There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** OFFICIAL *** Pro-Day News, Discussion, and Complete Schedule

Originally posted by ninertico:
D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏ @AJCFalcons Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Stephen Hill caught all 12 passes thrown to him by QB Eric Ward at Georgia Tech's Pro Day.

and he didn't run today

which was the smart thing to do, he already proved he was the fastest WR on the same field as everyone else, no need to risk a bad run and lower his stock
[ Edited by vrabbit on Mar 6, 2012 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:
and he didn't run today

he said in combine he wouldnt be running the 40

he wanted to show his route running at the pro day
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
and he didn't run today

he said in combine he wouldnt be running the 40

he wanted to show his route running at the pro day

I wish we could get more info on his route running performance.
Anything interesting going on now or anything? Any pro days to be aware of coming up?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Anything interesting going on now or anything? Any pro days to be aware of coming up?

Fantastic link to check daily = http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Fantastic link to check daily = http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

Thanks dude.
USC DL DaJohn Harris is probably going to slide some because of this report:

Quote:
Former USC defensive tackle DaJohn Harris was not allowed to work out at the NFL combine last month because doctors found a small hole in his heart during a physical examination in Indianapolis, Harris revealed Wednesday at USC's pro day. Harris, projected as a mid-round pick in April's draft, visited an Arizona cardiologist with agent Joe Panos shortly after the combine and found that the hole was normal and natural. He said his doctor has since emailed the all 32 NFL teams, alerting them of his status and permitting him to work out as usual. Harris, a two-year starter for the Trojans, has a condition known as a PFO, or patent foramen ovale, discovered after NFL doctors ordered him to undergo an EKG and echocardiogram in Indianapolis. The condition is a small hole located in the heart that all humans have until birth that assists with blood flow. Most holes close upon birth, but in roughly 25 percent of humans, the hole never completely closes naturally and for those people it is not typically treated as an issue. However, some recent studies have suggested there is a three-fold increase in the risk of stroke in people under 55 with a PFO. Former New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi had a PFO discovered after his stroke in 2005 that occurred just after the Super Bowl. "They were trying to link it somehow," Harris said Wednesday. Harris, 23, worked out at USC's pro day on Wednesday, running the 40-yard dash in 5.10 seconds and measuring in at 6-foot-3 and 304 pounds. - Pedro Moura, ESPN Los Angeles

While at first it appears it's not much of an issue, with further reading, you realize there is some risk involved. I don't think he'll have a huge slide, but I think it'll drop him a small amount.
Jeffrey Fuller, WR (225) — He's going to work out again March 28 with Tannehill. He ran 4.66 and 4.65 40s, had a 36-inch vertical jump, 4.33 short shuttle and a 7.10 three-cone drill. He did positional workouts, but the feeling is he might be better adding weight and becoming a TE rather than being a WR.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

Not saying it'll turn out the same way for Fuller, but wasn't the same thing said about Marques Colston when he was coming out? I know Colston ran better (4.50 at the combine).
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
USC DL DaJohn Harris is probably going to slide some because of this report:

While at first it appears it's not much of an issue, with further reading, you realize there is some risk involved. I don't think he'll have a huge slide, but I think it'll drop him a small amount.

It probably costs him a round. When you get to the end of the third round, and spill into the fourth (which is where I think he lands with this condition), teams begin to see a huge upside with a much more limited risk. I was a huge advocate of the Niners using one of their fourth rounders last year to pick up TCU's Marcus Cannon, who not only recovered from cancer well, but may be in line to start next season if Brian Waters departs.
I know OTC has mention Greg Childs numerous times as a guy we should keep an eye on in the later rounds (which I agree. He was Ark.'s #1 WR before injuries got the best of him.) But he has heck of a pro-day. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.40 and 4.39 seconds, had a 40 1/2-inch vertical jump, and a 10-foot-7 broad jump. Also impressed a lot of scouts in the positional workouts. I hope we go Hill in the 1st and snag someone like Childs later in the draft. We need as many big (Childs is 6'3), fast WRs as we can get imo. He also had huge hands (10 1/8''). With his size and speed, he'd be a great addition later the draft. I'm sick of seeing 6'0-6'1 WRs that can't get any separation.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I know OTC has mention Greg Childs numerous times as a guy we should keep an eye on in the later rounds (which I agree. He was Ark.'s #1 WR before injuries got the best of him.) But he has heck of a pro-day. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.40 and 4.39 seconds, had a 40 1/2-inch vertical jump, and a 10-foot-7 broad jump. Also impressed a lot of scouts in the positional workouts. I hope we go Hill in the 1st and snag someone like Childs later in the draft. We need as many big (Childs is 6'3), fast WRs as we can get imo. He also had huge hands (10 1/8''). With his size and speed, he'd be a great addition later the draft. I'm sick of seeing 6'0-6'1 WRs that can't get any separation.

I think that workout could put him as a lock to be taken with the first five rounds. I'm a believer that he is healthy now. With Hill likely to be out of reach (I am doubtful he makes it anywhere near our pick now), the middle rounds are looking much more attractive to land a WR.

Just did a little reading and it's being said that Childs now will have a shot to go as high as the third, or probably the 4th round. Wow.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM ]

I think that workout could put him as a lock to be taken with the first five rounds. I'm a believer that he is healthy now. With Hill likely to be out of reach (I am doubtful he makes it anywhere near our pick now), the middle rounds are looking much more attractive to land a WR.

Just did a little reading and it's being said that Childs now will have a shot to go as high as the third, or probably the 4th round. Wow.

Childs in the 4th man. He reminded me of TO when he was friggin healthy with that size and athleticism. Plus he's a pro style WR. Lets get him.

Childs in the 4th man. He reminded me of TO when he was friggin healthy with that size and athleticism. Plus he's a pro style WR. Lets get him.

If our staff believes he can return to form, 2 years removed from the injury, I'd trust them taking him in the 3rd even.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Tell me about josh bellamy
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Tell me about josh bellamy

Raw player with skill whom coaches will need to invest time to mold. Times faster than he plays. Solid developmental UDFA.