LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 241 users in the forums

2 Round Mock Draft b

Here is an interesting mock draft by sports radio host Lance Zierleine in Houston, TX. If the draft fell this way for the 49ers and Texans I would be happy, nice draft site.

http://thesidelineview.com/nfl-mock-draft-2012

For a good laugh check out Lance Zierleine as SEC Guy and Oscar De La Hoya.

http://www.bigshow790.com/player/?station=KBME-MS&program_name=podcast&program_id=SECGuy.xml&mid=21712798

http://www.bigshow790.com/player/?station=KBME-MS&program_name=podcast&program_id=OnaMobile.xml&mid=21767754
In that draft I like Fleener at 30 but I would rather go for Doug Martin RB than Toon at WR. Then I would like to go for Joe Adams in #3.
i like the toon pickif we get fleenr in first round

i would much rather have sanu in first though
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
In that draft I like Fleener at 30 but I would rather go for Doug Martin RB than Toon at WR. Then I would like to go for Joe Adams in #3.

This! esp. if we can resign brooks, goldson, and rogers im down to use our first 3 picks to upgrade our offense and Fleener, adams, and martin would set up a major upgrade
Regardless of how the 49ers did in this mock I dont like it for several reasons. He has Rueban Randle, Jeral Worthy and Jered Crick all in the first round. Worthy 2-4, Randle would be a reach late 2nd and prob goes 3-4, and Crick's injury will push him way out of the first round. He also has Luke Kuechly, the drafts top MLB going 32 to the Giants. I like Fleener but the draft has ZERO credibility....The fact he works in sports is sad.....If that mock was made in September it would have made a little more sense. Before Crick got hurt, when Worthy was a top rated DT, when LSU had Lee at QB throwing to Randle, and before Kuechly had like 200 freaking tackles....

PS: Toon in the 2nd is a reach. He is slow in and out of breaks and at this point has not shown he has the separation skills that will translate to the NFL. Right now he's just a big receiver. 3rd or 4th round prospect. Again a guy who was a hot name early in the season.
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Regardless of how the 49ers did in this mock I dont like it for several reasons. He has Rueban Randle, Jeral Worthy and Jered Crick all in the first round. Worthy 2-4, Randle would be a reach late 2nd and prob goes 3-4, and Crick's injury will push him way out of the first round. He also has Luke Kuechly, the drafts top MLB going 32 to the Giants. I like Fleener but the draft has ZERO credibility....The fact he works in sports is sad.....If that mock was made in September it would have made a little more sense. Before Crick got hurt, when Worthy was a top rated DT, when LSU had Lee at QB throwing to Randle, and before Kuechly had like 200 freaking tackles....

PS: Toon in the 2nd is a reach. He is slow in and out of breaks and at this point has not shown he has the separation skills that will translate to the NFL. Right now he's just a big receiver. 3rd or 4th round prospect. Again a guy who was a hot name early in the season.
Here is his reasoning for rating Randle so high:

The Z-Report Says: The Texans biggest need is at WR and Randle has the size and speed that will intrigue Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith. Randle has the ability to return punts and he's a legitimate verticle threat. The producitivity for Randle was sporadic, but that was often due to the poor QB play he had to deal with.

[B]Height: 6'3″ Weight: 208
Catches: 53
Yards Per Catch: 17.3
Touchdowns: 8
9B]Drops: 5Explosive Plays (25+ yards): 11[/B]
Fleener's not projected to be a 1st rd pick...not even late 1st rd. The guy I'd go after first is Alshon Jeffery, big WR from South Carolina. He's the playmaking WR Alex needs. Good chance Fleener's still there when we pick in 2nd rd.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Fleener's not projected to be a 1st rd pick...not even late 1st rd. The guy I'd go after first is Alshon Jeffery, big WR from South Carolina. He's the playmaking WR Alex needs. Good chance Fleener's still there when we pick in 2nd rd.

Somebody on another thread suggested that we trade our number 30 pick to KC for thier 2nd, 5th, and 6th

You and me both...
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

You and me both...

not me

toon looks like a decent WR with good lengt and speed

next years draft is stacked with great RBs get one then

My God, if Trent Richardson falls past 20, trade up for that man :D
[ Edited by dhp318 on Feb 10, 2012 at 8:35 AM ]
Yea i have heard folks speculate about the Texans taking Randle in the 1st. Not really far fetched
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Simply not true, Corva. He is projected as a potential late 1st-early 2nd round pick. Go to NY Giants boards and they want him at #32. SF Beat writers have suggested him at #30. NFLDS and CBSSports give him a 1st-2nd round projection.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
Originally posted by davidboutte:

Here is his reasoning for rating Randle so high:

The Z-Report Says: The Texans biggest need is at WR and Randle has the size and speed that will intrigue Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith. Randle has the ability to return punts and he's a legitimate verticle threat. The producitivity for Randle was sporadic, but that was often due to the poor QB play he had to deal with.

[B]Height: 6'3″ Weight: 208
Catches: 53
Yards Per Catch: 17.3
Touchdowns: 8
9B]Drops: 5Explosive Plays (25+ yards): 11[/B]

Randle is not a reach in the 1st round -- yet. You put his games on and he stands out against some really good teams. I consider him a 2nd rounder right now with a GREAT chance to move into first round consideration with a strong combine. Moving up one round is easy. If he runs well, I think he has a shot to go in the first, maybe even to us. He's not quite the prospect that Dwayne Bowe was (6-2 221 4.51/4.40 [pro day]), but it takes only one team to really like you.
Share 49ersWebzone