There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JamesGatz83 Mock #1 (2/26/12)

1. Coby Fleener - TE... Stanford
Won't be popular with the we-need-a-WR-at-all-costs crowd, but I think the addition of Fleener does more for our offense right away than any other available player.

2. Andre Branch - OLB... Clemson (Kendall Reyes - DT... UConn)
Could go anywhere from the late 1st to the late 2nd. I think he falls. If he does, he provides a replacement for Brooks or valuable depth at a position in need. If he doesn't fall, we go with Kendall Reyes, who would provide depth at another position in need.

3. Marvin McNutt - WR... Iowa
Very physical and highly productive. I think we address WR (if not Morgan, Wayne?) and KR (if not Ginn, Royal?) via free agency, but we still need to upgrade the depth chart.

4. Miles Burris - OLB... San Diego State
Need more depth at OLB, as I have a feeling either Haralson or Brooks won't be back.

5. Marvin Jones - WR... California
Could go higher based on a solid combine, but many sites have him in the 5th round range. Solid, steady, productive football player. Another attempt at upgrading the depth chart at WR. Let's hope we never see Brett Swain and Joe Hastings running routes in red and gold ever again.

6. Blake DeChristopher - OT... Virginia Tech
Excellent run blocker, poor pass protector. Could be moved inside to OG, but mostly a depth guy. OL becomes a much bigger priority if we don't sign Snyder or a replacement, but again, I think we do one or the other.

7. Cliff Harris - CB... Oregon
Major knucklehead, which is why he's available this late but might also cause us to steer clear. Solid CB and dynamic return man. CB becomes a much bigger priority if we don't sign Rogers or a replacement, but I think we do one or the other.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM ]
i like it as long as we pick up a good FA WR to go with it

Ive been very high on andre branch lately cuz that guy is a complete beast and he sheds blocks so well. He would make our LB corps the scariest in the league

i would also like cliff harris at the end if he is available bc a 7th is low risk and even if he doesnt pan out at CB (which i think he is very good at) he can be strictly a returner. Vernon davis will slap him silly if he gets outta line
dont think a branch will fall to our 2nd pick
I think the sites that still have Jones in the 5th haven't updated in a while.

I am cool with Fleener in the first, and have been on that wagon for a while, but I am a little shocked, based on your other posts, that you didn't grab Hill at 30

I don't know anything about DeChristopher, but I think any OL (with possible exception of G) have a good chance of winding up as TC fodder.

I don't think the team would be scared off by Harris, as Harbaugh openly stated that he could forgive anything except beating a woman. Harris doesn't beat women, does he? Seems worth the late selection.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Wouldn't be mad with Fleener, we already ran a lot of two te sets. I bet they would even run 3 with Walker
the "many sites" you refer to having Marvin Jones as a 5th rounder aren't really up to date, it isn't happening.

I don't necessarily think WR needs to be the pick in the 1st round, but I'm definitely not on the TE bandwagon, the concept of it has been overplayed when we actually are pretty set at the position

Branch just isn't going to last to 'til the 62nd overall pick.

I'd consider DeChristopher a wasted pick to be honest
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I think the sites that still have Jones in the 5th haven't updated in a while.

I am cool with Fleener in the first, and have been on that wagon for a while, but I am a little shocked, based on your other posts, that you didn't grab Hill at 30

I don't know anything about DeChristopher, but I think any OL (with possible exception of G) have a good chance of winding up as TC fodder.

I don't think the team would be scared off by Harris, as Harbaugh openly stated that he could forgive anything except beating a woman. Harris doesn't beat women, does he? Seems worth the late selection.
It's not that I don't like it, I do, I just have my doubts about a few of the players being available where we're picking
Need Stephen Hill in the first doe
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

oooooooooooooo, you're gonna get it!
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

oooooooooooooo, you're gonna get it!
HILL #1 pick all the way. fleener will be around in second. no way in hell we should wait til the 3rd for a wr we need to start day 1
[ Edited by fan49 on Feb 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM ]

You're about to get called "Al Davis".....................
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You're about to get called "Al Davis".....................

LOL. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was about to include Stephen Hill at #30 but remembered that I don't pleasure myself to digits on a stopwatch... unless I'm really desperate.

P.S. You're all a bunch of Al Davis-wannabe's.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM ]