LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Rams to trade #2 pick

Now we know why Harbaugh interviewed Robert Griffin III.
ugh the rams are so lucky they fell on that spot...they could get a big ransom Im a little worried with how much talent they are going to get from this draft
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
This, its gonna be the whole Peyton Manning vs Ryan Leaf thing all over again. Andrew Luck= Peyton Manning

I think Luck could end up a worse pro than Griffin....
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
ugh the rams are so lucky they fell on that spot...they could get a big ransom Im a little worried with how much talent they are going to get from this draft

All the players they get will be busts.
Id rather they trade down and not get Blackmon or Kalil.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

No it was to talk about Kendall Wright dude . We would have to give STL our whole draft this year+probably a 1 and 3 next year considering how low we pick. That would cripple our team dude. Hell no. I love RG3's skills, but we don't know he'll be good. I'm pretty confident he will, and he has all world talent, but it's still not a guarantee and we would cripple our team doing that.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

No it was to talk about Kendall Wright dude . We would have to give STL our whole draft this year+probably a 1 and 3 next year considering how low we pick. That would cripple our team dude. Hell no. I love RG3's skills, but we don't know he'll be good. I'm pretty confident he will, and he has all world talent, but it's still not a guarantee and we would cripple our team doing that.

LOL I was being a smartass. <3
Originally posted by 5280High:
Of course they were going to trade it. They can't trade Bradford because of the cap hit they'd take, and they're not going to keep it. This isn't even a rumor, it's friggin obvious lol. RG3 is gonna be legit though, I honestly feel like anyone thinking he'll be a bust is insane. He is insanely talented.

Dont think he will be a bust talentwise, and he is definitly a class act. But his style of play leads to some big hits, and Im not entirely sold he will consistently play out more than a season due to injuries. Definitly see one or two amazing years from him, but athletic QB's aren't "cutting edge" any more like when Vick first walked in the league and defenses have adjusted. That on top of the hits he most likely will take, and at the end of his first contract my guess is there will be a debate about whether he justified where he was picked due to injuries not allowing him on the field.

That's entirely possible. Also when comparing to Vick though, keep in mind he's taller and stronger than Vick by like 1 inch and 10-15 lbs. He's athletic but he doesn't run that much for a QB with his skills, he is mainly a passer and he has an amazing arm. He's like if you gave Aaron Rodgers Mike Vick's athleticism. But it stilll has to translate over to the NFL, and Luck is still probably a little better.

BTW also to anyone thinking we were talking to him to trade for STL's pick, they would never give us RG3. They will ship him out of the division luckily I guess.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Paul:
This, its gonna be the whole Peyton Manning vs Ryan Leaf thing all over again. Andrew Luck= Peyton Manning

I think Luck could end up a worse pro than Griffin....

How so??
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
No way we get him but that guy is pretty dam sharp, his segment on NFL network with Mooch was impressive, kinda similar to Gruden camp.

LOL I was being a smartass. <3

I dont watch college ball often, but when i went through highlights of him while me and my buddys worked on part of my house it was ridiculous the type of arm he has and how quickly and accurately it is thrown... 50 yards down the field and it looks like he never even took a throwing motion, just looks like it came out of a football machine

Rams bout to really turn around their franchise with this trade
Originally posted by lamontb:

As long as Bradford is their QB they will never be good
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
RG3 in the classroom with Mariucci
  • dwett
  • Veteran

It could. I think it hurts the Rams that FA will happen before the draft. The three trade partners that can really afford to move up are Cleveland, Miami, and Washington. What happens if Manning and Flynn end up in Washington and Miami. Now if you are Cleveland, why would you give up the farm for the number two spot. If you stay put RG3 could be there. If he is not I got to think Blackmon will be there at 4. You could then draft Tannehill with your other first round pick.

A lot of things can still happen. I thought the Rams were dumb for stating they would trade the pick. Why not simply say that you are looking at all options including staying put and using the pick. Just adds more value to the spot.
  • mike
  • Veteran

As long as Bradford is their QB they will never be good
idk about that, he has no receivers, at least we have VD they don't even have that. Even with an injury last year, he's had a way better start to his young career than alex had lol.

They're still far from catching us especially once we add some receivers, but they can make some serious ground with a healthy team and all of these picks they'll get.
Share 49ersWebzone