There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stone's 1st mock of 2012

This is only a Mock Draft. not including Free agency. This is my First one of this Year


Round 1 : Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina At one point this season Alshon was a lock to be the second WR selected and was a top 10 selection. Things can quickly change in the world of football and Jeffery's stock has been irrevocably damaged because of his lack of production this season. It has also been rumored that he has a bit of a lackadaisical attitude to the sport and the preparation it requires. . At 6'4" and 225 lbs Alshon is a huge target for Smith. His size alone will create huge mismatches for this young offense, especially in the red zone, where the Niners were a little lackluster this season.. Although this may not have been his best year, Alshon produced 183 receptions, 3,042 yards, and 23 TD in 3 years!

Round 2: Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin OG Kevin Zeitler is what would be called a "battling technician", as all OL prospects from Wisconsin are well-coached. He has a quick first step and great hands which make it difficult for defenders to disengage. He takes over for Snyder and allows Kawami Haris 2.0 MR CR to leave the team.

Round 3: Trumaine Johnson CB MONTANA Sr 6'2" 204 I have watched his play for the past 3 years. kid is Big, physical, good coverage and great when it comes to the Run. i really think he is going earlier in the draft then first thought.

Round 4: Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame

Round 5 Josh Norman Coastal College CB

Round 6: DeVier Posey Ohio State WR

Round 7 Vick Ballard Mississippi State RB

any thoughts or feed back is greatly accepted
After his performance at the East West game, don't think Norman will last till the 5th round. Like the first two picks from a position perspective. Would like to see Jeffrey's workout numbers before I would say great pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
After his performance at the East West game, don't think Norman will last till the 5th round. Like the first two picks from a position perspective. Would like to see Jeffrey's workout numbers before I would say great pick.

I agree, he showed he can play with the big boys, all it would take is a 4.4 or 4.5 40 and he'll probably be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
I accuallyhad a hard time putting Norman at 5 but I would be happy if we got him in the 4th.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
As for your draft, seems pretty complete hitting on all of our needs EXCEPT another TE, then again we could very well get Walker, Peelle and Byham back. I couldn't be upset with your draft though.

Love the Harrison Smith pick.
So much of the draft hinges on FA so in 2 months things could be very different.
Before the all-star games, this might've looked a little more on target. However, with rising players it's a bit off.

Reports are the scouts are saying Norman and Harrison will both be 2nd or 3rd round picks.
Josh Normans stock is way up If we are to get him We would be fortunate if he was there in the late 2nd round...depending on the Combine he could be a late first rounder early 2nd, as is he appears to be a third rounder right now ...He will be drafted long before Trumaine Johnson. Johnson is projecting to be maybe a a 4th or 5th rounder. There is still a long time before the Draft. We still have the Combine and the Pro days to close the book on these kids
Trumane is a player im hoping we get. Hes a real physical corner great in man to man.
I think if LaMichael James is there in the third round, the Niners pick him up.
I want nothing to do with Jeffery. We have one receiver who cant separate in Crabtree. No need to add another.

I like Zeitler but I highly doubt he is there in round two and I don't see a huge upgrade over Snyder anyways. They are pretty much identical players. Might as well keep Snyder and draft a playmaker with that round 2 pick.
I really think the first two rounds have to focus on WR and DB. If a big, physical, WR who can go up and get the ball is picked up via FA, Janoris Jenkins is a true lockdown DB that has to be considered if he is still on the board at 30.
love the first 3 picks
Originally posted by stonecold590:
This is only a Mock Draft. not including Free agency. This is my First one of this Year


Round 1 : Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina At one point this season Alshon was a lock to be the second WR selected and was a top 10 selection. Things can quickly change in the world of football and Jeffery's stock has been irrevocably damaged because of his lack of production this season. It has also been rumored that he has a bit of a lackadaisical attitude to the sport and the preparation it requires. . At 6'4" and 225 lbs Alshon is a huge target for Smith. His size alone will create huge mismatches for this young offense, especially in the red zone, where the Niners were a little lackluster this season.. Although this may not have been his best year, Alshon produced 183 receptions, 3,042 yards, and 23 TD in 3 years!

Round 2: Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin OG Kevin Zeitler is what would be called a "battling technician", as all OL prospects from Wisconsin are well-coached. He has a quick first step and great hands which make it difficult for defenders to disengage. He takes over for Snyder and allows Kawami Haris 2.0 MR CR to leave the team.

Round 3: Trumaine Johnson CB MONTANA Sr 6'2" 204 I have watched his play for the past 3 years. kid is Big, physical, good coverage and great when it comes to the Run. i really think he is going earlier in the draft then first thought.

Round 4: Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame

Round 5 Josh Norman Coastal College CB

Round 6: DeVier Posey Ohio State WR

Round 7 Vick Ballard Mississippi State RB

any thoughts or feed back is greatly accepted


If Jeffery does have a lackadaisical attitude toward the amount of preparation needed then that screams "stay away" to me.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
If Jeffery does have a lackadaisical attitude toward the amount of preparation needed then that screams "stay away" to me.

Yeah we really dont want Rashaun Woods part 2.