LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Tico's 1st RD Mock + other rounds for SF

Replace green with a wide out please, otherwise it's real nice depending on what happens in FA.
Nice thoughts but it seems I havent changed picks much from end the season. I still say:
Coby Fleener
Doug Martin
Derek Wolfe
Stephen Hill
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
If we lose Brooks we will need an olb.

Perry is good for our system?

We've got Parys to replace Brooks. We need a WR more.

If Brooks leaves we need to address OLB early. WR/OLB with the first two picks in no specific order would be great. OG in the third
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:

If Brooks leaves we need to address OLB early. WR/OLB with the first two picks in no specific order would be great. OG in the third

Agreed.
A WR in the 3rd would be great instead the TE, great work
First, Brooks is gone in this scenario and we land a top FA WR like VJax. We resign most of our guys including Rogers, franchise Goldson.

I would have loved to pick up the RB from Boise St. in the second, but I don't think he falls. Zietler is a very nice consolation prize, IMO.

I can see a run on the tweeners at the end of rd 1 where we may just not get a Mercilus, Branch or Perry. If that is the case, it would come down to S. Hill or C. Fleener if available with Fleener being ahead because of his knowledge and experience with Harbaugh's system. Stick him in and call it a day. S. Hill, although has killer speed, is a work in progress and would need some time to be as productive as Fleener, IMO.

More and more, I would love to see Fleener in Red n Gold. I think he can be that RZ target we need, better than Edwards for sure. I hope we land a burner too.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Linebacker at #30?

He is a DE who will convert to OLB at #30. A risk pick as one never knows how they will play out. I would prefer to re sign Brooks to a cap friendly deal and draft Fleener or Wright at 30. I love the Turbin pick, but you will need to go higher than round 5 for him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They said Perry is a weakside 4-3 DE.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
wouldn't ladarius green be taken already?

Eh, it's hard for me to envision him being taken earlier than the 3rd round. He's just not versatile enough at this point.
Originally posted by ninertico:

30 SF N. Perry OLB/DE USC
RD2--Kevin Zeitler, OG Wisconsin
RD3--Ladarius Green, TE La-Lafayette
RD4--Joe Adams, WR/KR/PR,
--Robert Turbin, RB, Utah St.

There you is!

Very nice. Give us Robert Meachem in FA and I'm ecstatic.

Originally posted by susweel:

Per KFFL

Southern California defensive end Nick Perry will likely be selected as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the 2012 NFL Draft. He finished the 2011 season with 9.5 sacks and 54 total stops on his way to being a finalist for the Hendricks Award (nation's best defensive end). Read more: http://www.kffl.com/a.php/129859/nfl-draft/2012-NFL-Draft-Scouting-Report--Nick-Perry--DE-OLB--USC#ixzz1nhZHawkh
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Very nice. Give us Robert Meachem in FA and I'm ecstatic.

Thanks Oldman!

I'm liking our chances for upgrading our receiving core this year while adding some critical depth at most other positions. If we land Meachem, I can see us going after Fleener at #30, too. Still, Perry at #30 would be awesome to pair with young Aldon and Perry could come in on 3rd downs just like Aldon, too, to give us some serious rotation at OLB this next year.

I like Fleener because of how well he would transition to the progame especially under his old coach, Harbaugh. There would be minimal learning curve and he could immediately contribute. I bet Fleener would get more snaps than any other first rounder we choose except for maybe Glenn if he drops, but he won't. I see Fleener and Davis being nightmares for LBs, Ss and CBs alike. Then add Walker, wow! We can run or pass in that 3-TE formation. And Walker is a FA next year so having some insurance is a wise choice, IMO.
Originally posted by 9erred:

Per KFFL

Southern California defensive end Nick Perry will likely be selected as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the 2012 NFL Draft. He finished the 2011 season with 9.5 sacks and 54 total stops on his way to being a finalist for the Hendricks Award (nation's best defensive end). Read more: http://www.kffl.com/a.php/129859/nfl-draft/2012-NFL-Draft-Scouting-Report--Nick-Perry--DE-OLB--USC#ixzz1nhZHawkh

Nothin' but luv for ya, Sus...nothin' but luv.
Originally posted by YungAce:

Well, that's not going to happen now...

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
49ers deep in talks with LB Ahmad Brooks. Deal expected soon in range of 5 years/$35M. He's 1 of many key free agents on D#insideslant

I would rather keep Brooks!!! Very happy doin' happy dance
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9erred:

Per KFFL

Thats not what the NFL Network boys said.
Share 49ersWebzone