Well, seeing all these great mocks, I thought I'd update mine as well with a little nitpicking from each of the awesome drafts
Now, from Niner Cap Hell, we should have $37mil on the cap, but then we will be adding $3mil from cutting Shawntae Spencer, so now @ $40mil. From AB, I think the Niners will think about extending a player or two. I suggest extending Justin Smith two years (2013 to 2015) and cutting out an extra $3-4mil off the cap (he's @ $6.3mil now, can give him huge bonus and have base salary of $2-3mil on the cap), leaving the cap @ $43mil. Yes, Smith is 32, but he hasn't shown an ounce of it and deserves the raise.
Resigning (Based off of AB's numbers)
Alex Smith: 3 years, $22mil (4th year option for $8mil)
- He will be back, enough said...
Carlos Rogers: 4 years, $25mil
- Yes he'll be 31, but he thrives in this system and will be our #1 for @ least 2 years, which will be well worth it.
Dashon Goldson: Franchised, $6.2mil
- Cheaper to franchise than to sign him longterm to the contract he wants.
Ahmad Brooks: 5 years, $32mil
- Remember how many years we all b***hed about how we didn't have the OLBers to play the 3-4? We will have Brooks, Smith, Haralson, and other pass rushers, giving us depth! Amazing concept
Adam Snyder: 3 years, $9mil
- Can play every position outside LT, and Gore runs the best behind him. Worth the value.
Josh Morgan: 2 years, $5mi (3rd year option, $3mil)
- Has a great rapport with Alex, will be cheap, but injury requires him to prove he deserves a real contract.
CJ Spillman/Larry Grant/Blake Costanzo/Traimaine Brock: Resigned, $6mil total
- All three play vital roles in STs, need to keep "Tony Montana" alive
Total Spent: ~$33mil (Bonuses will throw off this years cap hit, my numbers fall around $37mil, but Paraag will twist the numbers )
Total Remaining: ~$5mil (Includes $5mil for draft picks/UDFAs)
-Wants too much for a #4 WR who gets hurt. This draft is deep in KR/PR, will take our chances.
- Want to keep him, but he will never get a fair shake here. Needs a fresh start.
- Don't need a guy who doesn't wanna be here
- Not worth being an overpaid backup
- Too old and have Spillman
Robert Meachem, WR (4 years, $18mil)
- Very underrated due to Saints high powered offense. Will battle for #1 WR role, at least #2 WR from start (better than his #5 receiving option with Saints).
Total left-over: $2mil (bonus lowers Meachem cap-hit)
1st: Kendall Reyes, DT, UConn
- Yes, not a receiving option, but 1st round = BPA. Watched some videos of him after OTC told me about him, and the guy can just flat out ball!!! Will not last to our 2nd rounder after his combine, so pick him up @ #30. And for those who say it's not a need, go see the NYG drafts...build on strength, which is our DL. Not to mention, need a better rotation, and with Reyes, will be fresh and killer!!!
2nd: Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia
- We won't be keeping Haralson after this year, so add more depth to our OLB core. He's fast, great pass rusher, and will replace Smith's role. Now, we will have OLB rotation for the next 4-5 years!!!
3rd: Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State
- Have a feeling he will drop after combine with a 4.6 40-time. We have our fast guy in Meachem, Quick's major talent lies with height (6'4) and separation. Automatically becomes endzone threat we lack and can develop into a great WR.
4th: Ryan Steed, CB, Hampton
- I like him as our future nickel, but will fight with Brock for dime role.
5th: Ryan Miller, OG, Colorado
- One of the only positives of Colorado football last year, can develop.
6th: Devon Wylie, KR/PR/WR, Fresno State
- Great value for an outstanding returner.
Most important thing is to keep team intact and build upon depth to keep team healthy
[ Edited by Crazy49er1313 on Feb 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM ]