LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 252 users in the forums

YOU are on the clock... [2012 collaborative mock draft]

The New England Patriots select Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut
I would've went with a pass rusher here (especially if we re-sign Rogers), but Norman is a talented DB.
With the last pick in the 2nd round, the New York Giants select: Mitchell Schwartz, OT, Cal

Indianapolis Colts select....................... CB TRUMAIN JOHNSON MONTANA

The Colts got a pass rusher in round 2. Now they address their pathetic secondary.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Wow, that kid has great ball skills! He looks like a WR out there.

That INT at :48 made me

Yeah, he's my favorite small school player in the draft. Had he played for a bigger program he would be a lock for the first round. Top 5 cb talent for sure and great player to pair with Culliver for our future.
The St. Louis Rams select:
Amini Silatolu
Midwestern State
Height: 6-3 Weight: 318
The Minnesota Vikings select...

Nick Toon- WR, Wisconsin

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I would've went with a pass rusher here (especially if we re-sign Rogers), but Norman is a talented DB.

What pass rusher left on the board provides comparable value though? I'd much rather grab a cb I think has the potential to be a franchise cb, then a pass rusher just for the sake of filling a position (especially when cb is also a need). Plus, with the same logic we could just resign Ahmad Brooks and pass rush would be a relatively moot point. Even if he resign Rogers, he is 31 and all the cb's behind him have yet to prove they can be a consistent franchise starter.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

What pass rusher left on the board provides comparable value though? I'd much rather grab a cb I think has the potential to be a franchise cb, then a pass rusher just for the sake of filling a position (especially when cb is also a need). Plus, with the same logic we could just resign Ahmad Brooks and pass rush would be a relatively moot point. Even if he resign Rogers, he is 31 and all the cb's behind him have yet to prove they can be a consistent franchise starter.

Chandler Jones OLB/DE Syracuse?
Cleveland Browns select WR Dwight Jones North Carolina

Tampa Bay Bucs select................................ OLB LAVONTE DAVID NEBRASKA

This is a team that needs linebackers in a big way. David will be a big upgrade.

The Washington Redskins select:

Brandon Washington, OG/OT, Miami
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

Chandler Jones OLB/DE Syracuse?

Yup, that's exactly who I had in mind.
Jacksonville Jags select.................... WR BRIAN QUICK Appalachian St.

The Jags need help quickly at receiver.

The Bills need size and playmaking ability (especially if Stevie Johnson leaves), so they go with the extremely talented Tommy Streeter, WR (Miami).

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone