Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post combine mock v1

1.) Colts - Andrew Luck, QB (Stanford)
2.) Browns - Robert Griffin III, QB (Baylor) - **trade w/STL**
3.) Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT (USC)
4.) Rams - Morris Claiborne, CB (LSU) - **trade w/CLE**
5.) Bucs - Dontari Poe, DT (Memphis)
6.) Redskins - Ryan Tannehill, QB (Texas A&M)
7.) Jacksonville - Justin Blackmon, WR (Oklahoma St.)
8.) Dolphins - Quinton Coples, DE (North Carolina)
9.) Panthers - Riley Reiff, OT (Iowa)
10.) Bills - Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB (South Carolina)
11.) Chiefs - Jonathan Martin, OT (Stanford)
12.) Seahawks - Nick Perry, DE (USC)
13.) Cardinals - David DeCastro, OG (Stanford)
14.) Cowboys - Dre' Kirkpatrick, CB (Alabama)
15.) Eagles - Luke Kuechly, MLB (Boston College)
16.) NY Jets - Michael Floyd, WR (Notre Dame)
17.) Bengals - Trent Richardson, RB (Alabama) - from OAK
18.) Chargers - Michael Brockers, DT (LSU)
19.) Bears - Kendall Wright, WR (Baylor)
20.) Titans - Courtney Upshaw, DE (Alabama)
21.) Bengals - Janoris Jenkins, CB (N. Alabama)
22.) Rams - Mike Adams, OT (Ohio St.) - trade w/CLE
23.) Lions - Peter Konz, OC (Wisonsin)
24.) Steelers - Cordy Glenn, OG (Georgia)
25.) Broncos - Devon Still, DT (Penn St.)
26.) Texans - Stephen Hill, WR (Georgia St.)
27.) Patriots - Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB (Illinois) - from N.O.
28.) Packers - Andre Branch, DE/OLB (Clemson)
29.) Ravens - Dont'a Hightower, ILB (Alabama)
30.) 49ers - Coby Fleener, TE (Stanford)
31.) Patriots - Fletcher Cox, DT (Miss. St.)
32.) NY Giants - Stephon Gilmore, CB (South Carolina)
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 1, 2012 at 11:15 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I agree, if Hill is gone Fleener has got to be the pick.
I know the Rams sucked major ass at CB last year but I just dont see them not drafting Blackmon to help Bradford.
Originally posted by mayo49:

This, If this plays out maybe we can get Randle in the 2nd

If we got Fleener and Randle id be like this

I agree that if Hill is on the board I would prefer him over Fleener...but what about Floyd? I'd have a harder time chosing...
Regarding WR, the Rams will have a very good shot at either Rueben Randle, Mohammed Sanu or Alshon Jeffrey in the early second, possibly even Kendall Wright if he drops. But if you look at their CB situation, even when healthy, they literally only have one quality NFL corner on their roster (Ron Bartell, who's decent) with Justin King being more of an OK nickel guy. The rest are no-names, so they REALLY need a quality CB and Claiborne would give them that.

Not to mention, the Rams will likely dip into free agency to sign a proven vet WR, and they'll be getting Danny Amendola back to team with talented youngsters like Brandon Gibson, Greg Salas, Austin Pettis and Denario Alexander. So even though they're inexperienced, the cupboard isn't totally bare at WR like it is CB.

Plus, Fisher is a defensive guy and former DB who's only taken 1 WR (Kevin Dyson) in the first in his years as a head coach, whereas he's gone DB 3 times (Michael Griffin, Pacman Jones and Andre Woolfork). Just thinking about talent deficiencies on their roster, talent grades in general and the guy who's picking.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM ]
Nice mock Ghost. My question would be about TB. How many draft picks can they possibly spend on the defensive line in consecutive years? I think they gotta get some play makers on offense or a DB.

And I can easily see the Rams taking Claiborne instead of Blackmon. I wouldn't ever draft a WR in the top 10 unless it's a Calvin Johnson/Fitzgerald type of prospect.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I know the Rams sucked major ass at CB last year but I just dont see them not drafting Blackmon to help Bradford.

Originally posted by lamontb:
Nice mock Ghost. My question would be about TB. How many draft picks can they possibly spend on the defensive line in consecutive years? I think they gotta get some play makers on offense or a DB.

And I can easily see the Rams taking Claiborne instead of Blackmon. I wouldn't ever draft a WR in the top 10 unless it's a Calvin Johnson/Fitzgerald type of prospect.

Great point, but whatever they've done in the past hasn't worked because they haven't gotten a true power player in the middle. They've picked 1-gap DTs like McCoy and Price early and DEs like Clayborn and Bowers, and they were still the worst rush defense in the league last year!!! That was really their downfall, teams just ran all day on them, which then opened up the pass opportunities.

Poe could be a dominating presence in the middle of their defense, allowing McCoy to more of a playmaker. Just makes sense in terms of talent/need/fit. Then again, the Bucs could go in a number of directions and do just fine especially if Claiborne is still there when they pick.

I just think they have to solve their main weakness (stopping the run) first before dealing with their secondary. There should be some solid CBs available in free agency for them too.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:22 PM ]
Well, at least we can say if we don't get Fleener when he's available, then Harbaugh knows something we don't and if we do get him, then Harbaugh probably told Baalke that he's a can't miss player. Either way, it will be a good pick or non-pick.
Nice pick for the Rams and I was truly going to go there in my next draft. Feel Claiborne is better for the Rams than Blackmon given the depth at WR in this draft. I also think that Hou will be taking something other than WR in the first, maybe Cox or SS Baron. Still, I can see Hill being the pick, too.

Great job!
Fleener or Stephen Hill in the 1st and I'll be a happy camper.
Totally agree on the Rams going Clairborn - very good CB are harder to get tthan very good WR.

I really like the Fleener pick more and more.
If we don't resign Rodgers, I'd take Gilmore over Fleener. At So. Carolina he held his own against best WR's in conference plus he's got the size Harbaugh seems to covet.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Great mock. I could see it falling that way. I trust the FO and believe that we'll get a quality stud at #30 regardless of who it is.

and this vid belongs in the Greatest Niner thread ever, i am literally
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Fleener or Stephen Hill in the 1st and I'll be a happy camper.

Agree