LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 366 users in the forums

Janoris Jenkins Bandwagon

he is supposed to be very good covering slot receivers, the role carlos rogers had in 2011...it takes a defender who can move well either way, and unlike the boundary corners, slot guys usually cant count on using the sideline as means to help defend the receiver...if rogers leaves Jenkins could be a good pickup
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Id be down if he was BPA or we didn't re-sign Rogers. Especially if we could get him to add about 5-7 pounds and get him as close to 190 as possible.

wish he was a little taller... 5'10 ughhhh

Preaching to the choir. He's a too undersized in both weight and heigh for my liking. I've got my heart set on a 5'11 190-195 type player.

enkins shut down aj green and julion jones twice
don't forget about alshon jeffrey too! The above two had excellent rookie years as well. I definitely wouldn't mind jenkins because although he is on the small side he's proven to shut down bigger receivers and can match up well with the smaller quicker receivers that we could face in the playoffs (jennings, manningham, cruz, etc.
he would really put us over the edge as the Best Defense in NFL history
Todd McShay's Draft Mock 2.0 has Dallas selecting Janoris Jenkins at 14th overall Let's hope he is wrong
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/page/McShayMock2.0/2012-nfl-mock-draft-defenders-balance-top-10-todd-mcshay-latest-projection

I posted the link but you have to be an ESPN insider to view it. Below are McShay's comments on why Dallas will be interested in Jenkins.

Corner is a top need area, and Jenkins proved at the Senior Bowl that he's still an elite cover corner after spending a year at the Division II level. Dallas will need to get comfortable with his character issues, though, including legal issues that led to his dismissal from the Florida program.
Watching guys like Wes Welker and Victor Cruz command constant double coverage convinces me even more that we could use Janoris Jenkins.

Doubling up on Cruz makes it that much harder to cover guys like Nicks and Manningham. Jenkins would be able to hang with Cruz longer than your average cover corner.
im really hoping for some good FA wideouts too

that way we can get jenkins in draft
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Id be down if he was BPA or we didn't re-sign Rogers. Especially if we could get him to add about 5-7 pounds and get him as close to 190 as possible.

wish he was a little taller... 5'10 ughhhh

Preaching to the choir. He's a too undersized in both weight and heigh for my liking. I've got my heart set on a 5'11 190-195 type player.

enkins shut down aj green and julion jones twice
exactly folks get to caught up in height and weight some times the dude can flat out ball and did so against top competition,
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
He even has the name to be good

WANT
Small article from the Washington Post regarding Janoris Jenkins efforts to convice teams that his troubles are in his past

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/ex-florida-star-jenkins-aiming-to-convince-nfl-teams-his-troubles-are-in-past-at-senior-bowl/2012/01/26/gIQA3LKxTQ_story.html
I doubt he falls to 30, but if he does, BPA!!

Hell NOOO!! Too much baggage, this guy is an idiot. He's Pac Man 2.0
Originally posted by 9rFan84:

Crabtree was supposed to come with a ton of baggage too but in my opinion has been all business (besides some wardrobe issues)
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Crabtree was supposed to come with a ton of baggage too but in my opinion has been all business (besides some wardrobe issues)

Crabtree never got arrested or got caught with drugs. To be fair I don't think we'd have the problem signing Jenkins that we had signing Crabtree. I think he's probably learned his lesson and won't do anything too bad+will keep it on the DL. Even the resisting arrest charge against him was nonviolent I believe. Dre Kirkpatrick had weed issues too and everyone would jizz themselves to get him.

pretty minor offenses if you ask me. marijuana possession? he's young, in college and wants to have a little fun. hey remember tim lincecum got caught with weed.

also, i think the fact that he was kicked off of florida's squad humbled him a lot. it showed him he isnt invincible and needs to cut the stupid crap out... and its been well over a year since hes gotten into trouble.
This guy is a stud and IMO may turn out to be the best CB in terms of overall value in the draft purely due to his cover ability. If he fell to us, take him in a heartbeat.

Most likely his draft be like that of Earl Thomas, late first round grade but after the combine will be in the arguement as the top at his position but end up going second, (like Thomas going after Berry) anywhere from pick #5 to pick #14, but if he slips past the Cowboys he could fall to the mid twenties and be a possible trade up candidate.

Any non-tampa 2 team with a decent front 7 will covet this guy, especially with offenses opening up the way they are in the modern NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone