There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

drafting vontez burifect this yeat: why it would possibly be a grerat move

this post is inspired by OTCs drafting a TE post, which I thought was very convincing and a nice example of thinking outside the box

burifect is a linebacker in the mold of willis and bowman...but i think he could play parys harralson's position at olb and be an upgrade...like willis/bowman, burifect is a hard initmidating hitter, sure tackler and would make a tough hardhitting intinidating defense even more so...he fits along the lines of a team that wants to beat up their opponent

he hasnt proven to be a great pass rusher but has the athletic traits to contribute there, and besides fangio likes to generate his pass rush from his front 4 mostly

niners clearly have greater needs but if burifect say fell to the bottom of round 2, he would be a guy to consider
NO THANK YOU
Not sure, but don't think he is big enough for OLB.
The NFL draft's version of Nuke LaLoosh from Bull Durham. Million dollar talent but a 5 cent head. Doesn't take well to coaching, free lances on the field instead of playing within the scheme, etc. Niners would have to see if he's worth the risk. Pass!
you're reaching
Originally posted by hofer36:
this post is inspired by OTCs drafting a TE post, which I thought was very convincing and a nice example of thinking outside the box

burifect is a linebacker in the mold of willis and bowman...but i think he could play parys harralson's position at olb and be an upgrade...like willis/bowman, burifect is a hard initmidating hitter, sure tackler and would make a tough hardhitting intinidating defense even more so...he fits along the lines of a team that wants to beat up their opponent

he hasnt proven to be a great pass rusher but has the athletic traits to contribute there, and besides fangio likes to generate his pass rush from his front 4 mostly

niners clearly have greater needs but if burifect say fell to the bottom of round 2, he would be a guy to consider

Aldon Smith? He only backed up the position this yer because he had no offseason. He will start there in 2012, book it. When we have a 4-man front, we only have 2 LBs on the field, because we are in nickel. Not sure if Brooks will be back, but I hope he will, and I don't really want this kid anyway
I'm from Arizona and spend a lot of time down in Tucson, trust me when I say you don't want any part of Burfict. He's been a notorious headcase, he'd be worth a flyer in the 3rd or 4th round, but not in the 1st round, his behavior was far worse than the stuff that got Bowman knocked back in the draft. If the 49ers were going to take a linebacker early, I'd want Upshaw. BEASTLY!
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM ]
I went to ASU and I want no part of this guy. This guy is a major headcase. He's gotten so many personal fouls (hits after the whistle) that just killed defensive drives. Plus just this last off-season when his coach praised how much he matured, he got into a locker room fight with a WR that weighs 50 pounds less than him. Not to mention the coaching staff would not allow him to ever talk to the media for some odd reason.

Although I think we have the locker room to keep this guy in check, I just wouldn't risk it
Originally posted by asu49ers:
I went to ASU and I want no part of this guy. This guy is a major headcase. He's gotten so many personal fouls (hits after the whistle) that just killed defensive drives. Plus just this last off-season when his coach praised how much he matured, he got into a locker room fight with a WR that weighs 50 pounds less than him. Not to mention the coaching staff would not allow him to ever talk to the media for some odd reason.

Although I think we have the locker room to keep this guy in check, I just wouldn't risk it

He'll end up in New England and tear s**t up. He's an explosive talent and a guy for whom the term "aggressive hitter" is simply an understatement. He's got the ability no doubt, it's just his head that is questionable, extremely questionable, you honestly never know what this guy might do and he'd get my vote for being the most likely to pull a shank out of his uniform and stab someone out on the field.
This guy comes across like a Joey Porter. As along as he has the right people around him he can channel that recklessness, if not then hes a loose canon. Hes nasty though.
Would love to see this guy slip to us in the 2nd round. His ball pursuit speed is bad ass.

• buck
  • Veteran
Burifect and Cliff Harris from Oregon are two players Baalke and Harbaugh will NOT draft.
Burfict is an underachieving head case, and will probably be best suited inside in a 3-4 defense. All the talent in the world, but this team needs to make a run now, and blowing a first or second on someone like Burfict is not the move the team needs to make. He is going to be off a lot of teams boards come April.
its vontaze burfict.....

And I've already posted my report on him, no reason to be duplicative. But he is not as good as people think.
You are not OTC.