There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

jobiwon's mock offseason (updated post combine)

Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by tohara3:
This

I don't understand why everybody is trying to get rid of crabs, he was our best receiver last year and can only get better

he has gotten better every year he has been in the league, don't see why that would stop now
I wouldnt put him at the top of the list to get rid of, but he isnt preforming to the level his draft position would dictate, he drops passes more than I would like, has trouble getting open and has an injury history a mile long. If we only bring in one guy and a draft pick you have to keep him. But to me a line up of Garcon, Royal, Morgan, Quick and Williams is Stronger than Crabtree, Royal, Morgan, Quick and Williams. Crabs is the one making the most money at that postion and not earning it for us and the one who also still has value if we were to trade him out. Long story short we need the picks and the cash and I think Garcon is straight up better and might be cheaper.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by tohara3:
This

I don't understand why everybody is trying to get rid of crabs, he was our best receiver last year and can only get better

Yeah, I agree. He just needs not to get balls thrown over his head or in the ground. An offseason with Alex will get him going.
Absolutely not to trading next year's first.
Why the hell wild you trade our best WR??? He's only been in the league for 3 years. Hea improved all 3 years and has put up good numbers in a pathetic passing game we have
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i think it is up to crabtree. i do not dismiss the idea he will be not on the team next year.i believe the coaches are looking at him and if he does not show a good hard working attitude in the off season and a willingness to work with alex i would not put it past this coach to dump him. crabtree was babied by the previous coach and the longer you baby someone , the longer they will be a baby. the posters theory that craps could be gone should not be dismissed.i hope he stays, I hope he will not get hurt, i want him on the team but I was a little disapointed that he went away into the night after grabbing the td pass vs the saints. i really think the coaches have him on a short leash this off season
The scenario would look better along these lines:

1. Keep Crabtree, sign Garcon, sign Morgan, re-sign Ginn as the returner
2. Resign Snyder and draft a Guard or Center rather than pay big money to a free agent guard.
im a little hesitant on trading crabs even tho a 3rd pick would help alot but i would like to see what he could produce next to a true #1 receiver. I can see him being a sneaky #2 WR that can bail us out alot.

I love the your first 3 picks! Fleener and VD would be unstoppable! Doug Martin and Hunter would be deadly together for years to come! and Quick is a huge outside target with great hands! and if we did trade crabs...i would like like Josh Norman on our team cause that man can potentially be our shut down guy for Fitzgerald
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Feb 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM ]
Originally posted by midrdan:
The scenario would look better along these lines:

1. Keep Crabtree, sign Garcon, sign Morgan, re-sign Ginn as the returner
2. Resign Snyder and draft a Guard or Center rather than pay big money to a free agent guard.

if that were to happen i would draft stephen hill or streeter some one who has a lot of potential but is raw
Crabs wont be traded. And if he did it wouldnt be for a 3rd. Sorry stopped reading at that point.
Here's my updated offseason after the combine. The most likely scenario involves us keeping Crabtree and only bringing in Royal as a FA WR. We give him one more offseason and an actual training camp and preseason to improve. To get both the players we'd want in the draft, we need to get another 1st rnd pick and I think we'd target NE's at no 31.They love to trade down and acquire future picks.

FA:
Resign:
Alex Smith 3 yr 7mil/yr and full of incentives
Dashon Goldson 5yr 6mil/yr
Ahmad Brooks resigned
Josh Morgan 4yr 3mil/yr
C. J. Spillman resigned
Blake Constanzo 3 yrs 1mil/yr
carlos rogers 4yrs 8mil/yr.
Larry Grant 2nd rnd tender
Adam Snyder 3 yrs 2mil/yr

Gone:
Chilo Rachal
Moran Norris
Brett Swain.
Justin Peelle
Reggie Smith
Madieu Williams
Ted Ginn

Cuts:
Shawntae Spencer

Restructure:
Parys Haralson salary cut down to 1.2 mil/yr
Sign:
Carl Nicks OL 6yrs 8mil/yr We set up a dominant OL. We will be able to convert in short yardage and run the ball in the redzone and to close out games. Alex will get more time in the pockets to allow the Wr's to get open. He loses field vision when he starts to look at the rush coming. Hopefully, he'll come here to play at home and with his friend Goodwin.

Eddie Royal WR - 4 yrs 3mil/yr We get a great return man who can also play WR, get open and catch the ball. Hopefully, he'll want to come play with his old college teammate Morgan.

possible: Laurent Robinson WR- 4 yrs 5mil/yr We only sign him if we trade Crabtree. Another possibilty is Pierre Garcon if his rumored 7mil a yr demand is wrong.

Trade:

We trade our 2nd rnd pick and our 2013 1st rnd pick to NE for their 2012 1st rnd pick at 31.

backup plan to move up: Michael Crabtree- We trade him to Dallas or Houston for a 3rd round pick. If we sign Robinson, Dallas might want a 3rd WR. Better yet would be to trade him to Houstan and and eliminate them taking a WR in the first rnd. I don't see him being happy in this offense long term. Trade our 2nd, this 3rd and next year's 2nd to NE.

Draft:

1stA Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford -redzone threat, harbaugh can run 3TE offense
1stB Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech - Tall fast WR on the outside, endzone threat
3rd Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State - physical north south RB.
4th Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina - small school big corner, slow speed at the combine
5th Jacquies Smith, OLB, Missouri - backup OLB
6th BPA
7th small school BPA
[ Edited by jobiwon on Mar 2, 2012 at 8:03 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
if we cut crabtree im ok with getting garcon and royal but that leaves our WR as:
garcon
morgan
brian quick
royal

?

the ? is because no 1 on roster so probablly scrubs

we will have great depth at WR but no real #1 WR

the fleener pick is ok but i would replace doug martin with hill or someone who at least has a potential to be a #1 WR

RB can wait till next year gore is is still great RB and next years RB is the best ina long long long time

you all can hate him but williams will be on the roster. he had no business in that game being put in that position. but he will be here and will play
about your new mock:

i dont think a guard should get 8 mil/yr.
i dont think norman will last to 4th
why trade our best WR? crabs is inconsistent, but no need to trade him. we need all the help we can get from our WRs.