LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

quickie 4rd mock

Just a first crack 4 round mock

This is a mock that considers that we don't spend the big bucks on a FA WR.

1st Rd.) Alshon Jeffery (wr) - falls to us for whatever reason - seems to be alot lately- and we grab a legit big target (redzone) threat.

2nd Rd.) Lavonte David (olb) - We let Brooks go in FA (too much money) so we get his replacement.

3rd Rd.) Michael Egnew (TE) - great potential pass catching TE threat and takes heat off of Vernon when on the field at the same time.

4th Rd.) Devon Wylie (wr) - Really like this guys quickess and speed. See him as our Welker, picking up key 3rd downs!
Jeffery. Nah. I'll pass.
i like jeffery a lot but i want to wait till his pro day before we get him
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lavonte David as a replacement for Brooks? David is a prototypical 4-3 WLB who can run and cover as well as play the run. He is not a pass rushing/hold the edge 3-4 OLB. Like the Wylie pick, but it may be a little early for him. Jeffery is still a question mark because he hasn't run yet. He passed the eyeball test and came to the Combine in shape, but his speed is still in question.
Agree with the above posts. On the whole, I would be pretty happy... but David just seems like a 4-3 WLB to me.

( though I did say the same for Bowman )
Originally posted by rk1642:
Just a first crack 4 round mock

This is a mock that considers that we don't spend the big bucks on a FA WR.

1st Rd.) Alshon Jeffery (wr) - falls to us for whatever reason - seems to be alot lately- and we grab a legit big target (redzone) threat.

2nd Rd.) Lavonte David (olb) - We let Brooks go in FA (too much money) so we get his replacement.

3rd Rd.) Michael Egnew (TE) - great potential pass catching TE threat and takes heat off of Vernon when on the field at the same time.

4th Rd.) Devon Wylie (wr) - Really like this guys quickess and speed. See him as our Welker, picking up key 3rd downs!

1) Jeffery - not the type of WR the Niners need. Need more speed
2) David would be good if the Niners played a 4-3
3) Bigger needs than a TE
4) Id look at him maybe in the 5th

Overall.. nope
I hate all 4 picks....
My two cents:

1. I like Jeffery, but he probably won't be the BPA at #30 if his stock keeps falling.

2. David is a nice player, but doesn't fit in a 3-4.

3. Egnew is interesting, but he also probably doesn't fit with us since he's never put his hand on the ground in Mizzou's spread. He's basically a WR. We need TEs who can block.

4. I wouldn't take Wylie higher than the 5th.
I know alot of people think Jeffery is falling and will drop out of the 1sr rd but I don't think Trent gives a rats ass what others think. The guy has the size and has super hands. Speed will be an issue to be sure but don't think we would look for him to be our burner type.

Maybe wrong on David but I think he is super athletic. Another possible guy here is Ronnell Lewis but he may be gone?

Wylie will not last as long as people think and if you want a guy you gotta go get him. How many times on 3rd down this year did we need an easy catch for a 1st down, yet not have a single guy get seperation? A quick guy that seperates is a very valuable addition to any team.

I would bet huge bucks we pick up a te in the top 3 rounds of this draft. Unless Conrad is coming along and Jim sees him as a starter opposite of Vernon.
I know alot of people think Jeffery is falling and will drop out of the 1sr rd but I don't think Trent gives a rats ass what others think. The guy has the size and has super hands. Speed will be an issue to be sure but don't think we would look for him to be our burner type.

Maybe wrong on David but I think he is super athletic. Another possible guy here is Ronnell Lewis but he may be gone?

Wylie will not last as long as people think and if you want a guy you gotta go get him. How many times on 3rd down this year did we need an easy catch for a 1st down, yet not have a single guy get seperation? A quick guy that seperates is a very valuable addition to any team.

I would bet huge bucks we pick up a te in the top 3 rounds of this draft. Unless Conrad is coming along and Jim sees him as a starter opposite of Vernon.

Lots of questions about Jeffrey that still need to be answered. He lost weight, but did he lose strength?

Ronnell Lewis would be a much better pick than David because he could rush the passer.

You may be right on Wylie.

TE is a need but Egnew is more of an H-Back/move guy, not an inline TE that would work best in the Niners offense. Walker already fills that role on the roster.

It isnt that Trent cares what others think. Its about what type of WR is the best for the Niners to compliment Crabtree. Jefferies isnt that type of WR. Someone with elite speed and who can stretch the field would be much better. As for David.. yes he is super athletic and will be a nice 2nd rd pick for a team like New Orleans that needs 4-3 OLBs.
I don't like Jeffery in the 1st. His stock is falling, and he can be had in the 2nd. There will be better players available when we pick.

Lavonte David is a small LB even by 4-3 standards. He doesn't fit a 3-4 at all. Strictly a 4-3 weakside LB.

Michael Egnew is an ok prospect, but is a reach in the 3rd. There will be better players on the board at that point.

I like Wylie a lot, but 4th round is too high. Get him in rounds 5-7 and I'm happy.
Share 49ersWebzone