There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stephen Hill, Coby Fleener, Peter Konz. All gone by pick #30. What then?

What about Lamar Miller (RB - Miami)?

5'10 - 3/4" 212 lbs. 4.40 40 yard dash at the combine. 1,272 yards and 9 TD's in 2011.

Gore keeps coming out of the game and missing snaps and entire series at the end of the year and in the playoffs. It's obvious his age, injuries and hits are catching up to him fast. And it won't get better IMO. It will get worse. Kendall Hunter is 5'7" 199 lbs. A change of pace back. Dixon is worthless and we need to replace him.

We need an every down back for the future. And don't come in here and say we don't need a RB.... Gore kept coming out of games at the end of the season and playoffs too. He's really hit the wall. 2 torn up knees, 2 torn up shoulders, age, injuries, tons of hits. It's catching up big time. RB is not as empahsized around the NFL as it used to be in some cases. But to our team RB is HUGE IMO. Control the clock, make our defense even better, and help Alex not have to put the whole thing on his shoulders.

I get that everbody wants Stephen Hill, Coby Fleener, and Peter Konz. But what if they are all gone? And they could be at #30. Say this guy and Streeter in the 2nd round?
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM ]
Not at 30. Just don't feel RB is a priority at that spot. I agree it's time to start looking for Gore's replacement, but he still has some left in the tank. We have bigger issues.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Mar 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Not at 30. Just don't feel RB is a priority at that spot. I agree it's time to start looking for Gore's replacement, but he still has some left in the tank. We have bigger issues.

That's where he is going to go. And I made the assumption the 3 we want are gone. So why not and WR in the 2nd like Streeter?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,133
Cordy Glenn, then if Glenn isn't there take Chase Minnifield.
No RBs early this season, please...next season.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Cordy Glenn, then if Glenn isn't there take Chase Minnifield.

Yes.


......Or Alshon Jeffery
BPA
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Cordy Glenn, then if Glenn isn't there take Chase Minnifield.

Cordy Glenn will be gone by #30 for sure. So I don't think he is realistic.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
No RBs early this season, please...next season.

Like Frank Gore held up so good late in the season and playoffs..... We kept putting Dixon in becaus Gore is too banged up.
Originally posted by English:
BPA

I agree. And if he is it we should pick him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by English:
BPA

I agree. And if he is it we should pick him.

Since Brooks got re-signed I am a lot more relaxed about what position they fill with the first couple. I want a RG and a couple of receivers but these can be picked up whenever. The only way this team will have an extended stay in the top part of the NFL is if they draft well and don't reach for particular positions.

No more Reggie McGrews!
i think chris polk in a later round offers more value than miller in rd 1
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,636
Much depends on what has been done in free agency.

But without knowing what we got in free agency I will assume that WR is still our biggest need.

I would take Rueben Randle or Chris Givens.
Originally posted by hofer36:
i think chris polk in a later round offers more value than miller in rd 1

But Miller has size, speed and production. And unlike Kendall Hunter he can be our every down back.
Originally posted by buck:
Much depends on what has been done in free agency.

But without knowing what we got in free agency I will assume that WR is still our biggest need.

I would take Rueben Randle or Chris Givens.

I think Randle is more a 2nd round guy. He didn't perform that great at the combine.