There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** OFFICIAL *** Pro-Day News, Discussion, and Complete Schedule

• sfout
  • Veteran
OTC - Any idea on what pro days we've attended as far as possible picks at #30? I know we were at Baylor's pro day and watched Kendall Wright but any others, doesn't matter the position just curious who were scoping out in person for our 1st round pick.
Originally posted by sfout:
OTC - Any idea on what pro days we've attended as far as possible picks at #30? I know we were at Baylor's pro day and watched Kendall Wright but any others, doesn't matter the position just curious who were scoping out in person for our 1st round pick.

Haven't seen any list, but I'm sure one will come out eventually of all the players we've talked to or met with.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by sfout:

Haven't seen any list, but I'm sure one will come out eventually of all the players we've talked to or met with.

thanks. i hate when websites say "15 teams were at the pro day" - does it really take that long to name them all or at least the teams picking in relation to where their projected to be selected, so frustrating lol.
"It has been a little while that TCU didn't really have a top pro prospect," said C.O. Brocato, the Tennessee Titans national director of college scouting. "But I think Carder is going to surprise some people. Somebody might try him as a strong safety, because of the size factor, but he's a good football player."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/03/09/3799109/tcu-players-try-to-impress-scouts.html#storylink=cpy

Came across that ^^
Was looking for Devon Wylie's shuttle and 3-cone times at his pro day, but couldn't find any articles posting them. However, did find the youtube links with the official numbers.

3.92 shuttle time and 6.70 three cone time (and with him slipping). Those are outstanding. At the combine, no one had a higher shuttle time and the only one with a better cone drill was Junior Hemingway (6.59) from Michigan and Danny Coale (6.69).
Another update from a player that I was high on earlier in the year. Pro Day occurred about a week and a half ago, but here's the results from Boston College CB Donnie Fletcher's pro day:

"Boston College DB Donnie Fletcher posted times of 4.38 and 4.41 seconds in the 40-yard dash, preformed 17 repetitions in the 225-pound bench press and a 10-foot-5 broad jump during his Pro Day.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=776530-nfl---donnie-fletcher-pro-day-results-#ixzz1r0DFE3LS"

It was disappointing seeing Fletcher struggle during the Senior Bowl, but he was one of the most productive college corners and with proper coaching could still succeed in the NFL. I am more interested in his change of direction drill times because I think that might be where his struggles reside.
Found video of Akpla's pro day. I can tell you this, I'm not sure if he tried to add bulk or what, but he looked nowhere near as quick or fast in his workout for some reason.

Ran only a 4.57 and 4.59 and 3-cone of only 3.99. I don't think those are indicative of his on-the-field ability, but this could hurt his chances at being drafted. Jermaine Saffold, however, helped himself.

My understanding is it was windy. I like the looks of this kid. If we can get him late or as a FA, we definitely should.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Found video of Akpla's pro day. I can tell you this, I'm not sure if he tried to add bulk or what, but he looked nowhere near as quick or fast in his workout for some reason.

Ran only a 4.57 and 4.59 and 3-cone of only 3.99. I don't think those are indicative of his on-the-field ability, but this could hurt his chances at being drafted. Jermaine Saffold, however, helped himself.

My understanding is it was windy. I like the looks of this kid. If we can get him late or as a FA, we definitely should.

Just noticed my typo. Should be 6.99 three cone. Which still is solid. The problem is Akpla was running indoors in his workout so wind wouldn't have been a factor there.