntings boy Bruce Campbell. There is NO team that looks at 0 film of a prospect. None. Only people on the internet judge a prospect only on measurables.

Even Al Davis waited till the 4th or 5th round to get Buntings boy Bruce Campbell. There is NO team that looks at 0 film of a prospect. None. Only people on the internet judge a prospect only on measurables.

DHB's college career wasn't remarkable.

And you are always free to post your own predictions and rankings.

Its very easy to criticize others analysis of players, a lot more difficult to put your own opinion out there.

DHB was not that great of a college player. He never cracked 1k yards in any season, in fact he finished with 1k yards less then Crabs and played 1 more year then Crabs did. What got him drafted early....his combine numbers.

DHB's college career wasn't remarkable.

And you are always free to post your own predictions and rankings.

Its very easy to criticize others analysis of players, a lot more difficult to put your own opinion out there.
DHB was pretty productive vs. much better competition. I remember watching Maryland a few times to scout DHB and he beat his man pretty often. Dontari Poe, not so much.

And aren't I putting my opinion out there in this thread argueing vs. Poe?

DHB was not that great of a college player. He never cracked 1k yards in any season, in fact he finished with 1k yards less then Crabs and played 1 more year then Crabs did. What got him drafted early....his combine numbers.

The difference between "not that great" and "terrible" is huge. Comparing him to Crabs is really reaching, crabs two years were the two most productive years for any college WR ever.

if youre still talking about poe

he was considered a first to second round prospect and quite honestly he had a beter combine than hill

will he blow you away with his film no he wont but he wont disspoint you either he is a solid player who has off the charts physically and measurables hes a top 15 lock who imo wont get past 12