There are 202 users in the forums

*** OFFICIAL *** Pro-Day News, Discussion, and Complete Schedule

Gladd to hear Rishard Matthews ran a better 40. Had him as my sleeper WR at the start of the year I happened to watch him play against Boise State last year, and man is that guy talented.
Robert Griffin pro day.

Originally posted by saniner:
Robert Griffin pro day.

That was a sweet grab by Kendall
Originally posted by oldman9er:
an informative site on plenty of Pro Day action missed and recently completed...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/03/01/pro.days/index.html?sct=nfl_t2_a18

Definitely one of the better sites.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
an informative site on plenty of Pro Day action missed and recently completed...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/03/01/pro.days/index.html?sct=nfl_t2_a18

Definitely one of the better sites.

Yep. Have been checking in on this one and a few others. Really impressed to hear Fleener ran a 4.45 apparently today. Anything better than 4.6 and I can't see us passing him up. Delanie "I drop passes in critical situations half the time" Walker would see the writing on the wall with this pick and should know he probably wouldn't be back after this season.

However, that time may mean another team trades up.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/03/inside-the-49ers/te-coby-fleener-runs-unofficial-4-45-40-yard-dash-at-stanford-pro-day-niners-draft-him/

Another note, CB Leonard Johnson (Iowa State) improved his forty to the mid 4.5's which helps a bit from the 4.71 he posted at Indy. Should put him back in the third round.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yep. Have been checking in on this one and a few others. Really impressed to hear Fleener ran a 4.45 apparently today. Anything better than 4.6 and I can't see us passing him up. Delanie "I drop passes in critical situations half the time" Walker would see the writing on the wall with this pick and should know he probably wouldn't be back after this season.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/03/inside-the-49ers/te-coby-fleener-runs-unofficial-4-45-40-yard-dash-at-stanford-pro-day-niners-draft-him/

Another note, CB Leonard Johnson (Iowa State) improved his forty to the mid 4.5's which helps a bit from the 4.71 he posted at Indy. Should put him back in the third round.

uh oh OTC, are you relying on 40 times to move guys up or down on the draft board
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

uh oh OTC, are you relying on 40 times to move guys up or down on the draft board

Only if it's a significant factor. Like a player projected to run a 4.4 (like Johnson) and clocks a 4.7. Or Burfict (4.5 to 5.1) Naturally, teams will want to know if it's a fluke. The player will take an initial fall, and move back up if they can improve.

Fleener sounds like Walker when he came out, fast with good receiving skills but can't block that well. Harbaugh uses 3 TE's so he would round out that group nicely with a bit of work on inline blocking.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Fleener sounds like Walker when he came out, fast with good receiving skills but can't block that well. Harbaugh uses 3 TE's so he would round out that group nicely with a bit of work on inline blocking.

Walker was a WR in college, if I remember correctly. Plus Walker is 6'0-6'1'', compared to 6'6''. I don't see the comparison, but Fleener with his height and wingspan should make him a much better blocker with practice.
Does anyone have any information on WR Dale Moss from SDSU? He had a great pro day and has played only 1 year of football.

Fleener can block.

Fleener can block.

27 bench reps shows he also has the strength to block really well.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Fleener can block.

27 bench reps shows he also has the strength to block really well.

Chilo benched more...and we know how that worked out
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dblj55:
Does anyone have any information on WR Dale Moss from SDSU? He had a great pro day and has played only 1 year of football.

I started a thread on him. It has information and links.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/164629-use-late-round-pick-draft-moss/
Really want to see what Alshon Jeffery runs. I hope he runs good so that he makes it back into the first round and gets pushed back ahead of Stephen Hill so that hopefully Hill will be there when we pick.
Share 49ersWebzone