There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Idaho's Mock Draft/Offseason

Notable FA Signings:

Alex Smith-
Snyder
Brooks
Dashon Goldson
Joshua Morgan
Eddie Royal
Plaxico Burress

Trades:
Crabtree To Carolina for their 2012 4th round pick.

Draft:
1- Coby Fleener TE Stanford
2- Alshon Jefferey WR South Carolina
3- Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
4- (from Carolina) Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State
4- Omar Bolden CB ASU
5- Jack Crawford OLB Penn State
6- Elvis Akpla WR Montana State
7- Janzen Jackson FS McNeese State

discuss
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 28, 2012 at 2:42 AM ]
I'd rather keep Crabtree. Also I think with Vernon, Delanie and then Byham/Peele that our TE position is good enough so we don't have to use a 1st rounder on a TE.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'd rather keep Crabtree. Also I think with Vernon, Delanie and then Byham/Peele that our TE position is good enough so we don't have to use a 1st rounder on a TE.

We certainly dont have to take a TE, But taking Fleener allows harbaugh the freedom to work his offense out of the two TE set with two game changing TE's. WR becomes less of a concern, though still a glaring need.

Walker/byham/peele are not in the same league as Fleener, and walker will be gone after next season.
i wouldnt trade crabtree, he still has potential in my eyes. i also dont like the fleener pick. i wouldnt be upset if it actually happened, i just think we have other needs.
Trade Crabtree for a 4th?
Stopped reading at trades Crabtree
Originally posted by valrod33:
Trade Crabtree for a 4th?


Originally posted by solidg2000:
Stopped reading at trades Crabtree

lol the above... if you were to take the amount of times D Bowe has been targeted and put that into crabtree.. crabtree would have more YDS than Bowe. maybe not TD's but if your thinking numbers of yards crabtree has more.. we just werent pass happy this last year. Crabtrees better than most give him credit for he just dissappears during critical moments
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Stopped reading at trades Crabtree

This.
That wr corp would have the same problems the current one has. Nobody who can separate and get open. I mean who is the number 1 out of that bunch.
Yeah you are trading Crabtree and the draft sucks. Fleener will be available in round 2. If we want him we should move back.
I actually think the draft is great. Value with every pick. Yeah idk about Crabtree for a 4th. We should just keep him. He needs a real QB. Smith is highly overrated and had one par season. He didn't have as many picks bcuz he was too cautious with the ball. Crabtree was still out leading receiver haha it's not like Williams or Ginn had more receiving yards then him
If they re sign Snyder there is no way they use a 3rd round pick on a back up guard. Snyder plays back up Center as does Beeler, Stanford player on PS, so no way they use a 4th on a Center.

You have the niners losing their starting CB and not picking one until round 4??

Crabrtrees stats are good, people need to stop bagging on him and wanting to trade the most productive receiver the 9ers have had in years for a 4th round pick. Crazy talk.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,030
for serious this is a awesome mock but the crabtree trade is terrible.

Originally posted by 9erred:
If they re sign Snyder there is no way they use a 3rd round pick on a back up guard. Snyder plays back up Center as does Beeler, Stanford player on PS, so no way they use a 4th on a Center.

You have the niners losing their starting CB and not picking one until round 4??

Crabrtrees stats are good, people need to stop bagging on him and wanting to trade the most productive receiver the 9ers have had in years for a 4th round pick. Crazy talk.

Widely known that the FO thinks Cully can start and Brock can be the Nickel CB. Bolden could compete against Curtis Holcomb for the #4 spot.


Originally posted by SundayTicket:
lol the above... if you were to take the amount of times D Bowe has been targeted and put that into crabtree.. crabtree would have more YDS than Bowe. maybe not TD's but if your thinking numbers of yards crabtree has more.. we just werent pass happy this last year. Crabtrees better than most give him credit for he just dissappears during critical moments

Yay for both of these quotes being intelligent about Crabtree. Trading Crabtree with 3 years stil left on his ROOKIE deal is madness, especially when you take into account that he has gotten better every year, also the fact that much like Alex's issues of a string of OCs, Crabtree is on his 3rd(or 4th?) OC and system(if VD has publicly declared issues with the playbook I wouldn't be surprised at all if the other WRs and TEs had issues with it as well). He is trending upward and if we just get another WR to take pressure of him and VD he will flourish.

Other then the Crabtree trade I love this mock. IMO Jeffery wont be there at 60(unless he runs a 4.7).
talking head rankings with my guess at their pick range right now.
Blackmon(top 5)
Floyd(top 15)
Wright(top 30)
Hill(top 30 according to the buzz)
Randle(top 40)
Jeffery(top 45)
Sanu(top 60)

EDIT: didn't see the Burress signing, that is one thing I do not like.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM ]
Sorry man - DO NOT like the draft/FA.

FA - If Buress and Royal are so good many teams would have signed them by now. Both are a bit better than average.
Since Rogers iisn't resigned, you don't have any FA CB. We'll then need to take one high in the draft

Draft - Really like Fleener
Sorry man - DO NOT like the draft/FA.

FA - If Buress and Royal are so good many teams would have signed them by now. Both are a bit better than average.
Since Rogers iisn't resigned, you don't have any FA CB. We'll then need to take one high in the draft

Draft - Really like Fleener
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home