There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Senior Bowl GAMEDAY Thread

Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
I just was hearing reports from the Senior Bowl...It appears Boykin was by far the best CB, he may have placed himself as a top 15 pick. Dennard's stock took a nosedive..., Jenkins looked very fast and very physical
Marvin Jones was the most polished WR running precisely executed routes

latest on Boykin is that he suffered an injury that may keep him from participating in the combine, not sure about his pro day

really sucks for him
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
I just was hearing reports from the Senior Bowl...It appears Boykin was by far the best CB, he may have placed himself as a top 15 pick. Dennard's stock took a nosedive..., Jenkins looked very fast and very physical
Marvin Jones was the most polished WR running precisely executed routes

latest on Boykin is that he suffered an injury that may keep him from participating in the combine, not sure about his pro day

really sucks for him

Boykin is an athletic multi-purpose player, but in my opinion, his ceiling would've been around the 25th pick or later. A major knock on him, aside from his miniature size (5-9 183), was his propensity to grab receivers all the time. Even if he has good coverage, this would negate solid play if he's drawing penalties all the time or just being thrown over the top of for easy completions. Seems like a great nickel CB candidate though for somebody.

I wish Coryell Judie had been healthy and invited to the game. I wanted to see how he would do. I think if he stays in the 3rd round range, he could be a steal at our 3rd pick if we wanted to take him.
The top corners got exposed a couple times during the game (Jenkins, Boykins, and Hayward), but they each also had good plays. Jenkins is so extremely talented and athletic. Very fluid, good speed, and physical. However, I did see him get lazy a couple times with his tackling. Boykins is also very talented. Although he's on the short side, he plays big and can hit. I did see him get beat by Fuller (I think) for a catch. Hayward played very well and showed his aggressive nature as a ballhawk. However, he played too aggressive at times and got called for a penalty or was beat for the catch.

The receivers didn't really make any splashes other than Joe Adams. Dwight Jones was quiet, Jeff Fuller dropped a catchable ball, etc.

Alameda Ta'amu impressed me very much. Very good quickness for someone that big.
I was dead wrong about Criner. I knew he improved his stock, but was unaware just HOW much he did this week. Here to own up to my stance that Criner has no shot of going in the first two rounds. As it stands today, I hear he could be a late 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I was dead wrong about Criner. I knew he improved his stock, but was unaware just HOW much he did this week. Here to own up to my stance that Criner has no shot of going in the first two rounds. As it stands today, I hear he could be a late 2nd round pick.

He looked great especially with the way he had to catch all those badly thrown passes.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
He looked great especially with the way he had to catch all those badly thrown passes.

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

That is the kind of receiver I want, someone who can catch junk. I want someone who can catch anything near him, not just who can catch the perfect ball, I want a WR that is willing, and wants to catch everything. So if Criner can do that, and has some speed, and we can get Fleener/Green and Curry and Teamu, and whoever else can help our team I am all for it. But that is what I think Alex needs is a receiver who not only wants to catch every thing but goes out and does it consistently. Between that WR and VD Smith would have some consistent targets.