LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 135 users in the forums

Compensation picks??

Does anyone know what our compensation picks are for this year? I remember use releasing some solid players last year. Not sure if this was already posted but if so, handle it! Lol
I think Maiocco posted article about a month or so ago that said we werent gonna get any comp picks

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/No-compensatory-picks-expected-for-49ers?blockID=646198
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 28, 2012 at 2:50 PM ]
Matt Maiocco ‏ @MaioccoCSN
As anticipated, 49ers receive no compensatory draft picks. They hold steady with one selection in each round.
http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/3/26/2904083/2012-nfl-draft-compensation-picks-announced

This shows who got what pick and how many.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM ]
The Vikings got 2 4th's, Jets got 4 pics(2 6ths and 2 7ths). Looks like there were 30 picks normal comp picks, with just 2 non comp picks awarded. For thsoe two teams at top of draft(IND and STL).

Also note, Comp Pick Can NOT be traded.
Just a guess I wouldn't expect much next year either.

Moss and Cox don't count as gains because they were off the street. Re-signings don't count as gains I believe.

Lost: Morgan, Snyder, Costanzo
Gained: Mario Manningham, Rock Cartwright, Josh Johnson

How they play, if they start has a lot to do with it but a simple guess says Cartwright takes out Costanzo, Manningham takes out Morgan... might get something for Snyder because he was a starter and Johnson was a backup. Maybe a 6th or 7th???
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 26, 2012 at 1:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Moss and Cox don't count as gains because they were off the street. Re-signings don't count as gains I believe.

So Cartwright takes out Costanzo, Manningham takes out Morgan... might get something for Snyder because he was a starter and Johnson was a backup. Maybe a 6th or 7th???

Cartwright shouldn't count as he was a minmum salaried guy. Usually players with minimum salaries don't count against or for you.

Right now Manningham would cancel Morgan out, and Johsnon would cancel Costanzo out, based on contract and same type of status(WR and Backup). Snyder depended on play might net us a 5th, but likely a 6th or 7th.

So Cartwright takes out Costanzo, Manningham takes out Morgan... might get something for Snyder because he was a starter and Johnson was a backup. Maybe a 6th or 7th???

Sounds about right. If Snyder and Morgan get a lot of playing time we could be pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn't count on it.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Cartwright shouldn't count as he was a minmum salaried guy. Usually players with minimum salaries don't count against or for you.

Right now Manningham would cancel Morgan out, and Johsnon would cancel Costanzo out, based on contract and same type of status(WR and Backup). Snyder depended on play might net us a 5th, but likely a 6th or 7th.

Thanks AB... so Johnson was slightly above vet min right? What did Cartwight get 500k?
Also oakland will now have a 3rd, 4th and 5th rd pick thanks to the comp picks.

I'm guessing the way it went for them is.

Nnamdi= the 3rd
Gallery= the 4th
Miller= the 5th

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Sounds about right. If Snyder and Morgan get a lot of playing time we could be pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn't count on it.

If Morgan significantly out performs Manningham then we might add another 5th, 6th or 7th on top of Snyder's 5/6/7 if he does really well. Doesn't seem likely though... I'd expect everyone to cancel each other out except Snyder who gets us a 6 or 7th.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM ]
AB and others check out this link
http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/3/26/2904083/2012-nfl-draft-compensation-picks-announced

tells what picks everyone got, how many they got, who they gained and lost
no picks

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Thanks AB... so Johnson was slightly above vet min right? What did Cartwight get 500k?

Cartwright got 1yr 950K, which included league minimum of $925K and a $25K bonus, but he only counts $590K against the cap with the vet minimu credit.

Johnson's reason for counting is a 2yr deal. Anything above minimum or at least 2 years counts, as long as he was a UFA at end of season with a team, and not cut like others. Moss and Cox dont count since they didnt play in 2011. Also when you dont tender a player or rescind a players tender, they also don't count agsinst or for you in the formula.

We signed a few for 1 yr deals in 2011. Braylon, even though he was cut, he spent 16/17 weeks on the roster, Rogers, who got 1yr and 4.25M, then Whitner, Akers and Goodwin all signed 3 yr deals.

We lost LaBoy(2yr), Baas(4 or 5yr), Spikes(3yr), Lawson(1yr 3M) and Franklin(1yr). Had we cut Braylon earlier we would of gotten a 7th for LaBoy signing.

Whitner, Akers and Goodwin would eliminate Baas, Spikes and likely Franklin. then Rogers elminates Franklin, while LaBoy marked out by Braylon.
^ Thanks AB. Yeah, that's ok that we aren't getting comp picks. Means we are taking care of our own and any guys we do lose we are replacing them. 3rd, 4th and 5th round comp picks are nice like with the Raiders but Asomough, Miller, Gallery meant a lot more to the team than that.

P.S. Baas' deal was 5 year 27.5 mil
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone