There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** OFFICIAL *** Pro-Day News, Discussion, and Complete Schedule

NFL.com lists out the complete Pro Day schedule, and currently scheduled workouts.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d826dde13/article/2012-pro-days-schedule

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/
Quote:
Pro days by date:

March 1: Missouri, Miami (OH)

March 2: Cincinnati

March 5: Alabama-Birmingham, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, McNeese State

March 6: Alabama A&M, Arkansas, Auburn, California Lutheran, Clark, Eastern Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Liberty, Rhode Island, Sacramento State, Tarleton State, UCLA, Valdosta State

March 7: Alabama, California-Davis, Colgate, Eastern Washington, Fordham, Fort Valley, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Northern Colorado, Southern California, Texas A&M, UTEP, Wisconsin

March 8: Alabama State, Buffalo, Clemson, Colorado, Miami (Fla.), Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Alabama, Northwestern, Ohio, Syracuse, Texas Tech, Washington, West Texas, Western Kentucky, Wofford, Wyoming, Youngstown State

March 9: Florida International, Furman, Mississippi, Montana, Northern Illinois, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Presbyterian, Purdue, TCU, Troy, Washington State

March 12: Air Force, Arkansas-Monticello, Central Michigan, Central Washington, Pittsburgh, Tulsa

March 13: Ball State, California (Pa.), Florida, Kansas State, Marshall, North Texas, Slippery Rock, Toledo, Western Michigan

March 14: Bowling Green, California, Central Arkansas, Central Oklahoma, Eastern Michigan, Florida State, Grambling, Kansas, Kansas State, Louisiana-Monroe, Maryland, Michigan State, Mount Union, Oklahoma, Penn State, Portland State, Tennessee Tech

March 15: Delaware State, Louisiana Tech, Michigan, UNLV, Nicholls State, Oregon, Southern Illinois, Townson, Tusculum, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wayne State (Mich.), William & Mary

March 16: Arizona State, James Madison, Missouri State, Oregon State, Richmond, Temple, Tennessee, West Virginia

March 19: Appalachian State, Arizona, Florida Atlantic, Iowa, LSU, Montana State, Rice, Southern, Wake Forest

March 20: Brown, Idaho, Iowa State, Louisiana-Lafayette, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Carolina A&T, South Florida, Texas

March 21: Baylor, Boston College, Houston, N.C. State, North Dakota State, Rutgers, San Diego State, San Jose State, Tulane, Western Kentucky

March 22: Boise State, East Carolina, Maine, Memphis, Middle Tennessee State, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Stanford, Tennessee-Chattanooga

March 23: Cornell, Jackson State, Missouri Western, N.C. Central, Southern Mississippi, Stonybrook, Vanderbilt

March 26: Indiana State

March 27: Arkansas State, Coastal Carolina, Stephen F. Austin, Washburn

March 28: Central Florida, Connecticut, Newberry, Northern Iowa, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Carolina State

March 29: Brigham Young, Georgia Southern

March 30: Bethune-Cookman, Dartmouth

April 3: Abilene Christian, Notre Dame

April 4: SMU
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM ]
Bumping, now that the combine is done. If we could get this thread officialized, that'd be terrific.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 28, 2012 at 5:07 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Bumping, now that the combine is done. If we could get this thread officialized, that'd be terrific.

Missouri Pro Day is today for all interested.

Participants:
WR Jerrell Jackson
TE Michael Egnew
DE Jacquies Smith
DT Dominique Hamilton
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Missouri Pro Day is today for all interested.

Participants:
WR Jerrell Jackson
TE Michael Egnew
DE Jacquies Smith
DT Dominique Hamilton

WR Jerrell Jackson? I watched 4 Mizzou games and never noticed him

TE Michael Egnew - As stated before, I love this guy. I don't get the knocks on his speed, people saying he doesn't look fast in games. The dude runs WR screens and looks pretty damn fast for a TE to me. You won't find many 6'5 TEs with his reciever skills

DE Jacquies Smith - undersized DE. Could be a 3-4 OLB prospect, but nothing more than a late round pick or UFA

DT Dominique Hamilton - Could definately be a lineman in a 3-4. Lane-clogger and run stopper, definately not a pass rusher. Not sure where he projects, probably a late rounder.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Missouri Pro Day is today for all interested.

Participants:
WR Jerrell Jackson
TE Michael Egnew
DE Jacquies Smith
DT Dominique Hamilton

WR Jerrell Jackson? I watched 4 Mizzou games and never noticed him

TE Michael Egnew - As stated before, I love this guy. I don't get the knocks on his speed, people saying he doesn't look fast in games. The dude runs WR screens and looks pretty damn fast for a TE to me. You won't find many 6'5 TEs with his reciever skills

DE Jacquies Smith - undersized DE. Could be a 3-4 OLB prospect, but nothing more than a late round pick or UFA

DT Dominique Hamilton - Could definately be a lineman in a 3-4. Lane-clogger and run stopper, definately not a pass rusher. Not sure where he projects, probably a late rounder.

