LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

*** OFFICIAL *** Pro-Day News, Discussion, and Complete Schedule

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida-International, clocks a 4.34 at Pro Day today: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/09/2685353/ty-hilton-shows-off-speed-for.html

Also, it may have not been mentioned, but WR Joe Adams failed to improve his 40 time at his pro day. Another 4.55. Adams also reportedly had a stroke in 2009. I have had him in the late 4th up until now and don't see any reason to raise him. Might even bump him into the early 5th.

I really like Hilton, wouldn't mind Royal and Hilton this year

copied this from that link....

According to NFLdraftscout.com, Hilton will be selected between the fifth and sixth rounds of the NFL Draft. He is ranked the 24th-best player out of 354 at his position.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/09/2685353/ty-hilton-shows-off-speed-for.html#storylink=cpy

If that is true then man he would be one hell of a pickup in the 5th.
Originally posted by sfout:
WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida-International, clocks a 4.34 at Pro Day today: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/09/2685353/ty-hilton-shows-off-speed-for.html

Also, it may have not been mentioned, but WR Joe Adams failed to improve his 40 time at his pro day. Another 4.55. Adams also reportedly had a stroke in 2009. I have had him in the late 4th up until now and don't see any reason to raise him. Might even bump him into the early 5th.

According to NFLdraftscout.com, Hilton will be selected between the fifth and sixth rounds of the NFL Draft. He is ranked the 24th-best player out of 354 at his position.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/09/2685353/ty-hilton-shows-off-speed-for.html#storylink=cpy

I see him as a late 4th to early 5th rounder
  • sfout
  • Veteran
A few quick tid bits from the Ohio State pro day regarding DeVier Posey...

Odds and ends
DeVier Posey didn't run the 40 because he was satisfied with his time at the combine. His official time was a 4.50, but he said NFL teams timed him as fast as 4.37. Posey did not drop any passes and ran crisp routes. …

and another report contradicting the above regarding drops....

Posey, worked out by new Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, proved he has the talent to stick in the NFL. He ran smooth routes and showed good quickness and agility getting in and out of his cuts. Posey also showed excellent concentration and good hands. He was sharp catching all types of passes with only one drop. Posey showed little explosiveness, however, looking more like a one-speed runner than a blazer. He's still in position to be a second- or third-round pick.

still nice to see some good thoughts on one the guys I wouldn't mind us taking a flier on. That 2nd or 3rd round grade is a little shocking though, thought it would be more of a 4th or 5th lol.
A few quick tid bits from the Ohio State pro day regarding DeVier Posey...

Quote:
Odds and ends
DeVier Posey didn't run the 40 because he was satisfied with his time at the combine. His official time was a 4.50, but he said NFL teams timed him as fast as 4.37. Posey did not drop any passes and ran crisp routes. …

and another report contradicting the above regarding drops....

Quote:
Posey, worked out by new Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, proved he has the talent to stick in the NFL. He ran smooth routes and showed good quickness and agility getting in and out of his cuts. Posey also showed excellent concentration and good hands. He was sharp catching all types of passes with only one drop. Posey showed little explosiveness, however, looking more like a one-speed runner than a blazer. He's still in position to be a second- or third-round pick.

still nice to see some good thoughts on one the guys I wouldn't mind us taking a flier on. That 2nd or 3rd round grade is a little shocking though, thought it would be more of a 4th or 5th lol.

The problem is not Posey's ability, it's his head. I have heard about supposed character concerns but have not really found much in this regard (MD would know more, being a die-hard OSU fan). What I can tell you is Posey is fully capable of being a good player, but he MUST commit to the play and his job.

I have watched him freelance too much out there, and it hurts the team. He can run good routes if he chooses too, but sometimes he gets lazy. Sometimes he chooses to run a different route because of the coverage he sees. Sometimes he stops his route altogether, which totally screws up a QB and can 1) affect other receivers' ability to get open by not sticking to you job, and 2) even worse, cause interceptions.

