There are 175 users in the forums

Devon Wylie WR/KR/PR/GUNNER Fresno St.

• mod
  • Veteran
I dont mean to thread jack but...

The dude I loved to watch at Fresno State was Logan Harrell, 2 time All-WAC 1st team Defensive Tackle...

I have no idea where he's projected to go but he kinda reminds me of Ray Mac... A little small to play 3-4 DE at 275lbs but our guys are pretty small too. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/fres/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/Harrell-Highlight-Sheet.pdf

I was lucky to see him play against Cincinnati ending their winning streak in 2010. He finished that game with five tackles, 3.5 sacks, and a fumble

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think he has a lot of value as a late-round pick. Won't ever be a starter, but can contribute in a variety of ways. He has the quickness and natural pass catching ability to be productive from the slot, is a good returner, and even contributes as a gunner on special teams. I think he is exactly the type of guy that Harbaugh/Baalke will have their eye on during day 3 of the draft.

Don't know how you can state that he would never be a starter?

You ever watch the Patriots play? Ever hear the name Welker? Dude is a clone of him IMO.

You cannot coach quickness and speed and he has both. Can easily create seperation.

Would love him in the 4th round!!!
LOVE THIS GUY TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think he has a lot of value as a late-round pick. Won't ever be a starter, but can contribute in a variety of ways. He has the quickness and natural pass catching ability to be productive from the slot, is a good returner, and even contributes as a gunner on special teams. I think he is exactly the type of guy that Harbaugh/Baalke will have their eye on during day 3 of the draft.

Don't know how you can state that he would never be a starter?

You ever watch the Patriots play? Ever hear the name Welker? Dude is a clone of him IMO.

You cannot coach quickness and speed and he has both. Can easily create seperation.

Would love him in the 4th round!!!

He's faster than Welker, but Welker is a terrific catcher and route runner... a whole other level
Dude is not a clone of any of the people mentioned....He is a clone of Clifton Smith, and will have a similar Career, if he is lucky.
He sure looked good at the combine...fast, very good hands and he returns kicks, too. Looks ready to be a very good slot receiver.
Can be Ginn replacement quick on da cheap!
I think he's a good pick in the 6th round or later. He isn't going to be juking out NFL guys like he could in college.

He did run a 4.36 at the combine.
Wylie, if healthy, will be better than some are given him credit. When he has the ball in his hands, the kid is straight up explosive.

Kid is nothing like Clifton Smith, who was not only smaller, but slower, nowhere near as explosive. Didn't even play the same position (played RB). I don't agree with that comparison at all. I think Wylie is a faster, more explosive Danny Amendola.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I dont mean to thread jack but...

The dude I loved to watch at Fresno State was Logan Harrell, 2 time All-WAC 1st team Defensive Tackle...

I have no idea where he's projected to go but he kinda reminds me of Ray Mac... A little small to play 3-4 DE at 275lbs but our guys are pretty small too. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/fres/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/Harrell-Highlight-Sheet.pdf

I was lucky to see him play against Cincinnati ending their winning streak in 2010. He finished that game with five tackles, 3.5 sacks, and a fumble

want

Logan Harrell yes

Devon Wylie sucks

both of these are facts
Share 49ersWebzone