There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** OFFICIAL *** Pro-Day News, Discussion, and Complete Schedule

I think any position is a possibility in round one.

If Poe falls, we could take him. We could also add another DL as a DE for the rotation because of Tukuafu being strictly a solid back-up, like RJF, and McDonald being an injury risk, and of course Justin Smith (who is aging) being a FA in a couple years.

I would have no problem taking any of the top DL, a WR like Wright or Hill, an OL like Konz (we BADLY need a C to replace Goodwin and a RG too to compete with Kilgore), or another OLB in the rotation to eventually replace Parys.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think any position is a possibility in round one.

If Poe falls, we could take him. We could also add another DL as a DE for the rotation because of Tukuafu being strictly a solid back-up, like RJF, and McDonald being an injury risk, and of course Justin Smith (who is aging) being a FA in a couple years.

I would have no problem taking any of the top DL, a WR like Wright or Hill, an OL like Konz (we BADLY need a C to replace Goodwin and a RG too to compete with Kilgore), or another OLB in the rotation to eventually replace Parys.

DT, WR, C/G, or OLB

Let the chips fall where they may!
Baylor today. It'll be interesting to see if KW's 40 improves (I imagine it will). Stanford tomorrow I don't know if I mentioned it, but I would be interested in taking a look at Fleener.
Results from Arizona pro day: CB Golden does well, Criner does little, and Foles does terrible...

Quote:
Defensive back Robert Golden ran well, posting a best 40 that will read somewhere around 4.46 seconds. The versatile secondary prospect lined up at both cornerback and safety for Arizona and is considered a sleeper of sorts. Golden posted a vertical jump of 37.5 inches, then looked solid in ball drills, displaying a quick backpedal and the ability to flip his hips when switching from his backpedal to moving forwards. He was not invited to the combine, but looks like a late-round choice at this point.


http://arizona.sbnation.com/2012/3/21/2889280/nfl-draft-2012-nick-foles-quarterbacks
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Baylor today. It'll be interesting to see if KW's 40 improves (I imagine it will). Stanford tomorrow I don't know if I mentioned it, but I would be interested in taking a look at Fleener.
Reports have K. Wright running a 4.43 today on a fast surface. Probably adjusted to 4.48. Good comeback time.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,887
Interested in seeing the results from RG3000's Pro Day.



Matt Miller ‏ @nfldraftscout
Talking to folks who were at the Baylor Pro Day, #RG3 dominated, again. Believe there are serious talks in #Colts FO about who to draft.


yea pro day are taken with a major grain of salt in my opinion. everybody looks perfect
Originally posted by jreff22:
Matt Miller ‏ @nfldraftscout
Talking to folks who were at the Baylor Pro Day, #RG3 dominated, again. Believe there are serious talks in #Colts FO about who to draft.



They'd be dumb to not talk about it, Luck is gonna be the pick unless he blows his knee out between now and the draft
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Baylor today. It'll be interesting to see if KW's 40 improves (I imagine it will). Stanford tomorrow I don't know if I mentioned it, but I would be interested in taking a look at Fleener.
Reports have K. Wright running a 4.43 today on a fast surface. Probably adjusted to 4.48. Good comeback time.

But MD, haven't you heard? He's slow and tiny. I mean, that 5-10 196 thickness means he's a creampuff out there.
Luke Kuechly reportedly had a great pro day. Kid is a top 15 lock. Monster production at BC + Monster Measurables at Combine + Only 20 years old (i.e. monster upside) = Top 15 pick. Currently have him going to Seattle at 12.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
But MD, haven't you heard? He's slow and tiny. I mean, that 5-10 196 thickness means he's a creampuff out there.

His head sure looks like a creampuff.

Wright looked pretty solid yesterday. Probably put him back in that top 20 consideration.
Reports are coming out from LSU than Rueben Randle ran a tenth faster than at the combine, at 4.45, and Brockers ran .15 faster at 5.18. Only 21 bench presses. Claiborne shaved .05 off his combine time in a 4.45 run.

Looks like scouts will adjust the time about .05-.10, so Randle's time probably matches the combine speed.
Notes from Nevada Pro Day:

WR Matthews, who ran despite being injured at combine and only had a 4.62, at Pro Day ran a mid 4.4 now healthy.

DE Brett Roy did better too.

Quote:
Versatile defender Brett Roy also boasted a significantly improved time in the 40-yard dash. Roy, who signed with Nevada as a safety then moved to linebacker, then defensive end as he gained weight and eventually moved inside to defensive tackle, participated in linebacker drills, himself. Roy was clocked between 4.86-4.90 in the 40-yard dash Wednesday after his fastest time in Indianapolis was a 5.0 at 6-3, 275 pounds.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/rob-rang/17951419/underrated-wr-matthews-highlights-wellattended-nevada-pro-day

Roy is very interesting. Safety.. to LB.. to DT. Safety to DT is not exactly a common occurrence. I believe Roy could drop 10 pounds and be a really strong developmental 3-4 OLB or ILB project.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM ]
an informative site on plenty of Pro Day action missed and recently completed...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/03/01/pro.days/index.html?sct=nfl_t2_a18