LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 319 users in the forums

Idaho's Mock Draft/Offseason

Sorry man - DO NOT like the draft/FA.

FA - If Buress and Royal are so good many teams would have signed them by now. Both are a bit better than average.
Since Rogers iisn't resigned, you don't have any FA CB. We'll then need to take one high in the draft

Draft - Really like Fleener
Alshon is just too slow - we can definitely do better
Brewster is a good pick

Trade - I am NOT a Crabtree fan BUT he made huge improvementts this season, especially as a blocker. Getting a 4th is not smart, IMO,and we could do better by keepinng him for another season to see if the improvements keep coming.
So get rid of Plax and Royal and insert Meachem

I don't think Brooks and Snyder will be retained

Don't mind the Crabs trade, he is leaving as soon as his contract is up anyway and would be nice to get something for him.

With the above changes, I would then love your draft, although I don't think Jeffery will last that long.
gross, I like crabtree
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rk1642:

Don't mind the Crabs trade, he is leaving as soon as his contract is up anyway and would be nice to get something for him.

With the above changes, I would then love your draft, although I don't think Jeffery will last that long.

soon? He has 3 more years with the final year being voidable.
I knew the Crabtree trade would be a sore spot, and i almost excluded it because of that, but personally i would take a 4th this year for crabs. I see him and Morgan filling the same role, and IMO Morgan is just simply beter and cheaper.

As far as Burress goes, He gives the club a chance at a tall redzone threat, that will be cheap. This club s not going after the big names at WR.

Eddie Royal Fills the need ginn leaves behind

I have us drafting a OG and C because while i think snyder will be back, i think it will probally be a two year deal or something like that. We have snyders replacment, and also have goodwins replacment.

I would like to hear some more people address the draft? The crabtree pic i understand is controversial.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Notable FA Signings:

Alex Smith-
Snyder
Brooks
Dashon Goldson
Joshua Morgan
Eddie Royal
Plaxico Burress

Trades:
Crabtree To Carolina for their 2012 4th round pick.

Draft:
1- Coby Fleener TE Stanford
2- Alshon Jefferey WR South Carolina
3- Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
4- (from Carolina) Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State
4- Omar Bolden CB ASU
5- Jack Crawford OLB Penn State
6- Elvis Akpla WR Montana State
7- Janzen Jackson FS McNeese State

discuss

• fan49
  • Veteran
We certainly dont have to take a TE, But taking Fleener allows harbaugh the freedom to work his offense out of the two TE set with two game changing TE's. WR becomes less of a concern, though still a glaring need.

Walker/byham/peele are not in the same league as Fleener, and walker will be gone after next season.

he can do that already with vd and walker, theres no way walkers getting pushed back. walker is wwwwaaaay more athletic and fleener has a weakness in blocking
So walker in your opinion is/will be a beter option in this offense than Fleener? Not realistic. Walker is largely overrated on these boards.

Jeferey i could see easily falling to the late second with the anticipation of Randle, and Hill leap frogging him on teams draft boards.
Also i Personally see Elvis Akpla as the sleeper of this draft at WR.

AT the start of the 2013 season the WR group looks like this...
Jefferey, Akpla, Morgan, Williams, Royal, rookie.
So Brooks is back, was right there. He was IMO the most important player to have back on this roster. SOOOO underrated on this board.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Walker is an H-Back, he is not a TE, IMO Walker is going to take over Moran Norris' spot as "Backup FB" but still play extensively as 3rd TE or split out wide. We do need another actual TE, Fleener is the best option for us.
Originally posted by sfout:

soon? He has 3 more years with the final year being voidable.

Thought is was only 2 years but I'm sure you are right.

Is it voidable by just the team or both parties?

I still say he leaves us when his contract is up. If he can void the last year, that means we have him for 2 more years. We will zero leverage with other teams if we wait to trade him until the last year of his contract - they will just wait.

I know most people like him more than I do.
Walker is an H-Back, he is not a TE, IMO Walker is going to take over Moran Norris' spot as "Backup FB" but still play extensively as 3rd TE or split out wide. We do need another actual TE, Fleener is the best option for us.

i feel the same way. Fleener IMO makes the most sense at #30 for this offense.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Thought is was only 2 years but I'm sure you are right.

Is it voidable by just the team or both parties?

I still say he leaves us when his contract is up. If he can void the last year, that means we have him for 2 more years. We will zero leverage with other teams if we wait to trade him until the last year of his contract - they will just wait.

I know most people like him more than I do.

just the team, voidable contracts only exist if the player does not meet certain criteria(% of snaps played, yards, INTS, TDs, FFs, games played, etc). players could theoretically intentionally suck the year before a voidable year and try and force a release but that is just plain dumb on their part.

i feel the same way. Fleener IMO makes the most sense at #30 for this offense.

Evan Rodriguez a TE out of Temple, he is a physical clone of Walker and he is being projected as H-Back in the nfl. Aaron Hernandez over in NE is an H-Back, he is more athletic then Walker though so I still hesitate to call him a H-back and not a TE.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM ]
To clraify my stance on crabtree....

I feel that crabtree and Morgan will esentially be the same WR within this offense. I personally see Morgan as the better WR. At the start of the 2013 season i just do not see a place for crabtree within this offense. He is expendable to me and i would get what i could for him now.

At the start of 2013 my WR corp looks something like

Jefferey, Morgan, Akpla, Williams, Royal, Rookie. I dont see a place for Crabtree. If we fail to bring Morgan back, which i see as highly unlikely than i would keep crabtree. Im not just trading him for the sake of trading him, though i dont like him as much as alot of people on this board.
Share 49ersWebzone