There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TheGoldStandard Mock Draft (3-02)

Round 1: Alshon Jeffrey, WR
A big target that will be an immediate boon to our Redzone Offense, allows Crab to bump inside to the slot in three wide situations.
Round 2: Michael Egnew, TE
Starter in the 2 Tight End base set, another big target in the passing game, can play tight to the line of scrimage, split out, or in the backfield.
Round 3: Mike Brewster, C
4 year starter at a big time program (OSU), can apprentice behind Goodwin or play right away if pressed into action. A future 10 year starter as the QB of the OLine.
Round 4: Robert Turbin RB
Player of the year in the WAC, a one man offense for a small school to the tune of 1500 yards and 19 endzone visits. Strong upper body, can come in right away and spell Frank, potential starter in the future depending on development.
Round 5: DeQuan Menzie, CB
Starter at Corner for National Champion Alabama, dropping in draft because of poor 40 time (4.6), good size checking in at 206 lbs, can play safety and special teams. Replacement for Reggie Smith.
Round 6: Devon Wylie, WR
Speed demon, can play the slot on offense providing a deep threat the team largely lacks, also an excellent return man can backup Ginn or replace him if he does not return.
Round 7: Chaz Powell, DB, ST
Developmental player, killed the combine but only played one year on defense after switching from receiver. Potential player who can excel on special teams while learning the nuances of the position.

Depth Chart:
QB: Alex, Kap, Tolzien
RB: Gore, Hunter, Turbin
HB: Delainie
FB: Bruce
WR: Crab, Morgan, Jeffrey, Ginn, Wylie
TE: Davis, Egnew, Bynam
OL: Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Snyder, Davis, Boone, Kilgore, Brewster

DL: Cowboy, Ice, Ray Mac, RJF, Ian, Dobbs
LB: Aldon, Bow, Pat, Brooks, Parys, Grant*, Gooden, Constanzo
CB: Rogers, T. Brown, Cully, Brock
S: Whitner, Goldson, Menzie, Jones, Spillman

ST: K Akers, P Lee, LS Jennings

* If we tender Grant and keep him.
** 50 man roster leaving room for 3 players, rather FAs, unsigned guys, practice sqaud, preferably on defense as the draft was offensive heavy.
[ Edited by TheGoldStandard on Mar 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM ]
absolutely hate the jeffrey pick
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

+1
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Round 1: Alshon Jeffrey, WR

As Alshon Jeffery fanboy #1, I approve.
Worst mock draft I've ever seen!!!!
dont want anyone on my niners tean named chaz
i agree no thanks to jeffery.. and a TE in rd 2?? when we have VD, Delanie, and Byham on the roster? really??
Jeffery is TEH Sssuuxxooorrsss.....

Egnew I like. And he may be underrated.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

+1

This
Not bad. I'm not sold on Jeffery but the talent is there. You don't go in and dominate SEC defenses like he did. He'd get a lot more recognition if he had better QB play. His starter QB got kicked off the team early in the season. Like everyone else though, I'm really worried about his work ethic and his weight gain. He's young so he can shed pounds easy but when he gets a little older and he balloons up in the offseason it might not be so easy to shed those pounds.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Worst mock draft I've ever seen!!!!

Originally posted by Fricker:
i agree no thanks to jeffery.. and a TE in rd 2?? when we have VD, Delanie, and Byham on the roster? really??

Delainie with his 19 catches and 198 yards, Bynam with his 5 career catches for a whopping 27 yards coming off a season ending injury. Yes. We had the 30th ranked passing game the first two picks rectify that in short order. And as the depth chart showed Delainie would see more time as an all purpose H-Back, ala Chris Cooley.

For all the Jeffrey haters, *kanye shrug*, the same people were predicting he'd show up to the combine weighing 240, 250, even 270 lbs. He showed up at 216 and yet the weight watchers group persist, he dominated the SEC, has all the measurables, and top 10 talent at pick 30 at a position of huge need. I'm not one for unfounded rumors, he produced on the field and showed up to the combine ready to go, beyond that I'll leave the psych evaluations to those who actually interviewed with him, because its certainly not an on the field issue.
Jeffery is too slow. Still comes down to FA. Wallace will be worth the 1st round - proven talent.

I really like Turbin and I don't think he'll be there in the 4th.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Jeffery is too slow. Still comes down to FA. Wallace will be worth the 1st round - proven talent.

I really like Turbin and I don't think he'll be there in the 4th.

You think Wallace is worth the 1st and the big dollars it'd take to pry him away?