There are 197 users in the forums

:::OFFICiAL::: 2012 NFL SCOUTING COMBINE THREAD

Originally posted by THEMerts80:
Who am I keeping my eye out for, in regards to strong 40 times at WR and CB?
Rich Eisen at both.
never been one to be excited about watching the combine. i'll just peep the results. I wonder how tall RG3 really is
[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 22, 2012 at 8:35 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
it's today?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
it's today?

starts today

Offensive linemen, tight ends and special-teamers comprise the first wave of draft-eligible players who begin arriving Wednesday in Indianapolis for the annual NFL scouting combine.Those groups will be followed by quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers on Thursday; defensive linemen and linebackers on Friday; and defensive backs on Saturday.

Players have four days of responsibilities at the combine:Day 1: Travel to Indianapolis, registration, hospital pre-examination and X-rays, orientation, interviews with teams.Day 2: Measurements, medical exams, media, psychological testing, interviews with teams.Day 3: NFLPA meeting psychological testing, interviews with teams.Day 4: Workout (timing, stations, skill drills), departure from IndianapolisRead more: 2012 NFL scouting combine invitees Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
no updates?

I iz disappoint
Originally posted by vrabbit:
no updates?

I iz disappoint

nothing really to update
Kinda sucks. Starts today but NFLN coverage is Sunday I think.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Kinda sucks. Starts today but NFLN coverage is Sunday I think.

They start coverage tomorrow.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Maybe Quick from Appalachian State , you mean?

...and yes.. lots of absolutes and knee-jerk reactions to come. Everybody becomes a "legit scout" from now till.. well, a long long time.

My bad, I meant on the defensive side. Im still trying to track down the freaking draft profile I specifically remember but I think it might of been Trumaine Johnson.

And the knee jerk combine reactions will be bountiful haha, hopefully with youtube more prevalent for highlight reels... the scouts (myself included ) can go back and look at the "film" easier
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Looking forward to seeing who we interview

Saturday, 9am (est) starts the live coverage from the combine, unless I'm missing something.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Saturday, 9am (est) starts the live coverage from the combine, unless I'm missing something.

That's when the on field drill coverage begins. The weight lifting and measurements starts thursday for the first couple of groups.

http://www.nflcombine.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/gen_sched_2012.pdf
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:18 PM ]
Got it.
2:30pm (est) tomorrow
We will soon get numbers on height and weight for offensive linemen and tight ends. probably the most significant number today could be Georgia TE Orson Charles. Will he be at least 6'2, which is the speculation, or shorter.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 23, 2012 at 6:45 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We will soon get numbers on height and weight for offensive linemen and tight ends. probably the most significant number today could be Georgia TE Orson Charles. Will he be at least 6'2, which is the speculation, or shorter.

Also don't forget Alshon Jeffries, he's weighing in with the TEs today .
Share 49ersWebzone