LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Giants24's Offseason/Mock Draft

This is just what I think will happen,knowing our needs and our coaching staff. This draft is offensive minded. Just my opinion.

Resign--

Alex Smith..unfortunately. Do not think he is the answer. Clearly showed that. 3 years 18 mill. 15 guaranteed
Carlos Rogers. I think it gets done. There is mutual interest. 3 year deal worth about 24. 18 guaranteed should get it done.
Dashon Goldson. Franchise tag
Blake Constanzo. Stud on ST 3 mill
CJ Spillman. Stud on ST. 3 mill

Release--

Chilo Rachel. Waste of time and space
Ted Ginn. Will get more money elsewhere
Larry Grant. Trade to Philly for 4th round tender
Shantae Spencer. Release for cap space. Already enough CB's on roster.
Josh Morgan-no need
Kyle Williams. Doesnt have to do with playoff performance..completely. Nothing special.
Ahmad Brooks. Will get overpaid somewhere else.

Free Agent Signings--

Marques Colston WR. 4 years, 28 mill

David Hawthorne OLB. 3 year 15 mill

Draft--

1(30)- Mohamed Sanu. WR Rutgers. Perfect fit. Not a reach.
6'2" 215
115 - 1206 - 7

2(60)- Coby Fleener TE Stanford. Will make us dangerous. Our TE package will be scary. Red zone threat.
6'6" 244 FYI..Gronk is 6'6" 265. Fleener has room for more mass
34 - 667 - 10

3(90)- Ben Jones C Georgia. He's almost crazy. Never-ending motor. Solid value here.
6'3" 316

4(107)-Brandon Brooks G Miami-Ohio He's massive. Can be a wall. He's raw, just needs some proper coaching.
6'5" 353

4(120)- Brian Quick WR Appalachian State. Taller threat. With Sanu, Crabtree, Colston, Quick, Davis and Fleener. Holy S***! He's a stud. Can you say Calvin Johnson? Sure has the same body type. Were about the same weight senior year. Quick just needs a year of professional training.
6'5" 220
71 - 1096 - 11

5(150)-Joe Long OG Wayne State... Brother of Jake Long from the Dolphins. Just picture Nate Solder from the Patriots. Could be a gem.
6'6" 308

6(180)- Donte Paige-Moss DE North Carolina. project. But has a solid frame and a motor. Got hurt and had surgery. Once healthy, a steal! Projected top 5 pick before year. steal?
6'4" 260

7(210)- Devon Wylie KR/slot Fresno State. His quick twitch moves are ridiculous. Check him out on YouTube. Will fill TE absence of Ginn.
4.3 speed
5'9" 185
56 - 716 - 1 Recieving
40 returns, 446 yards. 11.16 avg. 2 TD's Punt Returning

Whatcha think? I personally don't think anyone was a reach or won't be there when we pick. anyone else u think we could sign via free agency? prefer anyone different in draft?
Don't know if Paige-Moss falls to the 6th rd. And the tender levels are 1st, 2nd and original round(7th for Grant).

I have a feeling Brooks get a huge offer. I like the signings and re-signings, and the draft would work out real well. I cant argue with any picks.

Good stuff, hopefully it goes something like that, hopeful Brees is tagged and not re-signed so Colston is free to sign.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like it.
I really do wanna get a CB somewhere in there between the draft and FA.
Sanu probly wont make it to us, but if he does then this is what I want.
we cant lose brooks AND grant, but I do like the david hawthrone pickup
im starting to think we pass on Colston and try to re-sign everyone we can
and then pick up a CB in FA. no point in drafting a 1st rd WR and picking one up in FA

im really rooting to get John Adams. but I like your picks. Good list of names
Wylie is interchangable with T.J Graham and Keyshawn Martin
Originally posted by martysofresh:
and then pick up a CB in FA. no point in drafting a 1st rd WR and picking one up in FA

The 2nd President of the USA or the least famous John Quincy Adams the 6th president?

Or we could get Joe Adams from Arkansas.
Highly doubt after letting Aaron Curry go that the Seahawks would just let Hawthorne walk.
i don't think the resignings and the contract figures are realistic. Also, i doubt that fleener will drop to #60 since he will probably be a late first rounder. In addition, why do we have 2 4th rounders and why are we drafting 3 interior linemen?
Fleener is not going to still b on the board at 60. I want him but he will be gone by 60.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

The 2nd President of the USA or the least famous John Quincy Adams the 6th president?

lmao. yes. meant Joe Adams. lol. idk why I put john
your wrong about Morgan/Brooks

Originally posted by Travisty13:

lmao. yes. meant Joe Adams. lol. idk why I put john

lol. it's all good. I knew who you meant. But I agree, I wouldn't mind Joe Adams at all. You also mentioned TJ Graham, who is a flat-out burner. I'm a fan of his. He's raw and still needs to learn how to be a WR, but you can't teach fast. Dude will post the top 40 time at the combine. He was an All-American in track.
Obviously Spencer won't be back but not because we already have enough CB's. All we would have is Rogers, Brown, Culliver, and Brock. We'll need at least one more. I also dont like the idea of having only one receiver from last year on the roster. I like all the signings and picks but I think a lot of those picks will be gone by when we pick. Especially Fleener, Jones, Paige-Moss. After workouts we may see Wylie go as early as the 5th, maybe 4th round.
If Quick becomes the next Calvin Johnson, every GM would look absolutely retarded if we got him in the 4th.
Criticisms:
1. Way too offensive in the draft...we need depth in our D
2. Most of the players in your draft wont fall to us
3. Josh Morgan is coming back at any price we want...the man wants to die a Niner
4. I hate your name!!!
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Feb 14, 2012 at 9:26 PM ]
Wishful thinking mock, in my opinion.

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Criticisms:
1. Way too offensive in the draft...we need depth in our D
2. Most of the players in your draft wont fall to us
3. Josh Morgan is coming back at any price we want...the man wants to die a Niner
4. I hate your name!!!

It looks bad, but I'm pretty sure he's referring to Willie Mays.
LOVE! IT! In three years, that offense will be unstoppable.
Share 49ersWebzone