There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2012 Webzone Collaborative Draft - ROUND 3 (Browns are on the clock)

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Slight reach... But it fills a need

wanted to trade up for RG3, after that wanted to trade down. gotta do what you gotta do.
Tannehill is a reach as of now, but I have him going 6th in my latest 3 round mock. Tannehill will get over drafted. He is the 3rd best QB in most eyes. I actually like Kirk Cousins alot.




**Trent Richardson eagerly waiting to be drafted**



Expect a call from Miami, Trent.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,365
Just to give you guys a heads up I'm leaving for salt lake city on Saturday. I should have my pick in by then but in case I don't that's why... If Nevada wasnt a barren wasteland I'd probably be able to post lol
With the 8th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select.....

Fletcher Cox, DT - Mississppi St.




Some would find this as a surprise pick, but I think Cox fits the Panthers D perfectly. Quick off the snap, powerful, and fairly consistent. The guy's got a motor. Brockers might get some consideration, but some might see him as a one year wonder (also didn't perform well at the combine).
Originally posted by SF69ers:
With the 8th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select.....

Fletcher Cox, DT - Mississppi St.




Some would find this as a surprise pick, but I think Cox fits the Panthers D perfectly. Quick off the snap, powerful, and fairly consistent. The guy's got a motor. Brockers might get some consideration, but some might see him as a one year wonder (also didn't perform well at the combine).

Just read that Brockers is going to Carolina for a visit today so nice call.
As a huge LSU fan, I have to say, I actually like Fletcher Cox over Mike Brockers. Top 10 still seems far too early, but he could very well earn that high status.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Just to give you guys a heads up I'm leaving for salt lake city on Saturday. I should have my pick in by then but in case I don't that's why... If Nevada wasnt a barren wasteland I'd probably be able to post lol

Are you gonna leave a big board with someone? Or... ?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
As a huge LSU fan, I have to say, I actually like Fletcher Cox over Mike Brockers. Top 10 still seems far too early, but he could very well earn that high status.

If Poe is getting considerations in the top 15 despite not really having huge numbers in college, Cox should get that praise as well. Running a sub-4.8 40-yard dash for a man close to 300 lbs is CRAZY. His 10 yard split was good too. It was either him or Devon Still, but I gave it to Cox.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
As a huge LSU fan, I have to say, I actually like Fletcher Cox over Mike Brockers. Top 10 still seems far too early, but he could very well earn that high status.

If Poe is getting considerations in the top 15 despite not really having huge numbers in college, Cox should get that praise as well. Running a sub-4.8 40-yard dash for a man close to 300 lbs is CRAZY. His 10 yard split was good too. It was either him or Devon Still, but I gave it to Cox.

Yeah, I'd definitely select FC well before Poe. Good call taking him over Still also, IMHO.
I'll make my pick soon. I'm waiting for a response to a trade proposal I sent...
Any reason you didn't elect to go with WR Floyd ? (Panthers)

edit: Apologies.. just realized their was a 2nd thread for discussion down the page. Guess this one was for selections only.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Mar 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Yeah, I'd definitely select FC well before Poe. Good call taking him over Still also, IMHO.

Thanks.


Originally posted by oldman9er:
Any reason you didn't elect to go with WR Floyd ? (Panthers)

edit: Apologies.. just realized their was a 2nd thread for discussion down the page. Guess this one was for selections only.

I thought of taking a receiver as well, but the depth of receiver in this draft is really good. Plus, the Panthers' offense wasn't so bad.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,365
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Any reason you didn't elect to go with WR Floyd ? (Panthers)

edit: Apologies.. just realized their was a 2nd thread for discussion down the page. Guess this one was for selections only.

You can discuss in this thread I don't give a s**t lol... And to answer your other question, I might leave a big board, but at this pace we should be ok.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
As a huge LSU fan, I have to say, I actually like Fletcher Cox over Mike Brockers. Top 10 still seems far too early, but he could very well earn that high status.

If Poe is getting considerations in the top 15 despite not really having huge numbers in college, Cox should get that praise as well. Running a sub-4.8 40-yard dash for a man close to 300 lbs is CRAZY. His 10 yard split was good too. It was either him or Devon Still, but I gave it to Cox.

Yeah, I'd definitely select FC well before Poe. Good call taking him over Still also, IMHO.

I agree, I have it like this:

1. Poe
2. Cox
3. Stills
4. Brockers

I can understand the Cox pick, especially with Rivera's defense style. He likes speed, especially with his DL. As much as people say Poe can play all positions, he'll excel in the nose tackle, which Carolina doesn't use. Good pick and will help Carolina in the long run.