LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

vrabbit's post-combine 2012 Mock Draft

nice mock!
no running back?
Very good.

If we get a WR in FA then maybe Fleener in the 1st.

You addressed the biggest needs, IMO, WR & RG. Then CB was a need- if thisdraft happened, combined w/our coahes abiliity - we'd be ready to roll.
Originally posted by hofer36:
how did rams get ravens pick at 29? or did you mean ravens get stephen hill?

33rd overall + 5th & 6th round picks

they would still have a 2nd rounder (39th overall) from the earlier trade with the Redskins), I kind of expect the Rams to have a busy day 1, the easier mock is doing the trade with the Browns but this is a realistic scenario too IMO

thanks for the feedback guys, Trav I agree with you that Thompson may not be there, and to the person that asked about RB, I'm not concerned about whether we draft one this year, it's a secondary issue that can be solved with UDFA or something similar, we're talking about finding a backup anyways, should Gore's play really go down this year I have full confidence in Hunter
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If we got Wright on the first round I wouldnt take Jones in round 3. I would want to draft a DE to give the team depth at that spot. We have very little there behind McDonald and Smith. Overall.. not bad Rabbit

I wouldn't mind drafting another end either, but I'm excited for the development of Dobbs.
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
did you mean Wright?

Yes, Wright, sorry. Even if we disregard Wright's lack of straightaway speed. He's short with short arms. Using McCloughan and Baalke's drafting philosophy of drafting "Bigger, stronger, faster" , I would look elsewhere

Don't forget small hands. His hands measured 8 & 5/8 or something close to that. Blocking is so important to our receivers that we need a least a litttle size out of them. 5-10 is too short IMO.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Would have taken Fleener rd 1, but really, this is very good overall.

Would be a happy camper.

Yeah, give me Fleener instead of Wright, and I would gladly take that draft. In that senario I would grade Fleener and Randle out very closely and give he edge to Fleener due to his history in this O, and thus potenially being able to adjust to the pro's a little more quickly. I am interested in Randle as well, but we can't miss on our 1st round pick and I am a little less sure about him. Overall good draft, it also seems like a very realistic one for the 9ers.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Mar 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
best mock ever

Marvin Jones championship

Marvin was may favorite pick of this Mock..
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd rather take Randle if Hill is gone.

I think that we would have to look long and hard (no pun intended for all you dirty minded b*****ds ) at Randle as well
Few notes:
-I see you only have one RB going in the first. I'd be surprised if Lamar Miller went in the 2nd. Then again I had McCoy as a first rounder and he went in the 2nd (not comparing him, just noting even talented RBs that IMO are 1st round talent go in the 2nd).
-I'll refrain from comment on Wright, no need to re-hash that arguement
-But, I think it would be tough for the Niners to pass up on Fleener, Minnifield, Zietler.
-I've been seeing Andre Branch going high in the 1st....maybe I'll have to take another look at him. I have him as a late 1st or early 2nd.
-I think Dont'a Hightower is getting over rated since he is coming from 'Bama. I just don't think Hightower is very effective outside the box, making him a limited player
-you're missing the Miss St DT (Fletcher Cox). If the draft went how you have it, the biggest shock to me would be Fletcher falling into the 2nd. I watched some film on him last weekend and wow is he athletic, just explosive off the snap, high motor, agressive DT, extremely quick hands.

As far as the later round picks, seem about right. Right now I have the Montana CB unranked (meaning I haven't seen enough of him to feel confident where to put him). .

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Few notes:
-I see you only have one RB going in the first. I'd be surprised if Lamar Miller went in the 2nd. Then again I had McCoy as a first rounder and he went in the 2nd (not comparing him, just noting even talented RBs that IMO are 1st round talent go in the 2nd).
-I'll refrain from comment on Wright, no need to re-hash that arguement - THANKS
-But, I think it would be tough for the Niners to pass up on Fleener, Minnifield, Zietler. - NOT SURE IF YOU'RE REFERRING TO ALL 3 OF THIS GUYS AT #30
-I've been seeing Andre Branch going high in the 1st....maybe I'll have to take another look at him. I have him as a late 1st or early 2nd.
-I think Dont'a Hightower is getting over rated since he is coming from 'Bama. I just don't think Hightower is very effective outside the box, making him a limited player
-you're missing the Miss St DT (Fletcher Cox). If the draft went how you have it, the biggest shock to me would be Fletcher falling into the 2nd. I watched some film on him last weekend and wow is he athletic, just explosive off the snap, high motor, agressive DT, extremely quick hands. - IT WAS EITHER HIM OR WORTHY, WORTHY A BETTER FIT AS A 3-4 DE IMO

As far as the later round picks, seem about right. Right now I have the Montana CB unranked (meaning I haven't seen enough of him to feel confident where to put him). .

Nice work. I would be happy with that draft.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
best mock ever

Marvin Jones championship

Marvin was may favorite pick of this Mock..

we despertaly need a speed thereat he filled that with wright

then an outside big target with solid hands with marvin jones

crabtree and jones on outside
wright in slot

then VD and walker

i like the looks of that group on paper (of course it depends how good the rookies will be)
I don't see Wright falling to us, but he could. He was somewhat disappointing at the combine. But, have to agree, he's not the bigger WR Harbaugh wants. Still think Fleener's a good option at #30. The things Roman could do with him and Vernon would boggle your mind, not to mention opposing DC's. Overall, like your mock, but the big thing I'd change is a very good RB. My personal favorite is Doug Martin, who does everything well, including returning kicks.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't see Wright falling to us, but he could. He was somewhat disappointing at the combine. But, have to agree, he's not the bigger WR Harbaugh wants. Still think Fleener's a good option at #30. The things Roman could do with him and Vernon would boggle your mind, not to mention opposing DC's. Overall, like your mock, but the big thing I'd change is a very good RB. My personal favorite is Doug Martin, who does everything well, including returning kicks.

I just don't understand the need for a RB, look even if Gore isn't the 2006 version he's still a pretty good runner - 1200+ yards and 8 TD's while getting rested at times, and you already have the future in Hunter ... RB is set for 2012, the only need here is depth and I'm not drafting for depth in the day 1 or 2 when we have bigger needs at other positions.

It's almost the same reason I'm not crazy about a TE at #30, what the Patriots do is the exception, not the rule, banking on the concept of an insane TE attack is too risky IMO, our QB needs to establish he can attack with the WR the way Brady does in order for the TE's to be as effective as Gronk and Hernandez are, I don't buy it.
Share 49ersWebzone