Jackson is a guy that no one knows about. Physically, he's gifted. But his only OK years were 09 and 10. He battled a wrist injury this year. He quietly had one of the better combines among receivers.

Although he's only 6-0 196 and clocked a 4.62, he did put up good numbers in other drills:

Bench: 22 reps
Shuttle: 4.11
3-Cone: 6.82
Vertical: 41 inches
Broad: 10-07
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jackson is a guy that no one knows about. Physically, he's gifted. But his only OK years were 09 and 10. He battled a wrist injury this year. He quietly had one of the better combines among receivers.

Although he's only 6-0 196 and clocked a 4.62, he did put up good numbers in other drills:

Bench: 22 reps
Shuttle: 4.11
3-Cone: 6.82
Vertical: 41 inches
Broad: 10-07

Whats your opinion on Smith and Hamilton? I didin't see Smith really when he played (I checked and he was out for the ASU game, of which I base a lot of my opinion on Mizzou since I watched it 3 times ). Hamilton looks like a great run clogger, holds the point of attack very well, but he won't be getting any penetration.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jackson is a guy that no one knows about. Physically, he's gifted. But his only OK years were 09 and 10. He battled a wrist injury this year. He quietly had one of the better combines among receivers.

Although he's only 6-0 196 and clocked a 4.62, he did put up good numbers in other drills:

Bench: 22 reps
Shuttle: 4.11
3-Cone: 6.82
Vertical: 41 inches
Broad: 10-07

Whats your opinion on Smith and Hamilton? I didin't see Smith really when he played (I checked and he was out for the ASU game, of which I base a lot of my opinion on Mizzou since I watched it 3 times ). Hamilton looks like a great run clogger, holds the point of attack very well, but he won't be getting any penetration.

Hamilton looks like a strong developmental 3-4 DE who can hold his ground in the run game. Flashes some power.

Smith is a mid to late round guy, partly because of the poor hybrid rusher depth this year after the first 2 or 3 rounds. He has some quickness, but is not overly impressive in any facet right now. Don't think he'll be much of a bull-rusher early on at least and will need technical improvement and NFL strengthening and conditioning to maximize his game. He, too, has developmental potential -- perhaps a smidgen more than Hamilton -- and put up decent production for Mizzou.
I'd use a late round pick (6th) on someone like Jacquies Smith if he's still available.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'd use a late round pick (6th) on someone like Jacquies Smith if he's still available.

Frankly I like Miles Burris a ton more, I'd spend as high as a 4th on him. I think he could be a contributor earlier than most mid-rounders are.
Screw the Missouri campus workout.

The star of the day was the guy I graded the best player...and not very close..of the East-West Shrine game, Brandon Brooks of Miami (OH). If you have taped the game, please take a look.

Brooks, who I grade as the third best offensive guard in the draft, and with a high second round grade, ran a 4.98, at....6'5", 346 pounds. His 10 yard split was a 1.71. Even better, he then clocks a 4.52 short shuttle, which was better than every single lineman at the combine (DeCastro ran the fastest shuttle at 4.56. To add perspective, Whitney Mercilus, considered by many to be a first round prospect, ran a 4.53 short shuttle). He then threw the bar up 36 times.

As stated before the combine, those in charge of selecting the players at the combine need to have their heads checked. How this guy was not invited is a joke, plain and simple.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Screw the Missouri campus workout.

The star of the day was the guy I graded the best player...and not very close..of the East-West Shrine game, Brandon Brooks of Miami (OH). If you have taped the game, please take a look.

Brooks, who I grade as the third best offensive guard in the draft, and with a high second round grade, ran a 4.98, at....6'5", 346 pounds. His 10 yard split was a 1.71. Even better, he then clocks a 4.52 short shuttle, which was better than every single lineman at the combine (DeCastro ran the fastest shuttle at 4.56. To add perspective, Whitney Mercilus, considered by many to be a first round prospect, ran a 4.53 short shuttle). He then threw the bar up 36 times.

As stated before the combine, those in charge of selecting the players at the combine need to have their heads checked. How this guy was not invited is a joke, plain and simple.

1000% Agree. On another note, Miami-OH's Pro Day date is not even listed on their (NFL) site.

They have schools like Montana State, but fail to list a school carrying one of the top OL prospects? Stupid.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 1, 2012 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
1000% Agree. On another note, Miami-OH's Pro Day date is not even listed on their (NFL) site.

They have schools like Montana State, but fail to list a school carrying one of the top OL prospects? Stupid.
Pretty funny about not listing Miami (OH). Only the home to one Benjamin Todd Roesthlisberger.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,645
Here is a site with pro-day results.

Great Blue North is the site.

http://www.gbnreport.com/prodayupdates.html

Gil Brandt from nfl.com usually gives updates on the pro-days.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/01/pro-day-workouts-get-started-at-missouri/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,597
Clock, you should have this thread pinned so you don't have to constantly bump it.