I do not see him as a 2nd round pick at all. 3rd round MAYBE if some team really loves him, but with the depth in this draft I'm not sure I see that happening. 4th-5th round is probably right.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM ]

I think when others fall, he will rise. He'd be a good value in the 5th, and a very nice value in the 4th. 6th would be an absolute steal, a la Antonio Brown.
The problem is not Posey's ability, it's his head. I have heard about supposed character concerns but have not really found much in this regard (MD would know more, being a die-hard OSU fan). What I can tell you is Posey is fully capable of being a good player, but he MUST commit to the play and his job.

I have watched him freelance too much out there, and it hurts the team. He can run good routes if he chooses too, but sometimes he gets lazy. Sometimes he chooses to run a different route because of the coverage he sees. Sometimes he stops his route altogether, which totally screws up a QB and can 1) affect other receivers' ability to get open by not sticking to you job, and 2) even worse, cause interceptions.

I do not see him as a 2nd round pick at all. 3rd round MAYBE if some team really loves him, but with the depth in this draft I'm not sure I see that happening. 4th-5th round is probably right.
Agreed. Massive underachiever here in Columbus. Never lived up to the hype because he was not dedicated to the game and team. To me, he is a third round talent, but will probably not go higher than the fourth round, simply because he is a not a guy committed to football.

I've got him floating right on the border of pick 100, which is early 4th round. His special team skills and speed should put him in the 4th round at the latest.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Aaron Wilson ‏ @RavensInsider
Western Kentucky CB Derrius Brooks ran 4.29 and 4.35 for scouts from the 49ers and Titans at his Pro Day workout: bit.ly/ynzEY5
Impressive time, and with an equally brilliant 6.60 3 cone drill time, puts himself in a strong position to be drafted. Still learning the position, so some upside.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I've got him floating right on the border of pick 100, which is early 4th round. His special team skills and speed should put him in the 4th round at the latest.

I would take Hilton and Royal and release Ginn and Williams in a second!!!
how did marvin jones look?

I've been a huge fan of T.Y. Hilton, even putting him as #10 on my WR list, only to be laughed at by others.

T.Y. Hilton is legit.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I've been a huge fan of T.Y. Hilton, even putting him as #10 on my WR list, only to be laughed at by others.

T.Y. Hilton is legit.

i think hes top 10 but too one dimensional in terms of being a WR all he will be able to do is strech the field (not a bad thing) but he only weighs like 175 or somehting he wont be able to run slants or across the middle posts etc,
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

T.Y. Hilton is legit.

i think hes top 10 but too one dimensional in terms of being a WR all he will be able to do is strech the field (not a bad thing) but he only weighs like 175 or somehting he wont be able to run slants or across the middle posts etc,

My friend, I have to disagree with you there. As a prototypical slot receiver, he'd definitely run a lot of quick slants to make use of that quick separation and speed after the catch. I do not grade Hilton as highly as some, but I think he is a good slot receiver prospect. I still believe Devon Wylie has the better skill set and all around build for the NFL. Thicker, stronger, faster, quicker, and protects the ball better than Hilton on the field.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM ]
Some other pro day info that has yet to be posted.

Syracuse Pro Day (3/9/12):
WR Dorian Graham - 4.30, 41-inch vertical
DE Chandler Jones - reportedly did great, garnering first round consideration even now.

Troy:
DE/OLB Massaquoi - improves combine 40 from 4.89 to 4.63 at Pro Day, significant difference indicates he's much faster.

Furman:
CB Ryan Steed - improves combine 40 time from 4.68 to 4.55 at Pro Day.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 15, 2012 at 6:20 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

T.Y. Hilton is legit.

My friend, I have to disagree with you there. As a prototypical slot receiver, he'd definitely run a lot of quick slants to make use of that quick separation and speed after the catch. I do not grade Hilton as highly as some, but I think he is a good slot receiver prospect. I still believe Devon Wylie has the better skill set and all around build for the NFL. Thicker, stronger, faster, quicker, and protects the ball better than Hilton on the field.

49erAlldaway - Read my link he bulked up to 183 and still ran 4.34. After a year in an NFL weight room he would probably be at least in the 185-188 range and probably still run the 4.3s.
Share 49ersWebzone