There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Phoenix49ers Updated Post-Combine Mock Draft

Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Man....if both Fleener and Reyes are there at 30 (no sure thing), I'm gonna have to go with Fleener, just because he helps the team so much immediately.

However, if he is gone (Pittsburgh at 24?), then I'm all for trading down a few slots (is possible) and going after Reyes. This draft has nice depth in rounds 2-4 so getting an extra pick would be really nice.

why would we need another 3-4 DE?

ray mac and smith are both 3 down guys and good no need to get reyes especially when our biggest need is offensive playmakers

i agree if floyd hill fleener wright are not there we should trade down but going into draft (pending offseason) we have to go with our #1 need
All in all, it looks like we are trading our 1st round pick for two 3rd round picks and a round 5... no thanks.. a 1st round pick is worth more than that since you cancel out our 2nd and the one you got.. we can get more value
All in all, it looks like we are trading our 1st round pick for two 3rd round picks and a round 5... no thanks.. a 1st round pick is worth more than that since you cancel out our 2nd and the one you got.. we can get more value
I hope this means we draft Tom Brady in the 6th
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Marvin jones championship!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Man....if both Fleener and Reyes are there at 30 (no sure thing), I'm gonna have to go with Fleener, just because he helps the team so much immediately.

However, if he is gone (Pittsburgh at 24?), then I'm all for trading down a few slots (is possible) and going after Reyes. This draft has nice depth in rounds 2-4 so getting an extra pick would be really nice.

Why would we need another 3-4 DE?

ray mac and smith are both 3 down guys and good no need to get reyes especially when our biggest need is offensive playmakers

i agree if floyd hill fleener wright are not there we should trade down but going into draft (pending offseason) we have to go with our #1 need

Both R McDonald and J Smith played a lot of snaps this past season.... Smith, at age 32, played virtually every snap. For that reason alone, this team needs to add another quality DLman into the mix. McDonald has a history of knee issues and lately, some hamstring problems. IMHO, he is a rather old 28. Don't get me wrong....they are both great but much like Gore, they both also have quite a few miles on them.

The team does have RJF, who can play everywhere and is solid depth but the Niners need to get a young talent that they can plug right into that rotation and keep Mac and Smith fresh late in games and late in the season.

Cheers!
Both R McDonald and J Smith played a lot of snaps this past season.... Smith, at age 32, played virtually every snap. For that reason alone, this team needs to add another quality DLman into the mix. McDonald has a history of knee issues and lately, some hamstring problems. IMHO, he is a rather old 28. Don't get me wrong....they are both great but much like Gore, they both also have quite a few miles on them.

The team does have RJF, who can play everywhere and is solid depth but the Niners need to get a young talent that they can plug right into that rotation and keep Mac and Smith fresh late in games and late in the season.

Cheers!

I wouldn't mind taking a de I just don't want to slend our first pick on it especially wth our need ag wr
if we get wright or hill in first I wouldn't mind getting a DE in 2nd or 3rd