There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2012 Webzone Collaborative Draft - ROUND 3 (Browns are on the clock)

damn, Jeffery in the mid 1st. Biggest surprise yet?
Baugh_Area is OTC until 11pm
[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 12, 2012 at 2:51 PM ]
With the 24th pick the Steelers select Dontari Poe DT Memphis

The Steelers are shocked that Poe is still on the board. He gives the team an injection of youth on their aging D-line, and eventual replacement for Casey Hampton at NT. Dont'a Hightower and Mark Barron were also considered due to their holes at ILB and Troy's age at SS, but players of Poe's ability are rare and almost never available this low in the draft. The Steelers stick to their board and take Poe.
  • kush
  • Veteran
The Denver Broncos throw some more talent at their defense with the selection of...

Mark Barron S, Alabama

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
damn, Jeffery in the mid 1st. Biggest surprise yet?

Jeffery runs a 4.6 or faster hes a top 15 pick. Theres just to much production n film to down grade him any lower. You put his production in the SEC with the QBs hes had its amazing he broke any records. Hes a very unique WR whos brings alot to any franchise who takes him. So far the biggest shock this mock is Tannehill hands down imo. Passing up so many stud prospects for that kid was laughable but I could see why he did it. Only i cant help but laugh at him for doing such.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
The Denver Broncos throw some more talent at their defense with the selection of...

Mark Barron S, Alabama

So no trade? Went and did a Bears on my azz? Haven't seen the PM yet, but wow! Thought you would have said something when you were up. No biggie here, but dang.

The trade is null and void. I'll be waiting at #30.
With the 26th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select Rueben Randle, LSU.

This is like taking candy from a baby.

With the first of their two 1st round picks, the Patriots add another dynamic weapon for Tom Brady by selecting Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill, the 6'4", 215lb star of the recent combine.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

With the first of their two 1st round picks, the Patriots add another dynamic weapon for Tom Brady by selecting Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill, the 6'4", 215lb star of the recent combine.

I expect you guys to get a WR in FA and draft Mercilus or Reyes here...just sayin'
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM ]
davidboutte is on the clock... pick due by 4pm PST
Originally posted by ninertico:

I expect you guys to get a WR in FA and draft Mercilus or Reyes here...just sayin'

True, but you can't pass up a talent like Hill, especially when he falls right in to your lap!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

True, but you can't pass up a talent like Hill, especially when he falls right in to your lap!

Definitly would have picked him over Randle............good pick!
Originally posted by jimrat201:

Definitly would have picked him over Randle............good pick!

I want Hill for the Niners. Especially now that it looks like he can learn for a year, just as long as Randy pans out.

I don't think there is a chance in hell the Patriots pick a WR in the first round after finishing 2nd in the NFL in passing and using the franchise tag on Walker. A big part the Patriots' passing game is their TE's. The Patriots loss the Super Bowl because of their weak defense not their offense. The Patriots finished 31st in defense last year and you picked a WR in the 1st round of the draft.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
I don't think there is a chance in hell the Patriots pick a WR in the first round after finishing 2nd in the NFL in passing and using the franchise tag on Walker. A big part the Patriots' passing game is their TE's. The Patriots loss the Super Bowl because of their weak defense not their offense. The Patriots finished 31st in defense last year and you picked a WR in the 1st round of the draft.

I would concur especially with Jenkins, Gilmore, Still, and Mercilus on the board. I was surprised Jenkins or Mercilus wasn't the pick. Not that I wanted Hill or anything.