There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we draft Alshon Jeffery at #30?

He's the kind of wide receiver the Niner's are looking for. Big body, red zone threat and has great hands!! At 6 '4 Alex would have a hard time throwing it over his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bpHPzu_wEM
Niners are looking for good receivers, not big bodies with hands.
Originally posted by dhp318:

this

if he commits to losing weight and gaining some speed im all for it otherwsie no thanks
Yes
ALDON
ALSHON

CHAMPIONSHIPS
Originally posted by dhp318:

You might wanna go back n look at Jefferys highlights or download some of his games. Maybe check out his stats with a little bit of research and see his ypc is the highest of this years class. Which shows he has more than enough speed and ability to get behind defenses to make big plays. You know the plays that good receivers make
I really hope he falls to us if not then Michael Floyd!
Hard to say. Many mocks I've read have him going earlier.

I think we could do better and what we accomplish in FA will go a long way in determining who we pick and where.

Highlights are exactly that, special moments where a player performed great. We need a better picture of overall consistency and potential.

We definitely need 2 receivers maybe 3. Crabtree has improved BUT he is NOT a game changer. We must get receivers who can get seperation as evidenced in our last game. We also nee a BIG receiver for red zone production.

This draft is deep in WR and I feel Baalke/JH are going to find a gem. I also like OTC's opinion on TE's. It is here in the Draft secion - it is excellent.
Yea i'm kinda on the fence about him.
Originally posted by VDSF:

floyd has 0 chance at falling to us

he gets taken at top 20 at the worst because of his 3 DUI's but he may be the most talented WR this draft
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by VDSF:

floyd has 0 chance at falling to us

he gets taken at top 20 at the worst because of his 3 DUI's but he may be the most talented WR this draft
He would fit in perfectly here
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
You might wanna go back n look at Jefferys highlights or download some of his games. Maybe check out his stats with a little bit of research and see his ypc is the highest of this years class. Which shows he has more than enough speed and ability to get behind defenses to make big plays. You know the plays that good receivers make

I've never seen him break away from the defense in the highlight videos I've seen.
dam floyd got 3 dui's
Idk. I was hellbent on the idea of grabbing a WR in the first, but ive been convinced that trading our 1st to KC for their 2nd, 4th and 6th and snaggin Fleener and Adams in the second would be a good idea. CB in the 3rd, OLB in the 4th. As ive looked thru the draft and looked at current players in the NFL, ive realized that its not truly about having this GIANT REDZONE TARGET, its about having somebody on offense who is a playmaker. Id go with Brian Quick or Dwight Jones later on because we can still get a 6'4 reciever to go along with our 6'6 TE and a corner or another WR in the second. If we retain Ginn, then id go for an OLB instead of Adams

ex. Tom Brady to Danny Woodhead in superbowl or Wes Welker in any other game or Dion Branch
Eli Manning to VIctor Cruz
Farve to Percy Harvin

but like LasVegasWally said, its really determined by what we do in FA. That makes the priority of getting a Corner equally interchangable with getting a Reciever.
So if we get a corner in FA, we go for a WR in the 2nd or OLB since we're drafting for depth.
[ Edited by martysofresh on Feb 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM ]
This guy is a prime example of why the Combine and private workouts are important. He was fantastic in 2010, but fell off a little bit this year. Was that because of South Carolina's QB situation being in flux or did this kid get lazy? If he shows up in shape and shows halfway decent speed, he would be a steal at #30. If he shows up fat and slow, the Niners should take a pass on him.