LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 334 users in the forums

*** OFFICIAL *** Pro-Day News, Discussion, and Complete Schedule

03/23/12 - LB Shea McClellin quietly wowed scouts at Boise State's Pro Day. After scouting McClellin primarily as a defensive end over his Boise State career, I came away very impressed with his ability to drop back and play outside linebacker during the Senior Bowl. McClellin, who weighed in at 257 pounds Thursday, was asked to perform in defensive line and linebacker drills and was "fantastic" in both. Speaking to several talent evaluators at Stanford's workout about McClellin, specifically, I'm getting the impression that he could be one of this year's surprise risers. In fact, there are some who believe McClellin could even crack the first round. --Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
03/23/12 - LB Shea McClellin quietly wowed scouts at Boise State's Pro Day. After scouting McClellin primarily as a defensive end over his Boise State career, I came away very impressed with his ability to drop back and play outside linebacker during the Senior Bowl. McClellin, who weighed in at 257 pounds Thursday, was asked to perform in defensive line and linebacker drills and was "fantastic" in both. Speaking to several talent evaluators at Stanford's workout about McClellin, specifically, I'm getting the impression that he could be one of this year's surprise risers. In fact, there are some who believe McClellin could even crack the first round. --Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Flashbacks of Brooks Reed come to mind when looking at McClellin. I have him going in the 2nd round right now, same spot Reed went.
Wanted to touch on the Houston Pro Day. Don't think it was mentioned.

My guess is Patrick Edwards will go undrafted, despite his production at Houston. He is a midget, and did not time well at all. OLB Sammy Brown, however, did.

WR Patrick Edwards (5-9 172) - 4.59 forty, 33-inch vertical, 9-10" broad jump, 7.12 three-cone time.
OLB Sammy Brown (6-2 243) - 4.63 forty, 37-inch vertical, 9-6" broad jump, 7.13 three-cone time.

I project Brown as a great 4-3 pass-rushing OLB who could be very good once honed and developed. Has great tools and was extremely productive. Solid 6th rounder who could go sooner with a team that loves the upside.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Flashbacks of Brooks Reed come to mind when looking at McClellin. I have him going in the 2nd round right now, same spot Reed went.

not really a big fan of McClellin. Just didn't impress me when I watched him play.

My 3-4 OLB that will go earlier then people expect is Chandler Jones from Syracuse. I see him being able to play a very similar role to Aldon Smith and developing into a linebacker. I think Jones is a really tough matchup for lineman because Jones has crazy long arms and plays with exceptional leverage. And I know his combine bench press wasn't anything to get excited about, but on film he does show the ability to bull rush tackles pretty effectively.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

not really a big fan of McClellin. Just didn't impress me when I watched him play.

My 3-4 OLB that will go earlier then people expect is Chandler Jones from Syracuse. I see him being able to play a very similar role to Aldon Smith and developing into a linebacker. I think Jones is a really tough matchup for lineman because Jones has crazy long arms and plays with exceptional leverage. And I know his combine bench press wasn't anything to get excited about, but on film he does show the ability to bull rush tackles pretty effectively.

McShay I believe had Jones going in the first round at some point. Also have him tabbed for the mid 2nd.
Alshon Jeffery's pro day is today.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Tomorrow, the 28th.

Tomorrow, the 28th.

Last night, NFLN said it was going to be today. Stupid NFLN

Tomorrow, the 28th.

Maybe it was after midnight.

The 29th, S Mark Barron and RB Trent Richardson will work out.

One note that I should also mention, regarding pro days. CB Chase Minnifield continues to fall. Not only did he weigh in way smaller than expected, he only ran in the mid 4.6 range for his pro day.

5-10 183 4.60 and only 7 reps on the bench is going to seriously hurt your stock.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 27, 2012 at 9:36 AM ]

Tomorrow, the 28th.

One note that I should also mention, regarding pro days. CB Chase Minnifield continues to fall. Not only did he weigh in way smaller than expected, he only ran in the mid 4.6 range for his pro day.

5-10 183 4.60 and only 7 reps on the bench is going to seriously hurt your stock.

Kolohe will still want him

Tomorrow, the 28th.

wow, thats quite a shocker. On tape, he looks way better than that. Hard to ignore those ugly numbers though

Tomorrow, the 28th.

wow, thats quite a shocker. On tape, he looks way better than that. Hard to ignore those ugly numbers though

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but players perceived as short, slow, and weak do not carry much value in the NFL. I want to keep him in the 3rd round, but I'm not sure if I can continue to have him there.
We'll need to see what the rest of Jeffery's workout numbers are, but so far, he has matched a lot of Michael Floyd's.

MICHAEL FLOYD

40 time: 4.47
Broad Jump: 10'2"
Bench: 16 reps
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Shuttle: DID NOT RUN
3-cone: DID NOT RUN

ALSHON JEFFERY
40 time: 4.47-4.55
Broad Jump: 10'2"
Bench: ?
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Shuttle: ?
3-cone: ?

Tomorrow, the 28th.

Man what is going on with this guy i'm not all about measurables at all but damn small, weak, and slow, makes me question his work ethic.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Tomorrow, the 28th.

Kolohe will still want him

Hellz yeah!!!!

Better for us if he drops, I'd definitely take him in the 3rd-4th round no doubt. Dude can play and hes not afraid of contact he'll light it up in run support. I think he'd make a solid 3rd CB.
Share 49ersWebzone