LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Finding the next Victor Cruz: Three Potential UDFA WR Gems

I cant say enough how much i want this kid on our team. I love me some Elvis Akpla. His game reminds me alot of Hines Ward, But i think he is a lot more gifted of a athlete. Dude loves to lay hits and take them...not afraid of anything. Can make highlight reel catches, and his burst off the LOS is excelent. Solid route runner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8yqz6p28ZE
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM ]
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
My boy Coale just ran an unofficial 4.4 40 time, did not expect that. If that time stands, along with his versatility where do you see him being picked OTC? I think he's definitely worth a look more than ever.

You definitely get credit for predicting that he times faster than he plays, just reread your initial response to me.

Coale's official is 4.5.

A few guys I've mentioned:
Lavon Brazill - 4.48
TJ Graham - 4.41

Thanks for the info. How are Graham's hands? Wasn't he a track guy?
Yeah, actually an All-American track guy. His hands I would say would be his weak point. He's more of a track guy than a football guy right now. But with his speed and KR/PR experience, he'd be a guy to look at in the later rounds.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
My boy Coale just ran an unofficial 4.4 40 time, did not expect that. If that time stands, along with his versatility where do you see him being picked OTC? I think he's definitely worth a look more than ever.

You definitely get credit for predicting that he times faster than he plays, just reread your initial response to me.

Coale's official is 4.5.

A few guys I've mentioned:
Lavon Brazill - 4.48
TJ Graham - 4.41

Thanks for the info. How are Graham's hands? Wasn't he a track guy?
Yeah, actually an All-American track guy. His hands I would say would be his weak point. He's more of a track guy than a football guy right now. But with his speed and KR/PR experience, he'd be a guy to look at in the later rounds.

during the drills I saw this morning he looks good though so hopefully it could be corrected.
After posting a respectful 4.48 forty at the Combine, Lavon Brazill had a good pro-day showing on March 8th:

Weather played a factor at the University of Ohio's pro day. The workouts were held outdoors on field turn and it rained. They actually set up a tent so the players ran in and out of it at one point. Seven NFL teams came out to watch the nine players, but only one merits recognition.

LaVon Brazill, WR (5-10 3/4, 196) — He was at the combine and ran a 4.37-second 40. Brazill posted a 35-inch vertical jump and 9-10 broad jump. He looked good in the wet weather, dropping only one pass.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

Another guy I've mentioned recently had a pro-day, Thomas Mayo of Cal University of PA:

The California University football program welcomed representatives from 22 NFL teams and one CFL team to Adamson Stadium Tuesday morning, as nearly two dozen players from Pennsylvania schools participated in Pro Day.

The Vulcans had 11 seniors participate at their annual Pro Day: defensive backs Shawn Anderson, Erik Harris, James Nixon and Patrick Swearinger; defensive linemen Marcus Cook, Kevin Crawford, Thomas Mulabah and Steve Santia; offensive lineman Rishaw Johnson; and wide receivers Chedrick Cherry and Thomas Mayo.

Cal U also welcomed nine additional players from across the PSAC and a pair of FCS players to Adamson Stadium: defensive backs Herschel Thornton (East Stroudsburg) and Gary Tillman (Millersville); defensive linemen Randy Colling (Gannon) and Keir Jeter (Edinboro); linebacker Ian Wild (Mercyhurst); offensive linemen Daryl Kurtz (Bloomsburg) and Rob Stoner (Edinboro); quarterback Chris Lum (Lehigh); tight end Kevin Doty (Lafayette); and wide receivers David Bostic (Edinboro) and Trevor Kennedy (Mercyhurst).

The players were tested in a variety of drills conducted at the NFL Combine, such as the 40-yard dash, vertical jump and three-cone drill, and also participated in position work.

The following teams attended Pro Day at Adamson Stadium: Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans and the Calgary Stampeders of the CFL.

Cal U Pro Day well attended - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleyindependent/s_786450.html#ixzz1phXewnkI
Haven't heard how he did at his pro-day, but at least we were in attendance in case he did well.
Looks like we've found our Cruz in the first
Share 49ersWebzone