LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Mock Draft (Via FoxSports)

If the draft plays out like this, I hope that we either:

1. Get denver on the phone as soon as the Steelers made their pick and get a trade done.
2. Sit tight and trade out of #30 and Pick Randle a few picks later if possible or BPA...Poe?
3. Pick Rueben Randle at #30.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM ]
Terrible, if we see Fleener, Hill, Wright, and Konz all taken right ahead of us I'd be hella pissed. That draft is ungood for the 49ers.
This is one of the worst mocks i have ever seen.
I'm curious about the comments here. Why are people so angry at the prospect of drafting a possible shut-down corner? The Niners may lose Rodgers and with the pass-happy offense being in vogue, you need a good defensive backfield. The draft is deep with receivers and most of the top producers have been second and third round or lower picks. What's the problem here?
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
This would SUCK. I know nothing about Boykin so it's not about him. The Steelers grab Fleener, Houston gets Hill, Wright falls to the Patriots... The Rich get Richer on Offense. There can still be trades that happen in the back half of the draft. If things started to go like this I think we would be one of the teams to do so. Either trade out of the 1st because our guys got picked or, Baalke the aggressive, moves up to get his guy. Denver is a team at 25 that might want to trade back. We traded with them last year so maybe there is still good relations there. That would put us ahead for HIll or Wright in this scenario...

Just a thought...

We gave Denver a fourth also in 2010 so they would have the extra ammo to trade up and get their savior in the first so they owe us still!
ive been following brandon boykin for awhile and i think he is a really good CB that i would love....in the 2nd rd. Us taking him at 30th overall will a big reach. We might as well trade back into the 2nd and get a 3rd or 4th out of it. But we reached for Aldon last year and it was the best reach so if Baalke takes him there i am all for it.
I wouldnt mind boykin at all in a few seasons he will be recognized as the best corner in this draft. And hes also the perfect player for the slot he can go left or right and not lose any speed.
Originally posted by sean610:
I wouldnt mind boykin at all in a few seasons he will be recognized as the best corner in this draft. And hes also the perfect player for the slot he can go left or right and not lose any speed.

we definitely need a corner to cover the slot if rogers walks.
I like Boykins. A lot! But a 5'9" corner is rarely successful in the NFL. That size might be too much for him to overcome in covering 6'4" Fitzgerald
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'm curious about the comments here. Why are people so angry at the prospect of drafting a possible shut-down corner? The Niners may lose Rodgers and with the pass-happy offense being in vogue, you need a good defensive backfield. The draft is deep with receivers and most of the top producers have been second and third round or lower picks. What's the problem here?

may lose Rodgers

may lose Rodgers

may lose Rodgers

may lose Rodgers

may lose Rodgers

may lose Rodgers

may lose Rodgers

LMAO just reading the comments. there's truly nothing to say that hasnt been said. Trading back for more picks is the ONLY THING to do cause every single one of the players that have been deemed 1st rd worthy on this website are all gone in this scenario. though I hardly doubt that the draft goes this way. If Fleener is still on the board by #30, id trade back into the early 2nd and PRAY REALLY HARD that NYG does take him. and then we draft him and somebody else in the 2nd and get 2 3rd and draft a CB and OLB/OG then Robert Turbin in the 3rd( lol, clearly my draft crush) and fill depth everywhere else with the rest of the draft. Truly, all we have to lose is Fleener if we trade back..
i see #4 cleveland taking Blackmon .. no way if they are staying with Colt they dont finally give me a WR to throw to. So i see Blackmon going to Cleveland.. and then i see Ryan Tannehill stock rising.. and with Miami missing out on RG3 and Luck , they go with him at #7 if they dont try to trade down a little bit and doing it.
BC of his size Boykin might not even be on the 49er draft board....If the draft were to shake out that way, I'd take Dontari Poe. Our defensive line would be solidified regardless of who played where and who started. Then address our other needs later....Tannehill to Cleveland at 22 very well could happen. I liked alot of your projections, well done. Its alot harder to come up with a mock, then to bash someone else
drafting a CB especially boykins in that draft is a huge reach

i would consider talking randle there or trade down
I would also have a hard time believing that Poe would not go 1st round and that he would get by Denver. Denver needs a DT to go next to Bunkley when they play 43. Poe could also be the Nose Tackle when they play 34.
Share 49ersWebzone